This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Canarr View Post
    Why, exactly, are people still paying for their food instead of just ripping you off?
    Because most people aren't complete douchebags. That, and most people are also stupid, so those who are also complete douchebags don't think about pulling these sorts of scams.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
      Why, exactly, are people still paying for their food instead of just ripping you off?
      Can't speak for the SCs, but many people have this terrible handicap, called a moral code, which, apparently the SCs do not have nor have even heard of.

Kisa, I'm sorry you had to deal with Supreme Queen Sucky Bitch From The Bowels Of Hell on top of everything else you've been dealing with. I sincerely hope your manager grows a spine and tells her precisely where to cram her business and her "chips instead of a taco shell".
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I will never, ever understand the managerail mindset. "Give it to her so she'll go away." First of all, if he keeps giving her free stuff, she'll keep coming back FOR MORE FREE STUFF. Second, if he says no, eventually she WILL go away, and I highly doubt she has enough clout to get everybody in the place fired. If she had that kind of power she'd have used it already.

Managers. I do NOT understand them.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How about instead of giving her free stuff to "make her go away", you just ban her. Then she'll be away forever. Wouldn't that be nice?

Comment

I think in most cases the spinelessness comes in due to corporate rules and/or the higher-ups who never deal with the public and just don't get the concept that good customer service doesn't necessarily mean give the SCs and EWs whatever they want if they scream loud enough. And I bet a good chunk of those higher-ups are SCs and EWs themselves.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post

This really gets me.

So I could walk into your store, tell the counter person some food I ordered last week was messed up, provide no proof whatsoever that I'd even been in the store ever before - and get a "remake"?

HEY Kisa stop stealing all of my <pizza place's> scammers

yes our customers do this enough and the corp line is "Give them free shit. no questions asked."
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm astounded the scammer forgot he'd been busted recently. Starting to think he's had a blow to the head recently and forgotted all sorts of important stuff.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                  SC: I want a taco salad on chips instead of the salad shell.
                  Me: Let me go check to see how I should do that.
                  SC: *cue death glare*
                  Me: *OMFG! IT'S BITCH SUPREME!* Hey S, this lady wants chips instead of the salad shell. How should I do that?
                  Were you tempted to squirt sour cream on her and cover her in tomatoes? After all, that's the difference between a <whatever> and a <whatever supreme> at Toxic Hell, and as you described her, she was a Bitch Supreme.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Boss Man needs to quit caving to Bitch Supreme (and ban her) because she and other SC's like her are just plain bad for business.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      I'm astounded the scammer forgot he'd been busted recently.
                      Well, it has been my experience that most scammers aren't all that bright to begin with...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        I'm astounded the scammer forgot he'd been busted recently. Starting to think he's had a blow to the head recently and forgotted all sorts of important stuff.

Rapscallion
                        Maybe it's not the only TB where he does that, and he's having trouble keeping them straight? "Crap, was I busted at the one downtown, or the one by the highway?"

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Because most people aren't complete douchebags.
                        Ah, yeah; there's that...

Personally, I consider myself moderately honest. I've corrected cashiers when they charged me too little, or gave too much change; I've handed credit cards I found in at their bank; I've alerted a woman who left her purse when hustling her kid home from the playground. And I've never claimed food I had no right to.

But if I found money out in public, without ID attached, I wouldn't bother giving it to the police, but keep it. And, theoretically, I probably wouldn't be adverse to downloading music or a movie from the internet, or park without feeding the meter.

Still, the idea that such a policy exists just baffles me. I don't know if I'd had the moral fortitude back in my teenage days to resist scamming free food if TB makes it so easy. That just seems kinda... stupid.
                        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Man, I apologize on behalf of humanity for that wicked woman.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The rice on the salads must be a regional thing.. I've been eating at Taco Hell since I was in my single digits and I've never gotten rice on a Taco Salad..

"The paper thang?" Ahh, yes because receipts are you know such a new concept.

"6 Soft Taco Bellgrandes" They apparently don't even know what they ordered

I don't care for the Taco Salad shells, I just order a Nacho Bell with shredded cheese instead of nacho, but I never bitch about the extra charge.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                            X