Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTENTION: I broke the law, and will continue to do so, thank you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    "DO NOT TOW! My buddy sold me a fake permit, until I have enough money to buy a real one from the office on Friday, I have no where else to park. Thank you."

Later learned that his buddy had indeed sold him the forged permit, for $300.
    How much does a real permit cost? Between the $300 for the fake and the $105 for each towing charge, I can't imagine he's saved any money trying to skirt the law.
    Quoth Pixilated View Post
    The thread title showing up on my monitor read only "I broke the law ..." and the line that immediately popped into my head was "... and the law won!"
    ♪ ♫ I parked my car in the … hot sun
    I broke the law and the … law won
    Got a fake permit ‘cause I … had none

Got my car towed and I feel so bad
    Oh boy do I feel dumb
    Well, it’s the best car I’ve ever had
    I broke the law and the … law won ♪ ♫
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth noone View Post
      My school's visitor lot is large enough that some students park there as well, mostly commuters, but they rarely get ticketed, unless there are tours going on and they need the space for prospective students and families.
      You're lucky. Our visitor lot is very small. Parking on our campus is so competitive, people come up with ingenious ways to find or create parking spots. They're having to rope off grassy areas to keep cars out of them.

I haven't heard of anyone faking tags, maybe because they are printed on plastic not paper that is then laminated. Campus police changes them every couple of years since we go through so many adjuncts that tags for the part timers get passed around once that employee no longer works for us (why they are not collected at the end of the semester I do not know).

Quoth gerund View Post
      If you have ever watched "Parking Wars" you will see lots of people parking their cars illegally with their hazard lights on. As the ticketing officer says "They think by putting the hazard lights on they are signalling us not to ticket them, but really all they are saying is 'Here I am parked illegally! Come and get me'"

The hazard lights are supposed to mean, "I'm only going to be here for a minute!"

Unfortunately for them, it means what you said.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Everybody sing it with me!

I needed money, 'cause I ... had none
        I Fought the Law and the ... law won
        I Fought the Law and the ... law won
        Quoth dalesys View Post
        The Crickets or Bobby Fuller? (60/66)
        I Fought The Law - The Crickets

I Fought The Law - Bobby Fuller

I Fought The Law - The Clash

I Fought The Lawn - Bob Rivers
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Isn't the case herel "I fought the lager..."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
            If you have ever watched "Parking Wars" you will see lots of people parking their cars illegally with their hazard lights on. As the ticketing officer says "They think by putting the hazard lights on they are signalling us not to ticket them, but really all they are saying is 'Here I am parked illegally! Come and get me'"

It's so true too, they come to get their car and are genuinely confused.

Uh, I uh, I had my flashers on!

Yep, that just made you stick out more so you were the first one to go!

To their credit, a small minority does have a "eureka" moment and realize it, but the remainder just kinda give that goldfish-stare and then say "Uh, I uh, I had my flashers on!" and we get to play the game all over again!
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That song came straight to my head too. But that's probably because my favorite music is 80's Broadway, and my second favorite music is the 60-70's oldies station.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                How much does a real permit cost? Between the $300 for the fake and the $105 for each towing charge, I can't imagine he's saved any money trying to skirt the law.

♪ ♫ I parked my car in the … hot sun
                Got a fake permit ‘cause I … had none

Got my car towed and I feel so bad
                Oh boy do I feel dumb
                Well, it’s the best car I’ve ever had
                I broke the law and the … law won ♪ ♫

Awesome!!

Comment

Didn't Green Day do a cover of the song as well?

Do you be chance have a map of the parking area? I'm wondering if there's a need for more parking spaces or the need to build a parking garage close by.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    Oh look at that, your car is gone again, and that'll be another $105

Later learned that his buddy had indeed sold him the forged permit, for $300.
                    Query: How much for a legitimate permit?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

OK, so we are talking about colleges here? I must be super lucky. They gave me a parking sticker when I got my student ID, I think both together cost like 15.00. And we have parking lots all the way around the building, more often then not half the parking lots are empty during classes because there is so much space. The only times I have seen the parking lots full, still with farther away spaces though, is during big events. The main area that is clogged up and you might have trouble finding a spot is right in front of the building with the cook store, library, and cafeteria in it. And even then if you don't want to take a 2 minute walk from a farther lot then you can pull around back and park there, go in the back way of the building, and take the elevator down and you are right in the middle of everything.

Comment

No idea what a real permit costs at that complex

yes, complex

This wasn't from campus, this was a private apartment 8 blocks away. How he managed to rent there (and he is a tenant) without getting one is a mystery to me. I guess they give you the option of parking and he declined it to get a cheaper rent rate, and then tried to sneak his car in the back door.... but as said before, how he planned to come out ahead... I have no idea.

I guess if he HAD thought it through, he would've realized the gaping flaw sooner

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
                          OK, so we are talking about colleges here? I must be super lucky. They gave me a parking sticker when I got my student ID, I think both together cost like 15.00. And we have parking lots all the way around the building, more often then not half the parking lots are empty during classes because there is so much space. The only times I have seen the parking lots full, still with farther away spaces though, is during big events. The main area that is clogged up and you might have trouble finding a spot is right in front of the building with the cook store, library, and cafeteria in it. And even then if you don't want to take a 2 minute walk from a farther lot then you can pull around back and park there, go in the back way of the building, and take the elevator down and you are right in the middle of everything.

Wow, that is lucky. The closest parking I've got to my campus is about 4 blocks away.

RANDOM FACT: Our university did away with parking permits. They have you register your license plate number in their system, and the parking enforcement vehicles have cameras that scan license plate numbers and compare them to the ones in the database. I thought it was a pretty clever system that helps fix a lot of permit problems. It's not perfect, but hey.

If this guy thought he could get away with parking at an apartment complex overnight without a permit and get away with it...well, I guess he learned that he couldn't. Sheesh.
                          If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                            Or -- hey, here's an idea! -- how about getting the "friend" who sold you the fake permit to give you a ride until you can afford to buy the real thing??
                            Wild guess... "friend's" car was also towed?

Good grief, I'm just boggled at the mindset it takes to admit breaking the law and believe that by admitting it you'll be excused for it. I wonder if it would work for bank robbery?

"I KNOW it's illegal, but I just need a couple of bucks to get me through the next week or so... We're cool, right?"
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

You'd be surprised how many people think that works, "look, I KNOW it was illegal, but, I admitted I did it, so my honesty "evens" it out, right?"

Sorry, the only balance I'm interested in right now is the ledger, and you're $105 in the red whether you're the saint of truth or a lying scumbag.

Comment

I'm just dying to see what happens Monday. Will they try parking again, or have they learned the lesson yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X