Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTENTION: I broke the law, and will continue to do so, thank you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION: I broke the law, and will continue to do so, thank you.

It all started a couple days ago when on my normal rounds I found another fake permit. This one was at the same place I got the last forgery from, as when you find one, you start watching that lot much closer as it's probable that whoever made copy 1 probably has also made copies 2 - 5, especially if they've been charging for their services.

I think it was the same crew from the first time because it was a pretty decent forgery and they tried to correct the flaw that got them nailed last time, but gave themselves away in the process by screwing it up even further

Anyway, the car goes on a field trip to the impound, and as it was the last one of the day that was towed, I went home for the weekend and never found out the resolution of the whole deal.

Until I came back in on Monday, and found the same car parked in the same place, sans the fake permit, but with a large note on a piece of construction paper.

"DO NOT TOW! My buddy sold me a fake permit, until I have enough money to buy a real one from the office on Friday, I have no where else to park. Thank you."

Wow, that took some "onions", as it were, to write as it boiled down to "I intend to keep breaking the law until which point it is no longer convenient for me to do so" There seems to be as of late a new movement in the field of ethics that assumes that if you tell everyone you're breaking the law while you do it, you're free of consequence because at least you were being honest.... this guy isn't the first person to try this stunt really, but he was certainly the boldest. And something tells me you won't have the money to buy a real permit on Friday either as, *Whoop!* Oh look at that, your car is gone again, and that'll be another $105

Later learned that his buddy had indeed sold him the forged permit, for $300. He would've been better off just parking without the permit and hope we missed him.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

As much as I hate the university parking people, I also realize that these moronic students don't help their attitude. :\
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

... Can't they park in visitor's parking....?
      "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Later learned that his buddy had indeed sold him the forged permit, for $300. He would've been better off just parking without the permit and hope we missed him.
        Or how about this . . . just buying a parking permit! Would have solved all his problems right there by avoid them.

I don't get this: WHY would someone pay hundreds of dollars for a permit when the real deal costs about the same?

Quoth noone View Post
        ... Can't they park in visitor's parking....?
        Uhm. No. Clearly he's not a visitor, he's a student. I know on my campus, the campus police watch the visitor parking lot. If they see a student leave the vehicle, or if the same car is parked in that lot day after day, then that car will get ticketed and towed.

I have NO sympathy for this guy. Parking's a bitch on my campus too . . . and every other campus I've had to park on. I follow the rules. So can he.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          Uhm. No. Clearly he's not a visitor, he's a student. I know on my campus, the campus police watch the visitor parking lot.
          My school's visitor lot is large enough that some students park there as well, mostly commuters, but they rarely get ticketed, unless there are tours going on and they need the space for prospective students and families.
          "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

The thread title showing up on my monitor read only "I broke the law ..." and the line that immediately popped into my head was "... and the law won!"

Yep, I'm old enough to remember that one.

I occasionally take my car to school. Tuesdays I want to get to work sooner and Fridays I want to get to my volunteer position sooner. Taking the transit back home to get my car will cost me another half an hour.

I buy a daily permit. If I don't get out of there within, say, 15 minutes (maybe half an hour) of the expiry date of my daily permit, guess what ... I get a ticket! (Haven't heard of them towing a car, although I suppose they will do it under specific circumstances.)

Not sure why this guy thinks his lack of planning is the school's problem.

Comment

Everybody sing it with me!

I needed money, 'cause I ... had none
              I Fought the Law and the ... law won
              I Fought the Law and the ... law won
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                The thread title showing up on my monitor read only "I broke the law ..." and the line that immediately popped into my head was "... and the law won!"

Me too
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

The Crickets or Bobby Fuller? (60/66)
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

First thought: (sees who posted it) Yay! Argabarga post!

Second thought: (sees thread title) Ooh, this is gonna be someone with some major cojones.

Third thought: (sees story within) Yup, I was right.

Fourth thought: I've seen dryer lint with more brains than Mister "DONT TOE MEE PLZ THX"
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      The Crickets or Bobby Fuller? (60/66)
                      Bobby Fuller.

Comment

That guy's handwritten sign is the written equivalent of somebody whining, "Well, what else am I supposed to doooooooooooooo?"

Answer: Park elsewhere and walk.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          That guy's handwritten sign is the written equivalent of somebody whining, "Well, what else am I supposed to doooooooooooooo?"

Answer: Park elsewhere and walk.
                          Take the local transit.

Or -- hey, here's an idea! -- how about getting the "friend" who sold you the fake permit to give you a ride until you can afford to buy the real thing??

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

Until I came back in on Monday, and found the same car parked in the same place, sans the fake permit, but with a large note on a piece of construction paper.

"DO NOT TOW! My buddy sold me a fake permit, until I have enough money to buy a real one from the office on Friday, I have no where else to park. Thank you."

If you have ever watched "Parking Wars" you will see lots of people parking their cars illegally with their hazard lights on. As the ticketing officer says "They think by putting the hazard lights on they are signalling us not to ticket them, but really all they are saying is 'Here I am parked illegally! Come and get me'"

Comment

Gerund, that pretty much is exactly what I was thinking.
                              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X