This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More hotel horror stories

As I stated before I have worked night audit at various hotels over the years and I have amassed quite the collection of stories.

Drunks are not fun! What is even worst is when they come to the front desk after 2am (cut off time) and insist on being served. This is one area where we have to be inflexible. There is no way we could give someone any alcohol after 2am. Once we even had a convention of state troopers ask and of course we denied them. (wouldn't you?)

One night (on a tuesday no less) because it was usually a slow night I was the only night auditor at the desk and we had one guy in security that night. Well, I come into work and the afternoon desk clerk tells me she suspects that several parents had come in earlier to pay for prom rooms (who has a prom on a tuesday?) Well, come 2am and several kids roll in and next thing you know the noise complaints are coming in off the hook. We actually had to call the cops and clear out 30 (yes, I said 30) prom rooms. What a crazy night that was.

Guests who insist on asking for a new key to their room without showing proper identification make me want to yell. I mean, really, anyone can come to the desk and ask for a key and if we don't check we can be in big trouble. We have to know who we are giving keys to because even an ex-husband on a rampage with the same last name should not be given a key to his ex-wife's room. What kills me is getting yelled at by the father of a bride because I won't make him a key to his daughter's room.

I also want to slap people around who insist on renting rooms on wedding nights and procede to have parties in said rooms. Hotel rooms are for sleeping only - we have empty banquet rooms we can place large groups in if the noise gets to bad. Once the noise complaints roll in we have to shut down the party and ask everyone not registered to the room to leave. Why is that such a hard concept for people to grasp? I have had fathers of brides tell me "you know how much we spent here today?" Well, other people have paid to stay here too and all they want is a good night's sleep.

Well, reckon I rambled on enough. I gots a million more stories and I will put some in the next rant.

SC: "You know how much we spent here today?"

"Yes. And your point is?" [i.e.: "Yes, and we've got your money, sir -- were you thinking you'd get some of it back if we don't let you keep the rest of the building awake?"]

Ah, the things we'd love to say if it wouldn't result in them burning up the phone lines to management ... and management caving like a wet paper sack ...

Comment

Re: drunks and cutting them off.

The only drunk in the world that I would not cut off if he complained would be Andre the Giant, and that's because he's ANDRE THE F***ING GIANT. Are YOU going to tell him "no"?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

The only drunk in the world that I would not cut off if he complained would be Andre the Giant, and that's because he's ANDRE THE F***ING GIANT. Are YOU going to tell him "no"?
        I'd ask him if he wanted a peanut.

Comment

SC: "You know how much we spent here today?"

Me: "Yes, and we're going to need that money now to refund all the other guests that you've disturbed with your noise."
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

For them, the day you called the cops on their prom parties was the most important day of their lives. But for you, it was Tuesday.
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

At this point, he'd also be a zombie, which is good enough reason not to give him anything.
              Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Andre the giant has been dead for 18 years, so that would be a surprising request.
                If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Yes, I'm aware that Andre the Giant is dead.

If he were alive, I wouldn't cut the man off.

If he turns up now, I'd first mark out, because... hey, Andre the Giant. Then I'd freak out, because... holy crap Giant Zombie!
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
                    At this point, he'd also be a zombie
                    The thread is labeled "horror stories".
                    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

If he turns up now, I'd first mark out, because... hey, Andre the Giant. Then I'd freak out, because... holy crap Giant Zombie!

If he wore a mask, he would be Giant Zombie Machine!

That said... it's an awesome name for a band. Hmm...

Comment

Quoth Kaibutsu View Post
                        If he wore a mask, he would be Giant Zombie Machine!

Old school wrestling reference FTW.

I remember seeing a book title that I thought would be a great band name: Zombies of the Gene Pool.

Comment

I work at a hotel as well, and I REFUSE to work night audit for that reason and the stupid fubbling idiots who come in at 2am to ask for a room that is 94.99 and demands I give them a discount cuz they only have 50 bucks on them. Not only that we don't even take cash here because of people like that they insist on stealing stuff and breaking things in the room. And I completely agree with your point about the keys, I had the same problem the week before because some guy wanted to get into a room he "suspected" his daughter was in...look when a 50 year old inraged man comes in looking for a young girl like 25 or so and demanding a key IM NOT GIVING IT TO YOU. But hey its always the front desk clerks fault. lol.

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
                            Hotel rooms are for sleeping only - we have empty banquet rooms we can place large groups in if the noise gets too bad.
                            But they wouldn't want that, though, because they'd have to, God forbid, pay for the banquet room.

(Unless you give it to them at no charge. I could even see that being comped as a way to keep everyone else in the joint from complaining. I'd still take a deposit for potential damages, though.)

Comment

Quoth Kaibutsu View Post
                              actually I'm partial to "roadkill fish" for a band name....or "caterpillar stalkings"
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X