This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn dog and Honey badgers (long)

Ok, the title refers to a myth that LSU fans smell like corn dogs and there is a player for LSU called The Honey Badger.. When I thought up the title to this story, I had no idea what either term was referring to.

Ok, a bit of background.. I am a delivery driver for Johnny Jim's. I am also 22 weeks pregnant, missing muscle from my right thigh and mostly deaf in my right ear.. The store plays music pretty loudly. It's also a big college football game and my store is 2 blocks from the football stadium.

Friday Night:

I try to go in at 10 pm, didn't happen that way, I left my home that is a normal 10 minute drive from the store at 9:30, I didn't get to the store until 10:30. Traffic was worse than the normal Friday before a home game traffic, a lot more people, a lot more hectic. I kept getting offered money to play taxi to drunk fans trying to get home or to their hotel.. My car is a mess, I have no room to do it and I was quite tempted to do it with the money they were flashing at me. I work from 10 pm to close- We close at 4 am.. So around 4:30 after a delivery, I get back thinking that I'm done for the night.. I find people still in the store ordering, phone people still taking deliveries and no indication that I will be able to leave eventhough I have top be back at open tomorrow. When I questioned why we were open, I was told that we weren't really closing. I was exhuasted, I wanted sleep and I went to my car for a 1/2 hours to avoid having a mental meltdown in the store. After I cooled down, I went in and this one shift manager asked me if I was done, I told her I was if she wanted me to come back at opening. I didn't get much sleep at all, maybe an hour.

Saturday:

I woke up after that very short nap, I was so tired that I cried in the bathtub. I was very grumpy, very impatient and was not at all in the mood for the football fans and their having no life outside of a college football team. The fans ignore perfectly good side walks and walk right down the middle of the road, I refuse to completely stop for these idiots, I do just go along with my foot on neither pedal. As I was passing a group of fans, one of them beat on my car.. I threw it in park, got out and yelled to him "You touch my car again, and I'll put my foot up your ass!" he turned around and puffed up and came at me spewing nonsense. I snapped, I grabbed him, bent him over the trunk of my car and was really going to shove my foot up his ass. A cop broke us up and luckily did not arrest me, although if he had showed up later when I was actually attempted to shove my foot in that guys ass, I would've probably gotten arrested.

Our store which normally has 2 make lines, now has 4, 2 were borrowed, we had GM's from 6 different stores plus one of the owners. One of the GM's Hillary, she.. Well I'm not going to say the term that I thought of her, it might offend people.. But she just seemed like a dried up old hag (She has to be my age or younger) She just seemed to hate me! And I don't know what the Hell I did to her. It was like pulling teeth to get her to take the bring backs off my report, she'd grill the Hell out of me over it.

I witnessed 7 fights, was knocked down by one (I thought they were a safe enough distance away) The guy that was thrown into me got up and gloated over me, so I cock punched him, brought him to his knees. When the guy he was fighting acting like he was going to beat up a pregnant woman, I pulled up my shirt to show the 9 mm pistol I keep with me. They backed up. My customers found it funny when I'd go to their doors with a fight behind me and they'd look on with horror and I'd keep a deadpan face and just say "Oh, there's a fight in your yard.".

Around 6, I was getting very hungry, I told the GM of my store that was routing deliveries that when I got back, I needed to eat. He just gave me a whatever hand wave. I needed to eat, it had been 14 hours since I had eaten. I got back and checked back in from deliveries, Dried Up Hag was routing and was about to assign more runs to me when I told her I needed to eat. No it's policy that for every 8 hours you work, you get a meal. I told her I just wanted a drink and a cookie, because I wanted some Bar-B-Que nachos from next door.. That bitch charged me! Even after I told her I had worked 8 hours. I tell you, I took my sweet ass time eating, I was still on the clock for me break.

I had a triple to a bar across the street and was informed that one person who ordered was kicked out of the bar, so I sold the sandwiches to others, the order had chips and drinks which I returned to the store and informed Dried Up Hag that I sold the sandwiches and to please take the chips and drinks off.. She wanted to see the chip bags, which I had returned to the chip box.. I had to pay for those chips and drinks ( I did get stuff of equal value before I left worj this morning.. Charge me for crap I returned will ya).

The game let out, it took me an hour to go 10 blocks and I was informed by the police that I could not turn left to go back to the store, so I figured I'd go to my old store that is off Cmapus and chill out untill the road blocks were removed.

I got back to the store 3 overs after I left the the deliveries and was given my very first dectuple, I had that dreaded sinking feeling in my stomach the whole time that I was going to get chewed out over how late they were, they were an hour old when I left the store.. To my surprise I not only did not get chewed out but tipped pretty well.

Ok, there is a lot more to this day, but I am finally winding down.. I will say this, I disputed a couple of bring backs that were not removed from my report. I was told that unless I could produce the food, I could not have them removed.. I handed them all to Dried Up Hag. I was told that I could call the customers up and if they said they never recieved or paid for the food, I could get it removed that way.. It's 4 am, drunk kids are passed out by now. I was told to talk to Dan, the Big GM. I went to him and loudly (On the verge of a nervous break down) said that if I could get these assholes who did not get their food to call back and say that they didn't if I could get the money that I would have to pay for the food back, I was really loud (Not on purpose, I am mostly deaf and the music was very loud) He shushed me and I burst into tears. Dan himself took those bring backs off my report.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
    ... I'd keep a deadpan face and just say "Oh, there's a fight in your yard."...
    Have you kippled recently?

"
    The Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride
    And SHOUTS to scare the monster, and turn the beast aside
    The female thus accosted, rends the peasant tooth and nail
    .... For the frmale of the species is more deadly than the male.
    "
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pregnant and armed ... uh yeah, no one should even THINK of messing with you. You're more dangerous than sharks riding velociraptors.

Comment

I would say something about how much you (and the assholes trying to fight you) are endangering your unborn child but you know that already. Instead, I will say that you are the last JJ's driver I would ever piss off. May you get plenty of rest soon!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Honey badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

But damn! I'm glad to hear you're safe, but this sort of thing would piss me off too. Nothing like alpha males beating each over up to prove that they're rooting for the better team.
          Last edited by Mr Hero; 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Given the way the game in question went, they were probably beating each other up over which team was less bad. ><
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A month or so ago the couple that are adopting the baby offered to pay me more than what I make at JJ's because they worried about me and the baby. I initially turned them down, I didn't want them to think I was trying to take advantage of them, or that I was just having this kid for money. They offered the money after visiting me at work and saw the protective pose I took when I walked around the store (so many elbows, all aimed at my belly) , and they asked about the gun I carried while on the job and that worried them more.

After Saturday, I decided to take em up on the offer and turned in my temporary 2 weeks notice today.

Note: I have never been robbed.. I carry the gun as a preventative.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

As I was passing a group of fans, one of them beat on my car.. I threw it in park, got out and yelled to him "You touch my car again, and I'll put my foot up your ass!" he turned around and puffed up and came at me spewing nonsense. I snapped, I grabbed him, bent him over the trunk of my car and was really going to shove my foot up his ass.
                ^this makes you my hero.

as for them charging you for all that crap, is that even legal?? you have no control over people sending crap back adn if you've turned in stuff, then the company has it, charging you for it seems like...punishment? them doing nothing about you getting hit when pregnant or allowing you to have breaks/eat/get proper rest between shifts? that should be reported to the labor board. lots of questionable/ethical/professional issues there.

glad you're free of that disaster.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Unbe-fricken-lievable

I would like to echo the above posts and say that:

a) Your bosses were incredible pricks
                  b) Your customers were incredible pricks
                  c) I cannot think of a more hostile environment to be pregnant in
                  d) If I were in your position, I would have shot some folk by now.
                  There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth Nemesis44UK View Post
                    Unbe-fricken-lievable

I would like to echo the above posts and say that:

a) Your bosses were incredible pricks
                    b) Your customers were incredible pricks
                    c) I cannot think of a more hostile environment to be pregnant in
                    d) If I were in your position, I would have shot some folk by now.
                    Quoted for truth. I think you've been doing awesomely, but I have to say I did breathe a huge sigh of relief when you said you'd taken up the offer & turned in your notice. What a horrible place to work in & thank $diety you don't have to anymore!
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      ^this makes you my hero.

as for them charging you for all that crap, is that even legal?? you have no control over people sending crap back adn if you've turned in stuff, then the company has it, charging you for it seems like...punishment? them doing nothing about you getting hit when pregnant or allowing you to have breaks/eat/get proper rest between shifts? that should be reported to the labor board. lots of questionable/ethical/professional issues there.

glad you're free of that disaster.
                      The charging for items...Yeah, 'tis most likely legal. She'd left the store with food for the order, and they did not see her return the food (Because, you know, she did her JOB and put it back), so they can say she never brough the food back, and just pocketed the money.

I know when I worked pizza delivery, we were allowed to sell unneeded pizzas as drivers, and pay the store what they'd charge...Since we'd wander to the bar next door, and sell it by the slice, we'd make a bit, and the store would get their money (Drivers couldn't make pizzas, and they had good records of orders in any case, so making a pizza 'by accident' just to sell wasn't happening)

Edited to add: I'd have been tempted to bring the food directly to that manager, have her sign off on it's return, and THEN return it to where it belongs...Or more likely, put in the trash, because it'd been out too long
                      Last edited by Evandril; 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

As I was passing a group of fans, one of them beat on my car.. I threw it in park, got out and yelled to him "You touch my car again, and I'll put my foot up your ass!" he turned around and puffed up and came at me spewing nonsense. I snapped, I grabbed him, bent him over the trunk of my car and was really going to shove my foot up his ass.
                        ^this makes you my hero.
                        Yes. Agreed. Definintely; that's awesome.

I also just wanted to say that I'm glad you were able to get out of that job. Those are some utterly ridiculous working conditions---pregnant or not. Take care of yourself and the baby and hopefully you won't feel the need to carry the gun around after this. Sheesh, that's a messed up day.

Please, by all means, take a cookie. Have a few because you've earned 'em.
                        If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                        X