This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another parenting fail

A woman who was on the line of the register next to mine had her 1 month baby with her. One of the items she was getting was diapers and she was convinced that the price that rang up was wrong. The cashier tried to get the manager to do a price check but it was a minute or so later and she didn't come up so the woman decides to go to the aisle to look herself. And left her 1 month old baby at the register.

After she left, the cashier said she had saw her before. She said that she was looking for her baby and then when another customer at the service desk asked her if this is her baby she just said oh there you are in a calm way like it was something small and petty she lost.

Another female who shouldn't have been allowed to procreate.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

How...do you forget where you put your BABY!? I mean, it's not like a shopping bag or your lunch! It's not a damned accessory! Geeze, what is wrong with people; if you're not going to take care of them, don't have them!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Coworker of mine was almost late to work a while back because the entire mall was on lockdown because of a missing baby.

It was found at JCPenny. Stupid young mother went shopping with her baby in its carseat, set it down to look at stuff, and wandered away and suddenly realized she forgot her baby.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It is astonishing how the human race manages to survive.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            ! It's not a damned accessory!
            Are you sure? House, 2 cars and the token 2.4 kids?

Comment

I had a lot of people the last couple of days that NEEDED to be sterilized before they could breed any more/start to try.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

I'm forever forgetting where I have left things but even I haven't managed to forget any of my babies.

Comment

Leaving the baby the way she did, it would be too easy for some person to come along & take the baby & she'd never see it again. What she did is an invitation to disaster.

Comment

she didn't forget; like all parent sc's, she assumed that babysitting is among all worker duties.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Yarnil View Post
                      Are you sure? House, 1.27 cars and the token 2.58 kids?
                      "...since I'm the only one who can drive three tenths of a car, I have the sole use of it."

(STR)
                      Last edited by Shalom; 09-06-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Worked at a Mal-Wart and some lady left a 3 year old kid there... and made it about 20 miles before she realized she was missing a kid. She had five total... alcohol was also involved.

Bonus: Poor kid only had on a diaper that was soiled and it was December 24th. I would weep for our species but sadly Im out of tears.

Due to legitimate health and legal concerns one of the gals that worked there at the time wasnt allowed to change his diaper and who knows how long that kids bottom was covered in crap... at least 3 hours cause thats how long it took her to show back up, police and social worker were already there. Sadly... the on call social worker recognized the kid.

Comment

Quoth Yarnil View Post
                          Are you sure? House, 1.27 cars and the token 2.4 kids?
                          Quoth Shalom View Post
                          "...since I'm the only one who can drive three tenths of a car, I have the sole use of it."

(STR)
                          You must have been the .4 kid.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                            Sadly... the on call social worker recognized the kid.
                            That's....that's never, EVER a good sign... >_>
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Makes me wonder sometimes if people neglect their kids like this because they secretly want something to happen to them. Like they realized too late they don't like being parents, so they do the bare minimum as far as child care and hope someone steals the kid.

It's like how every summer, there's some kind of "stay safe in the sun!" list and it tells people to put important things like phones and purses in the back with the kids so you don't forget the kids in 100+ degree heat back there. WTF? When you need to be told to leave your purse near your kid so you don't forget your kid, something is very very wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X