Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't get much back, therefore you MUST have made a mistake!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tilly101 View Post
    :laughing:
    :rolls eyes:

EDIT - hot damn, my little emoticons apear to have stopped working! Now it just says what the face should be, rather than *showing* the actual face! Hmmm. Hopefully my emoticons come back to life soon, I love those little guys LOL
    When you type up the message, the smilie list is to the right of the message area, with [More] underneath. The most commonly used smilies are shown, and you can just click on one rather than typing the whole word out.

If you want to use one that isn't shown, click on [More] and it'll open a new window. Click on the one you want, that'll put it in your message (be careful, if the cursor isn't where you want your smilie to go, it may put it back at the beginning of the message).

It's also good to put a space between smilies, to prevent what fireheart demonstrated.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
      Your customers are definitely sucky about it. Now, if the notes said they called yesterday and were quoted x rebate but got paid less then they could complain. But from your other posts they can't seem to remember that correctly either.
      Yep, the ones I post are always the same. They never once call to check what they will get back, they just go and swipe their card and for whatever reason, assume it is going to be 100% covered, regardless of what it is they are getting done.
      Then they call in and either yell and rant; act rude and sarcastic [such as those demontrated in this thread ], or they flat our lie [also like this thread, the guy who said he got the exact same back on dental yrs before had never once claimed on dental when we checked ]

Comment

My mom just got ordered a new set of glasses (2 pairs + a third set of lenses so she won't be doing her bed time reading wearing bifocals any more. (her optometrist and I and I'm sure you guys all had the same reaction, namely 'how the hell did you do that?!?' (I wonder how many nested brackets I can go? :P ) ). Anyways she was a little puzzled at how little she got back from insurance, compared ot the last time she got glasses... until she remembered that last time she got glasses, both she and dad had coverage through both of their works; now they only have mom's work coverage since it was a better deal or some other reason that makes sense to them.

By the way, to the OP, nice stories, and you've got a nice writing style that reminds me a little of "Dave"'s posts (aka Vacation_Rentals_Suck. ). Try and keep your humour up against the unending hoards of idiocy that the phones bring.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          What a bunch of idiots. And the physiotherapy one...ONLY $50 from a $60 claim? So she got back all but $10? What the hell is she whining about then?
          I read that and thought the same thing. Based on what the person actually said and what the OP had posted, it could have been that there may have been 5 psychotherapy sessions at $60 each, and the person only got back $50 from all of them.

5 x $60 = $300 - $50 = $250

If the person really WAS getting each psychotherapy session at $10, then she doesn't have any right to bitch at all.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Fratching is arguing, stating contentious opinions, political statements, etc. It is best done at our companion website, Fratching.com.

As for getting $50 back on a $60 medical bill, where do I sign up? (I know, you're not in the US.) Since Mrs. IA's doctors do not participate in Medicare, we get about 10-12% back on her main doctor bills. (Of course, those who do participate have most everything covered.) I have a few more years before I am forced into qualify for Medicare, but at the moment my doctors do take it.
            Tell me about it, I do aqua PT which is an hour in a full sized pool with the trainer which is $240 an hour, and I get to pay an $80 copay...and I am limited to 18 per year with an appointment in office at the beginning of and end of the whole bunch of them for charting my progress. "Sports medicine" is expensive. I also have a copay for the MRI I get before and after as well. I would have to check, but pain meds run me just over a thousand a year unless I have a particularly bad year. [and those jackasses just raised the price of colchicine by making generic unavailable for the next few years so they system has to give me colchrys at somewhere around $4 per pill, the co pay on 3 months is significantly higher than it was when it was .04 per pill.]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I feel for you Tilly. We actually have pretty good coverage, but I ALWAYS have the (dentist, optometrist, etc.) do a "dry run" which is apparently fairly easy. They submit the claim in such a way that it isn't actually going through, but tells exactly what will be covered and what won't. Why WOULDN'T someone do this?
              Never mind: SC's.

As for the 'fratching' issue, I think Kristev meant that HE has opinions on either the insurance industry or medical care in general (and don't we all?!) that may spark debate away from the points of your thread. He wasn't saying that your perfectly ok venting was misplaced. So no worries.

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                SC - So you're telling me that I only get $50 back out of my $60 phyisiotherapy sessions?
                Quoth emax4 View Post
                I read that and thought the same thing. Based on what the person actually said and what the OP had posted, it could have been that there may have been 5 psychotherapy sessions at $60 each, and the person only got back $50 from all of them.
                This typo says a lot of what we think about customers!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                  By the way, to the OP, nice stories, and you've got a nice writing style that reminds me a little of "Dave"'s posts (aka Vacation_Rentals_Suck. ). Try and keep your humour up against the unending hoards of idiocy that the phones bring.
                  Dave is a legend
                  Thanks for the kind words - at the end of the day, trying to keep a little humour in everythng in the only way I can get through a whole day of speaking to the moron customers that I get haha
                  Still making an art though out of treading that oh so fine line when speaking to customers to make sure sure that I still get to throw in a hint of passive agressive-ness to keep myself sane, but without trippig over that line so that i get in trouble for what I say LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X