Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I work an opening shift I have to be at the bus stop no later then 6:25 and as an non morning person I have several alarms on my phone. The first two go off at 5:40 and 5:45. And I'm usually conscious enough by the second alarm to get up. Sometimes though I'll roll over and a few minutes later think 'Why hasn't my alarm gone off?' and check the time and get up. If I sleep through both of those I have one at 6:00. But by then I'm usually dressed and have got to the bathroom. I have a final alarm at 6:10 an it's saved my ass more then a few mornings. The sound is an iPhone default and annoying as hell. So I have to be pretty much dead to the world to sleep through them.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

When I first got my tablet computer I nerded it up a bit by setting the alarm sound to "Star Trek Red Alert." I promptly forgot I did so.

The first time it went off, Mr. Skeen shot out of bed with a screech that went something like "HOLY HELL what is that?!", to which he swears I replied, "Either lumpy-forehead aliens or a spacial anomaly. Wake me when you find out which." And then I rolled over and went back to deeper sleep. I don't remember any of this, but he made me change the alarm back to a normal tone.

Comment

UGH, I remember this happening so much when I was still in hotels. It got to the point where when I checked them in, I asked if they wanted a wakeupcall. I even wrote it in their account. I then double checked the printout against my wakeupcall list.

I still got people screaming the next morning that they never got it.

Comment

It's a shame that some hotels haven't installed the pneumatic bed alarm clock. Check it out:

http://hackaday.com/2009/06/26/pneum...d-alarm-clock/

Comment

This happened quite a bit when I worked audit. Someone would come down to the desk all irate because we did not set their wakeup call. After we got the printout of the phone report that showed that they had either never answered the call (the system rings the room 3 times) or they picked up the phone and hung it back up. Kind of takes the wind out of their sales when they realize this.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              My droid phone is our alarm clock. This is the alarm. Rob is up and out of bed, feet on the floor before I can turn it off every time. Got to love 20 years of respondent conditioning
              My current one is the clock radio at full volume.

Back when I lived in NY my parents came to visit and wanted to catch the yankees game so they turned the radio to the sports station. I ended up leaving it there because I hated the channel...

what a way to guarantee waking up... having to listen to a radio station you dislike.

My favorite alarm was my old japanese phone. I'd have to power it up before playing the song but... it sounded like something out of final fantasy. and it vibrated. and went off every 5 minutes unless I turned it off... so even if I rolled over on top of it (which i did when I was on ships sometimes) i'd eventually notice it and wake up.

although your ringtone does remind me of what i'm currently using on my cell for messages... muahahahah ... except that i tweaked it on garage band to boost the volume first...

Comment

Quoth Skeen View Post
                When I first got my tablet computer I nerded it up a bit by setting the alarm sound to "Star Trek Red Alert.".
                This reminds me when I came back from the military. My mom was putzing with her cell phone outside my door one morning and accidentally set her alarm to 'Reveille.' I was up, out of bed and standing at attention outside the door before I realized what I'd done!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  This reminds me when I came back from the military. My mom was putzing with her cell phone outside my door one morning and accidentally set her alarm to 'Reveille.' I was up, out of bed and standing at attention outside the door before I realized what I'd done!
                  BG-My dad did 30 years in the army /BG

There was a YMCA camp on Silver Lake just down the shore a tiny piece from our cottage. They played reveille every morning at 6 am.

Even in retirement in the summer he couldn't escape it ...
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

i use 2 alarms each morning. first one is my mobile phone set on the other side of the room.

the second one is my alarm clock. its set at full volume and just off the chanel so the sound isnt very good. its on the oposite bed side table so i usually have to lean over a sleeping cat who does NOT like being woken up.

when i stay at a hotel i usually set the alarm clock plus my own mobile. never trusted the complimentary wake up call completely since the time i figured out the one time it never worked was because the person in the room before me turned the phone ringer down to nothing

Comment

I also sleep like the dead. My alarm is set on my computer. I can roll over, grab the computer, open it up, input the password, turn the alarm off, and go right back to sleep.

Conversely, if you WHISPER my name outside my room, it seems, I will wake up instantly.
                      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                        Conversely, if you WHISPER my name outside my room, it seems, I will wake up instantly.
                        My boyfriend is a very sound sleeper. But if I want him to wake up for me, I start whispering at him. I don't know what it is about whispering his name that breaks through when shouting won't.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          My boyfriend is a very sound sleeper. But if I want him to wake up for me, I start whispering at him. I don't know what it is about whispering his name that breaks through when shouting won't.

^-.-^
                          It's the sudden lack of blood in the upper brain.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                          X