Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to work overtime on my shift, which isn't too bad because the time and a half pay got me an extra $30 for my check that day for the 2 extra hours I worked. But as a "cart attendant", it was f***ing busy in the parking lot constantly. Cart bays inside the store that had been full 7 to 8 minutes earlier were actually running on empty by then, and the bays are HUGE!!! Corrals that I had just emptied 5 minutes earlier were already crammed full of carts, some of which were beginning to drift into the parked cars on each side!
    One of the cart-pushers that was scheduled to come in during the afternoon never arrived cause he called in sick. It was just me and another guy who had clocked in at 9:30. I was scheduled 7 to 3, but decided to stick around until 5. This made the other cart-pusher very happy because no one else was scheduled to show up until 6 and I'd hate to leave him by himself for 3 HOURS in that mess. My supervisors knew how busy it was, and they welcomed my presence for the extra 2 hours so the parking lot could have some semblance of control outside and they won't have to pull off cashiers from an already-understaffed front end to help push in carts.
    So my entire day on "Black Wednesday" was mostly just "damage control." If I could get through that day with an understaffed crew with good morale and a big grin on my face after a backbreaking 10-hour shift, then I can certainly handle an 8-hour shift on Black Friday, especially when it starts slowing down in the parking lot by 7 in the morning so all I have to do is push in stragglers and give my supervisors some peace of mind just by letting them know that I'm COCKED, LOCKED, and ready to ROCK at 4 in the morning!
    Give me your worst, Black Friday! I worked through worse on Wednesday and I'm ready for it!

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      I ring his items up. He had some ice cream and some cologne. I put them both in the same bag since they were both small.
      Didn't you know that when you put the cologne in the same bag with the ice cream, the ice cream will chill the cologne, making it very cold? And cold cologne doesn't stink as much.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
        I worked the morning shift today and wound up with 27 suggestive sells.

Good luck hope you break 40 tonight.
        I by the way my co worker (the one that usually out sells me) sold 38 on Wednesday... I sold 49 on the other hand and was second in the district.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
        He complained for that? DW, and the store manager took his side?

あいつはマジでクソやろーだね。
        I don't know what that says... but I'm gonna guess it's not nice at all. :P

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Didn't you know that when you put the cologne in the same bag with the ice cream, the ice cream will chill the cologne, making it very cold? And cold cologne doesn't stink as much.
        This is great. I needed that laugh.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
        X