Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the really good fakes we've had coming through have passed the pen. Which is why I don't rely solely on the pen. And why I made the comment to SM to check the $100 to the light.
    It's texture was close but not perfect and the watermarks were similar but off. Off enough to make me suspicious. Even the color changing ink on the '100' was off. Other then not changing colors in the light it was just the wrong shade of green. It was too teal.
    It helps that I studied the ones my former coworker took previously so as not to fall for them myself.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      Oh I do. And I get sooo many comments about how 'oh it better not be fake I got it from the bank!' *growls* Dumb customers.
      Not to be cynical, but shows what they know.

Anyhoo, I feel your pain. :hugs:
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks

Not to be cynical, but shows what they know.

Anyhoo, I feel your pain. :hugs:
        Oh, shit. I'm about as cynical as they come. Lol.

There's a reason I'm a misanthrope. :hugs:
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          Oh I do. And I get sooo many comments about how 'oh it better not be fake I got it from the bank!' *growls* Dumb customers.
          I got this just tonight. A woman came in and put $500 into one of those Green Dot cards. Of course I was VERY careful in marking and holding the bills (four $100's and 3 $50's) up to the light, etc. She made the remark about them coming from the bank. I flat out told her "Yeah, and believe it or not the bank won't do anything for you if they are fake." I know this to be true because one of my semi-regular customers had it happen to him. Getting bills from the bank is not (though it should be) always a guarantee of realness!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            I got this just tonight. A woman came in and put $500 into one of those Green Dot cards. Of course I was VERY careful in marking and holding the bills (four $100's and 3 $50's) up to the light, etc. She made the remark about them coming from the bank. I flat out told her "Yeah, and believe it or not the bank won't do anything for you if they are fake." I know this to be true because one of my semi-regular customers had it happen to him. Getting bills from the bank is not (though it should be) always a guarantee of realness!
            Which is why I check my bills in front of the bank teller before I leave the counter. Catch a bill that's suspect before you leave the counter and they have to replace it if it is fake.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

If I am dealing with a large gift card transaction with either $100's or $50's I automatically call a manager to approve the bills. I will do it with $20's if the bills do not look right too. We are technically supposed to call for a manager approval for $50's or $100's but the managers prefer we do not do unless there seems to be an issue with the bills. We do not have the pens to check bills at my work.

Comment

Working...
              X