This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
    ...being wild urban geese their bodies would have all sorts of nasty toxins in them.
    Like the pigeons of Ankh-Morpork.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I am a long time vegetarian, but I would never berate someone for eating meat. I buy it for my family. I realize that my personal views should not impede someone else's rights.

I can guarantee you if there was a food shortage I would eat anything else besides an animal. Even peas and raw tomatoes. And I HATE them.
      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
        ....what about Soylent Green?
        Still... where can I try it?

OK, maybe not humans.
        Maybe.
        Some people eat the placenta after a childbirth. You can find recipes online.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Like the pigeons of Ankh-Morpork.
          ...or of any major Roundworld city, really.
          Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
          I am a long time vegetarian, but I would never berate someone for eating meat.
          Good on you I had some bad experiences with vegetarians trying to "convert" me. Very few of the several I know, of course, but still.
          I would eat anything else besides an animal. Even peas and raw tomatoes. And I HATE them.
          Uuuuuh, amongst my favourite "greenies"
          Quoth Seshat View Post
          Interesting.
          Now I only need to have a baby...
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            You DO realize that "every species" includes insects (of which there are thousands), toads, rats, cockroaches, cats, dogs, and humans, right?
            While I haven't savored them as such, I've swallowed quite a few bugs in my time without suffering ill effects. I still want to try tarantula if I ever find someone who roasts them.

Comment

About bugs and other arthropods -- one time I found a dead house centipede in the tub that had been soaking in hot water. It looked just like a boiled shrimp. At that moment I understood why my cat thought they were so tasty.

Comment

I am a long time vegetarian, but I would never berate someone for eating meat. I buy it for my family. I realize that my personal views should not impede someone else's rights. I can guarantee you if there was a food shortage I would eat anything else besides an animal. Even peas and raw tomatoes. And I HATE them.
                I feel the same. I wouldn't eat meat unless the alternative was complete starvation. And if it came down to starvation or eating a person, I'd die.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                  I blame that on the great Californian "OMG Jack in the Box uses Kangaroo meat in its burgers!!1!eleventy " Scare of 1981. Fun times...
                  To quoth a dumb politican: Please explain

Quoth lineswine View Post
                  Including the majestic møøse A Møøse once bit my sister ... No realli!
                  She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink".

<<<HUGE apologies to Monty Python>>>

Quoth Mishi View Post
                  Om nom nom! I love 'roo, mostly as mince but also as a slow-roast. When we lived in WA, there was a huge range in the supermarket. Now that I live in Qld, it's harder to find and is usually about to go off or doesn't look quite right. I like it because it has a nice flavour, is full of iron, is very lean and also filling. I've tried emu, but it wasn't all that great. That could have been because of the recipes though.

I once fed my inlaws kangaroo lasange, they freaked after Rugz let slip that they'd just eaten 'Skippy' and had complimented me on the lovely flavour. Nowadays, they call before coming over for dinner.
                  Check your local Woolworths, they carry kangaroo meat.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  I thought you drank it

And because I'm too lazy to snip Jester's post, I remember watching some special-it was either Guinness World Records or Ripley's Believe It Or Not-where apparaently a Chinese restaurant (in China) was offering rat on its menu.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                    Veal smells absolutely wonderful to me, essence of all that is good and meat-tastic. Taste doesn't quite live up to the smell, but I don't think anything could...that said, it's GOOD stuff.

Buffalo? Love it. Venison? Gimmeh!

I'd love to try some of the others, just haven't had a chance to.

The one that will blow everyone's mind that I've never tried? Lamb. My mother doesn't like it, says it's too greasy and she just doesn't like the taste, so I wouldn't even have the first idea how to cook it now if I got ahold of some.
                    Love veal, rarely cook it because it's so expensive. Tried Elk once, when Fuddruckers was offering it. Found it dry and unremarkable . . . but it was a hamburger and was probably over cooked. I'd try it again if I could get it cooked medium rare.

I like lamb. My father hated it, mostly because when he was in the Navy it was all he ate for six months at sea (Navy must have gotten a deal). Once Dad got out, he refused to touch it again. Mom would make it as a special treat when Dad went out of town on business trips.

I don't care for liver. I've never tried other organ meats.

Tried goose once. Found it greasy and strongly flavored. We'd never cooked it before, so maybe we didn't do something right. I also found the experience of biting into a shotgun pellet (wild goose) surprising to say the least

Basically, if it's meat, I'll try it and probably like it

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                    While I haven't savored them as such, I've swallowed quite a few bugs in my time without suffering ill effects. I still want to try tarantula if I ever find someone who roasts them.
                    I've heard it tastes like crab. Mmmmm. Crab.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
                      I could never eat a horse as I grew up in Texas and ride, so I simply don't view them as a food animal.
                      Just curious, but if you rode bulls at the rodeo, would you avoid eating beef?

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      No kidding. Cattle is a lousy and inefficient source of food and if people didn't have money-making effort tied to cows, they'd probably be endangered by now.
                      The way they're raised now (grain-fed in feedlots), they're inefficient. Back in the "old west", when grassland that couldn't be farmed for crops due to a shortage of either water, or labour for farming, they were an efficient way to turn grassland into something edible by humans.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                        Tried Elk once, when Fuddruckers was offering it. Found it dry and unremarkable . . . but it was a hamburger and was probably over cooked.
                        Elk or buffalo should NEVER be cooked well done,medium is the most it should be cooked.The reason is that those meats have virtually no fat in them & overcooking dries them out.

I'd be real leery of a big chain like Fuddrucker's offering game meat,if it's real then they should know how to cook it.
                        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                          I'd be real leery of a big chain like Fuddrucker's offering game meat,if it's real then they should know how to cook it.
                          I eat at Fuddrucker's semi-regularly. Last time through I opted for venison, and the time before that was boar. They cook it how you ask for it, so if it is overcooked, either you asked for it to be overcooked, or they did it wrong and you should ask for it to be redone.

I like my meat a nice even medium, and the local Fuddrucker's has never let me down.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            JBack in the "old west", when grassland that couldn't be farmed for crops due to a shortage of either water, or labour for farming, they were an efficient way to turn grassland into something edible by humans.
                            But didn't that drive out native wildlife that lived on the same grassland and ate the same inedible plants?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Just curious, but if you rode bulls at the rodeo, would you avoid eating beef?
                              Probably...my dad was a bullrider, and he'd sure eat the heck out of beef. It's just that the thing is, to me horses are more partners than pets or livestock or anything like that-they're a team. They're friends. Bulls-well, they can be pets in some rare cases, and I wouldn't eat a pet bull, but in most cases they're livestock, and if you were bullriding, then they're your enemy because they are trying to get you off their back and kill you if they can. It may not make sense, but that's just how I see it.

Comment

To quoth a dumb politican: Please explain
                                back in the late 70's/early 80's, some dolt spread the rumor that jack in the box served kangaroo meat as burgers instead of beef. wasn't true, but it didn't keep the rumor from spreading.
                                look! it's ghengis khan!
                                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                                X