This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth notlovinit View Post
    That's so strange. Except for the oatmeal (we didnt have last year) those are the exact items we had the pieces on last year plus hash browns. Maybe what we have this year will be what you have next year?

That's interesting I love the hash browns so that would be awesome for me. On the other hand, it would cause me to buy a ton of them o_O If we get them on iced coffee, I'd be there every day. That's a scary thought actually

Comment

McDonalds hash browns are so yummy. ^^

I used to play the Monopoly game with my housemate when it was out. (we try to eat less there now, spare tyre and all that...) We diligently kept our game boards on us, and we began to notice a pattern that two/one (for brown and navy) of the pieces were common and easy to get, but that elusive last piece was nowhere to be found ever.

I also remember that someone anonymously sent...I think it was Great Ormond Street Hospital? an envelope containing the rare Mayfair piece, essentially being a donation of all that prize money. I recall the papers loved the altruism and UK McD corporate liked it too, enough to waive the 'non-transferable' rule and allow GOSH to claim the prize.
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

The closest thing I did to being an SC with my Monopoly stamps, as I love to play every year, was to use a couple of the ones that give you a free breakfast sandwhich that can't be a McMuffin. So what did I do? Asked them what the options it could be used for were.

And we found something in the options that I could accept: A McGriddle sandwhich with eggs instead of sausage (hurts my stomach.)

But I do have to admit, I hated watching the dumbbunnies in the lines who expected that everything came with stamps. (No it doesn't, only the medium drink, the Big Mac, and the large fries. If you didn't order those things, you don't get stamps.) So those were the things I ordered. At least, as long as I still had some money.
        Last edited by Kristev; 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I used to eat the hash browns (about the only thing on the breakfast menu I'd go near at the time) for the game piece, but they changed the oil they use and now they're just greasy and nasty and if they cool down even the slightest bit, they're just disgusting.

But, now they have McGriddles, so I buy one of those, instead.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I usually only keep the pieces that won food or an item, and toss the others. I won a mcflurry, a couple of QPCs and the snapfish thing.

I went to McD's the other day, because I was starving and had NO money whatsoever, with my two QPC pieces...and shock of shocks, I actually ASKED the woman at the drive-thru if it was all right to redeem more than one piece at a time. She said I could redeem two in one visit, and I got my QPC goodness
            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

These customers seem to think that McDonald's is still running their contests like the famous 1984 Olympic tie-in event. For those who don't remember or haven't heard about this, McD's came up with this brilliant idea for a give away: Customers would get game pieces that they would scratch off and reveal the name of Olympic events. If the U.S. team won a medal in that event, then the game piece could be redeemed for a food item. Which exact food item was handed out depended on the which medal was won. Unfortunately, McDonald's got hit by a double-whammy...

First, they didn't limit the number of pieces a person could get from food items, and it didn't matter if they bought or won said items.

Second, this was the year that the Soviet Union decided to boycott the Olympics. Since these were the chief rivals for the U.S., Team U.S.A. was winning medals left, right, and center.

Needless to say, restaurants were forced to shell out large amounts of free food, and management was crying at their desks. I, for one, was attending a local science fiction convention with friends, and we only had to pay for our meals once during the weekend, thanks to this promotion!

After this, McD's put into place many of the rules that we see today: Limiting the number of game pieces one can obtain, having to write in for free game pieces, having to redeem winning pieces on a future visit, etc.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
                *nods* It's definitely different. I looked up the items earlier and was sad that the US had more options XD But, what else is new? haha
                But you guys have the bacon mcmuffin...

Comment

PatchO'Black - I learnt about that from the Simpsons, when KrustyBurger did something similar...holy moley, I didn't think that was real, I thought it was only an exaggeration!!
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

My little brother still has nightmares about the Spiderman scratch games at BoogerKing.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                      If you're talking about a bacon, egg, and cheese mcmuffin, we can make those.. it's not on the menu, but we can substitute .. just ask the cashier.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
                        As some of you know, around this time of year McDs does the Monopoly game, which gives legions of stupid customers the thought that they might win a million dollars.
                        I haven't the foggiest idea what you mean.

Although the one here in town likes me, so I know I'm not that sucky about it. Alas I only ever get one blue piece ever and I can never get someone to go havsies with me if they find the other one.

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                          These customers seem to think that McDonald's is still running their contests like the famous 1984 Olympic tie-in event. For those who don't remember or haven't heard about this, McD's came up with this brilliant idea for a give away: Customers would get game pieces that they would scratch off and reveal the name of Olympic events. If the U.S. team won a medal in that event, then the game piece could be redeemed for a food item. Which exact food item was handed out depended on the which medal was won. Unfortunately, McDonald's got hit by a double-whammy...

First, they didn't limit the number of pieces a person could get from food items, and it didn't matter if they bought or won said items.

Second, this was the year that the Soviet Union decided to boycott the Olympics. Since these were the chief rivals for the U.S., Team U.S.A. was winning medals left, right, and center.

Needless to say, restaurants were forced to shell out large amounts of free food, and management was crying at their desks. I, for one, was attending a local science fiction convention with friends, and we only had to pay for our meals once during the weekend, thanks to this promotion!

After this, McD's put into place many of the rules that we see today: Limiting the number of game pieces one can obtain, having to write in for free game pieces, having to redeem winning pieces on a future visit, etc.
                          "You people are pigs! I, personally, am going to spit in every fiftieth burger!"
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            "You people are pigs! I, personally, am going to spit in every fiftieth burger!"
                            I like those odds!
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                              haha, yeah XD I suppose so, but I was referring to the foods that have the game pieces lol

Comment

Actually, I have a question. Hope that's okay.

I went today to redeem my free food items and when I gave it to the girl, she said they weren't good because I stuck them on a paper (I always stick them on my board so I don't lose them). My response was that they're stickers o_O to which she said that it doesn't matter because the green backing is supposed to be on. She even showed me her small pile in front of her that had backings to show she was right. Whenever I've been in this year, and past, during the event I've seen cashiers sticking the pieces on their own blocks of paper (since I know they have zero time to remove the backing themselves) - which means they got them like that. Her reasoning was that no backing = used.

So I asked her if this was in the rules since I've never had any issues in the past and she said yes. I asked her if I went home and read the board, it'd be in there? She looked at me for a bit and said, yes she thought so and said she'll accept them this time. As if she was now doing me a favor. Huh?

Is this something new or actually part of the rules that I never knew about or was she just tired of giving free food on the second last day of the promo? I did read the board and visit the site, but I didn't notice anything. I could also just be skipping over it knowing me.

Comment

Working...
                                X