Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the guy on the Skytrain is related to this guy.

http://wrongnumbertexts.com/post/823...2/sausage-fest

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
      Ryan is sometimes a name given to girls, though typically seen as male, like Sydney.
      I, too, have met or known of women named Ryan.

As well as Mikey, Rhys, Reagan, Ramsey, Sean, Hunter, Tyler, Taylor, Andi, Jo, Sam, George, Hayden, Peyton, Jordan, Syd, Shea, Tommi, Ray, Jeri, Micki, Carlin--well, you get the idea.

And of course, we have guys with traditionally girl names, like named Stacy, Tracy, Kelly, Loren, and Carol, among others.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I would like to be your friend,
        Lies.

Hope you feel better, GK.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

As I read through all of those conversations you relayed here, one thought remained in my head the entire time: "Natural selection, PLEASE WORK FASTER!"

Comment

Nothing says Friday night like a creepy old hobo on the Skytrain that hasn’t shaved since Nixon was president. Staring in total mesmerizing straight down at his own crotch and smacking his lips.

It could have been worse.

He could have been staring at YOUR crotch and smacking his lips.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              And of course, we have guys with traditionally girl names, like named Stacy, Tracy, Kelly, Loren, and Carol, among others.
              Actually, traditionally those are guys' names which have become girl names.

But this may be one of those tricky areas and we should just agree that a lot of names are becoming androgynous.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I feel I must point out that I do obviously tend to change names and places to protect my veil of mystery. So debating the gender of Ryan is kind of futile >.>. I also did speak with him long enough to confirm his gender ( and listen to his sulking at my mistake ).

Comment

This is one of the first times where I feel I can make a comment that would be enjoyable. When I was younger I was mistaken for my mother and sister on the phone thanks to a soft voice. Along with having a relatively feminine appearance due to long hair, and my particular body type. However I have no problem sharing the fact that the first and only time I have ever been hit on was by a teenage boy that thought I was a cute girl. A teenage boy that was then laughed at by his friends as I explained that I was a male.

Also I would like to say I am a fan of your excellent writing Gravekeeper, and that I hope that you get well soon.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    But this may be one of those tricky areas and we should just agree that a lot of names are becoming androgynous.
                    There are a LOT of names that, pardon the phrase, go either way.

Off the top of my head (and NOT counting the girls I've known named George, Ray, and Mikey): Stacy, Tracy, Leslie, Kelly, Loren, Andy, Kerry, Peyton, Hayden, Taylor, Tyler, Ryan, Reagan, Rhys, Sean, Shelly, Sandy, Randy, Lane, Hunter, Ashley, Joe, Darryl, Stevie, Micky, Lee, Evan, Sam, Ronnie, Jody, Glenn, Max, Mickey, Corey, Harry, Robin, Kim, Chris, Brett, Britt, Pat, Rene, Perry, Quinn, Cooper, Robbie, Bobby, Mel, Willie, Marty, Connie, Carol, Lonnie, Tommy, Alex, Matty, Jamie, and Billy, to name just a few. Yeah, some of them are spelled differently for the two genders, but that is not always the case, and they do still sound the same.

Frankly, I'm sure that I've barely scratched the surface!

I feel I must point out that I do obviously tend to change names and places to protect my veil of mystery. So debating the gender of Ryan is kind of futile.
                    Well then, perhaps when you mock a caller for using an "obviously" singular gender name, you should make the pseudonym equally obviously singularly gendered. Like John or Luke, Mary or Betty. Rather than something genderly neutral. Like, say, Ryan.

Quoth Tesla View Post
                    However I have no problem sharing the fact that the first and only time I have ever been hit on was by a teenage boy that thought I was a cute girl. A teenage boy that was then laughed at by his friends as I explained that I was a male.
                    Reminds me of the time I was shopping and running errands with my niece Dragon. Having gotten quite a bit done, and feeling thirsty, we stopped into a local watering hole, me for a quick beer, her for a Coke. As we were there, minding our own business, one of the male bar denizens took a marked interest in Dragon. And hit on her. Or, more precisely, sent his female friend over to do it for him.

His friends were mocking him, telling him, "Dude, she's only fourteen." He ignored them. Later, after the truth came out, I told him, "Look, you didn't hit on a fourteen year old. You hit on a TWELVE year old."

He was 28.

Actually, that is not at all true. He didn't hit on a 12 year old. He had someone else do it for him. Something that I (and his friends) mercilessly reminded him of.

Humiliating for him. Hilarious for me and his friends. Brag-worthy the next day at school for my niece.

She may have forgotten about it, and I haven't thought about it in a while. But I guaran-freakin-tee you his friends have not only not forgotten about it, they have not stopped reminding HIM about it either, over the last six years.

I almost feel bad for him.

Almost.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Re: Vick: get his number if it doesn't come up on call display. Ask him... I dunno, for his contact info so that you can forward it to your higher-ups and deal with his RCMP problem. Then block the number.

Comment

Doesn't anyone name their daughter Rhiannon anymore?
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Rhiannon is about as uncommon as Faeryn (although apparently Faeryn is gender neutral, we'll see if those boys grow up to agree with their parents about that), I know a couple of both but they all get comments on what a strange name they have.

Comment

Working...
                          X