Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me: I advised you of the issue, which you ignored under the fact that you use to be a mechanic, for Lexus, if I recall. I can gladly find that draw, the diagnostic fee goes towards the price of...
    awesome pwnage. especially since you called him out over his bs story about being a lexus mechanic

Comment

I guess calling this guy a dim bulb is a bit of a stretch????
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I have an LS400, and I know damn well that it's not meant to draw anything like what his was doing... He's mental!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Does he count as a dummbunny?
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Ah yes, another one of those "YOUR car runs on regular old mechanical principles, but MY car is a LUXURY car and it runs on magic and pixie dust that you can't POSSIBLY comprehend, MORTALl!" people
            BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh, sigh, yes. I think one of my mechanics was telling me how a guy brought in a new luxury car that specifically stated in the manual to use synthetic oil ONLY, to not to would void dealership warranty, etc. Guy didn't want to pay the extra $ for synthetic and insisted on regular oil, even after they warned him. I never did hear how that turned-out. Like his car was so special that it didn't follow the same rules.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Oh great. He's stolen Shao Khan's car.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Like his car was so special that it didn't follow the same rules.
                Well, it didn't follow the same rules. It required synthetic oil. Because it's all special and stuff.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  Come to find out, my trunk light wasn't turning off (the pressure sensor/bracket got bent) and that was draining my battery. Grrrr.
                  Older Chryslers had a battery draw issue with the trunk light not turning off. Got to where my parents would just have a mechanic go in and disable the damned trunk lights in all their chryslers

There is supposedly some sort of electrical issue with VW Jettas, but I have had jettas for about 14 years, and never had electrical problems with any of them. My hubby rolling one and totalling it out yes, electrical issues no. Although the needs bulb replaced light comes on if you put the wrong headlight bulb in [there are 2 bulbs, one is for the jetta one isnt, but they both work just fine. No idea, but the replace bulb light comes on and the light works fine. <shrug>]
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    There is supposedly some sort of electrical issue with VW Jettas, but I have had jettas for about 14 years, and never had electrical problems with any of them.
                    There was a period in the early '90s where VW was getting some pretty crap materials from their suppliers and had notable issues with both hardware (handles, trim, etc) and their wiring.

My mother had a '92 Jetta (right in the middle and one of the worst years, according to Consumer Reports) and the problems it had were quite irritating.

Sometimes the dash lights would go out. Sometimes the headlights would not turn on. Sometimes only the high beams would function. One rear taillight would burn out at the rate of once every two months. It was getting so much juice and running so hot that it actually melted the plastic cover. We're probably lucky nothing burst into flame. The speedometer stopped working (determined to be a non-mechanical issue). The gas gauge stopped working.

The only thing good about that car was the engine.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Spawned View Post
                      .... he actually paid to tow it to another shop after mine.
                      Where, no doubt, he was told the same thing as you told him. Wonder how many times he decided to "lather, rinse, and repeat" before he admitted to himself that he is wrong and that sneak-circuit needs to be found.
                      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I had one of those parasitic drains on my car (88 Chevy Blazer). It was hell trying to find it, because sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasn't...

Finally got tired of replacing batteries, and went to a real automotive electrician. He traced it down to a relay that looked like it had been leftover from a former fog-light installation, where the previous owner had removed the lights but left the relay in place; the coil was drawing something like 100mA even though there wasn't any load connected to it anymore. The reason nobody could find it up to then? Well, see, there was this unlabeled toggle switch sticking out the left side of the center console that didn't do anything, no matter which way you flipped it....

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          There was a period in the early '90s where VW was getting some pretty crap materials from their suppliers and had notable issues with both hardware (handles, trim, etc) and their wiring.

My mother had a '92 Jetta (right in the middle and one of the worst years, according to Consumer Reports) and the problems it had were quite irritating.

Sometimes the dash lights would go out. Sometimes the headlights would not turn on. Sometimes only the high beams would function. One rear taillight would burn out at the rate of once every two months. It was getting so much juice and running so hot that it actually melted the plastic cover. We're probably lucky nothing burst into flame. The speedometer stopped working (determined to be a non-mechanical issue). The gas gauge stopped working.

The only thing good about that car was the engine.

^-.-^
                          Ah, my earliest was a 94. Actually I have a 2006, a 2002 and a 95 in the drive right now. All are running just fine, though the 95 has the trim glue fail issue on the door trim [heat related, it sort of melts if the temperature in the summer gets up around 100 and then the trim sort of oozes down the door. ]
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

All are running just fine, though the 95 has the trim glue fail issue on the door trim [heat related, it sort of melts if the temperature in the summer gets up around 100 and then the trim sort of oozes down the door. ]
                            Well, from what I understand, the electrical issues were pretty much fixed right away, but other issues took longer. The trim problems were more that the bits and pieces that connected the trim to the body would break. Nothing quite so simple as glue that won't hold up in high heat.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Well, from what I understand, the electrical issues were pretty much fixed right away, but other issues took longer. The trim problems were more that the bits and pieces that connected the trim to the body would break. Nothing quite so simple as glue that won't hold up in high heat.

^-.-^
                              Have to ask hubby, but on the strip that was sliding off, I didn't see any clips, or spots to insert clips Nonetheless, gorilla glue of some sort fixed it just fine

Comment

There is supposedly some sort of electrical issue with VW Jettas, but I have had jettas for about 14 years, and never had electrical problems with any of them.
                                The MKIV Jettas (99.5 - 2005) had an interesting array of issues ranging from electrical to the stupid. On my 99, I had a problem where the windows switches on the driver door would mysteriously stop working and I wouldn't be able to roll the windows down (but they would roll up). The big issue I had with it was the plastic water pump impeller imploding and emptying the contents of the cooling system onto the timing belt (stretching it). There were alot of interesting design choices made on that vehicle that they caught a lot of crap for.

Comment

Working...
                                X