X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Royal Loyal Customer

Dear Mrs. Royal Loyal Customer,

Or should I say "Your Majesty". There was absolutely no need for you to spell your entire name out to me like I'm some idiot. Yes, I see the notes from when you called in and spoke to another department demanding that your bill be reduced by $10 a month. This offer you speak of, I don't show it anywhere on my database and the notes the previous agents put in didn't specify details on the offer. Just because I don't know about that offer doesn't mean I'm new to the company. I'm in technical support, stupid! You may be a "loyal" customer but you're a royal pain in the ass!

Sincerely,

Me
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

One of the happy things when I got promoted to escalations here is that I can go back and listen to calls to verify exactly what was told to a customer. If I think it was a simple misunderstanding I'll give them a movie channel for a few months to ease their pain, if they hit SC or EW mode they get told flat out "I listened to the call, you were never told that. Anything else? No? Goodbye" or "I listened to the call, you were told that, I've adjusted it. No, you get nothing else, I don't care how much you make at your regular job as a surgeon lawyer to Bill Gates. Toodles."

Comment

It's the ones who say 'I'm a surgeon lawyer to Bill Gates' or in some other way indicate that they get a fantastic income who really, REALLY piss me off.

They're GETTING tons of money. If they want ExpensiveThingX or even CheapThingX, they can afford it!

It's people like me, on legitimate disability, or people like far too many of you, working hard for minimum wage or barely over, who should be getting discounts on NecessityX or VeryMinorLuxuryX.

The high-income people don't need the discounts. If they're under money stress, they should be using their nominally high intellects to examine their budgets and lifestyles. Maybe, just maybe, they could live without a mansion in Toorak*.

* Toorak is one of the highest-prestige, highest-priced suburbs in Australia.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        It's the ones who say 'I'm a surgeon lawyer to Bill Gates' or in some other way indicate that they get a fantastic income who really, REALLY piss me off.

They're GETTING tons of money. If they want ExpensiveThingX or even CheapThingX, they can afford it!
        I'm not going to disagree with anything you said, Seshat, but I think the "I'm Wealthy!" folks are the type who-- when confronted with the fact that they can afford LuxuryItemX at full price-- will respond, "I didn't get to be rich by paying full price!"

And the sad thing is, they may have a point.

Doesn't mean it's right. But it's how the world works. :sigh:
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Kinda sounds like the Mak'tar chant of strength.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            I'm not going to disagree with anything you said, Seshat, but I think the "I'm Wealthy!" folks are the type who-- when confronted with the fact that they can afford LuxuryItemX at full price-- will respond, "I didn't get to be rich by paying full price!"

I was actually thinking the same thing. On the flip side, though, stores such as the one I take calls for don't make their money by trying to outdo their competitors or offering things like free shipping, buy one get one free, etc. When the recession hit, the competition cut prices - our store didn't. They figured a good portion of their clientele wouldn't be much affected by the economic downturn, and they were apparently correct. Just like everyone other group of people, some people with money are not sucky, and some are.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Sounds more like a dinosaur hunter than a suburb.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Sounds more like a dinosaur hunter than a suburb.
                So does Tiburon...which is either part of or just next to Sausalito, California (which in turn is just north of San Francisco)...and which I learned when I was out that way a few months ago is the most expensive place to live in the entire United States.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Indeed. The cheapest people I know are the wealthiest.
                  "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Working...
                  X