This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC does us a favour

I attempted a post on this whiny woman last week. But you know those times where you are halfway through typing a post, and you suddenly feel exhausted through re-living the nightmare? Well I felt like that and decided not to complete it. However, it has been brought out of development hell thanks to a little bit of karma.
    The SC from this story came into the pub a week ago. She arrived with her silent husband and whiny three children. She literally started complaining as soon as she got through the door.

SC: It’s even colder in here than it is outside! BRRRRRR!!

She dramatically folded her arms and pulled her head into her coat in an attempt to look cold. It was perfectly comfortable in the pub, but we decided we might have to nip it in the bud before she got any more dramatic and turned up the heat slightly.

She reached her table.

SC: Excuuuuuuuse me? Can someone wipe down my table??? There is a MARK on it!

I went over with a cloth. The mark in question was part of the pattern on the wood. She didn’t want to accept this, and dramatically moved to another table.

SC: I want bread!
    Me: Of course. But the bread does not come free, you have to pay for it.
    SC: Whaaaaat? How much??
    Me: Each portion is .xxp and you get two slices.
    SC: Fine, I will have two portions!
    Me: If you would just make your way up to the bar and order-
    SC: For bread?!?
    Me: Fine, I will take your money here then.

I got her two portions of bread: i.e four slices.

SC: Can’t you count?!?
    Me: I’m sorry?
    SC: There are FIVE of us and you have brought us FOUR pieces of bread!
    Me: You only said you wanted two portions. I did tell you how much was in a portion.
    SC: You know what, forget it. Just FORGET IT.

I walked away. Boss came over.

Boss: Just give her the extra slice of bread. Just so we can get them to order quickly and get them out of here. I can’t be bothered for the moment when she demands to see the manager.

I made a co-worker drop the bread off, as I couldn’t bear the thought of her having a smug look on her face.

Her complaints continued as she tried to order

SC: Your menu is too complicated!
    SC: You don’t offer enough choice!
    SC: You are too expensive!
    SC: Your wine selection is terrible!
    SC: How much for a small glass?? That’s an outrageous price!

She was lucky because a very, very, VERY patient co-worker served her at the bar. If it had been me, I would have told her to get fucked after the first whiny comment.

She complained that there was no waiter to carry her drinks back to the table. She complained when we offered her a tray (apparently her carrying a tray was “degrading”). She complained about the temperature again. She complained about how long her meals were taking. She complained about the lighting. She complained about the decor. I. Am. Not. Kidding. It was very quiet in the pub, and I had to go and sit in the cellar to cool off because I seriously thought I was going to throw a plate full of food in her face.

Her food arrived. She complained about the presentation of the meals. She sent her plate back because it was dirty (no one could find this dirt she was talking about). She sent it back again because there was not enough tomato in her salad. She sent it back again because her steak was not cooked well enough. She never made a single complaint about her family’s food. Just her own. Boss was watching the whole thing, and kept saying “It’s OK, they’ll be gone soon, hold tight.” Through gritted teeth.

They finished their meals. She complained it took too long for their table to be cleared. She complained that CW didn’t attempt to sell them a dessert.

SC: I don’t want a dessert! But that’s not the point! It would have been nice to be asked!

CW didn’t ask her because she didn’t want to do anything that might keep this idiot in the building for much longer.

SC: It’s too warm in here!

Finally, it looked as though they were leaving. Suddenly, we saw her waving around her arms like a mad woman, swatting and slapping the air at something.

SC: There’s a fly in here!

Yep. There was a fly buzzing around the pub. We had no idea where the little guy came from. Must have come in through a door or window.

SC: That’s the final straw! This place is dirty and fly ridden! Goodness knows what their kitchen is like!

They headed for the doors. She stormed up to the bar.

SC: I will be calling Environmental Health and telling them to pay this dirty place a visit!

They left. We all sighed.

Flash forward to three days later.

A rather stern looking man is at the end of the bar with a clipboard and a nametag.

Environmental Health.

Yep. He was responding to a concerned customer who visited the pub a few days ago, and he wanted to do a check up. Everyone immediately started to panic. The pub is normally very, very clean, but what if something was missed? What if he found something no one noticed? It’s always really scary when they arrive (most of the time they do completely random checks). We watched as he combed over the entire pub, running his hands along banisters, checking for dust. He crawled under the beer pumps on the bar, and he made an entire sweep of the kitchen, pulling out everything as he went.

And what score did we get?

100%

We even got a framed certificate to put at the end of the bar. He said he couldn’t remember the last time he came across a pub that was so clean. He was very impressed.

We are hoping the SC returns, just so we can put the certificate down on her table and thank her.

Talk about a blessing in disguise! As much as I'm sorry you had to deal with that horrible SC, I hope she comes back to see your bright shiny certificate!

Comment

Did she get a comped meal or ask for one? I hope your manager has a spine and will not give in to her complaints, cuz nothing you do will make this lady happy. And I am willing to bet that she goes from place to place and does her little act again and again

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        Did she get a comped meal or ask for one? I hope your manager has a spine and will not give in to her complaints, cuz nothing you do will make this lady happy. And I am willing to bet that she goes from place to place and does her little act again and again
        Oh no. She never asked for a refund or anything. She just whined and moaned and whined and moaned and then whined some more!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          Oh no. She never asked for a refund or anything. She just whined and moaned and whined and moaned and then whined some more!
          Amazing how some people whine purely for the sake of whining. It's those types of people who I would very much like to feed to a family of starved honey badgers.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

firecat, even half starved ones would suffice. Seriously, CRML, was there ANYTHING (aside from her family's meals) that she didn't complain about? Wow. Her husband was probably silent because she bitched him into submission. Really. It would be perfect for you to be able to shove that award in her face! Just perfect!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Hah! That's pretty good getting 100% on your health inspection without even excpecting it I think your boss was spineless, but I guess he didn't have enough grounds to kick her out yet at that point, so... sigh.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

WTF! Some of her complaints seem to contradict others.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh, Yes I hope she comes back so you can rub that certificate in her stupid face!!!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What a stupid, rotten customer! I'd love to see the look on her face when she realizes the "dirty, fly-ridden bar" has gotten a 100% on an inspection!!!
                    "I don't want a dessert, but it would've been nice for someone to offer me one!" Are you freaking kidding me? THAT is the first time I've ever heard that before! I would've responded, "And I'd appreciate a much-nicer customer who doesn't complain at all!" Ha ha!

Comment

Are you sure there wasn't a hidden camera somewhere recording all this? What a twat. Too bad the fly didn't zip right into her mouth, since she apparently never shut it once while she was there.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

SC: I don’t want a dessert! But that’s not the point! It would have been nice to be asked!
                        I'll bet big bucks she would have acted all offended if she had been offered one.
                        Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
                          I'll bet big bucks she would have acted all offended if she had been offered one.
                          Agreed. She was just looking for excuses to be a bitch.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                            "I don't want a dessert, but it would've been nice for someone to offer me one!" Are you freaking kidding me? THAT is the first time I've ever heard that before!
                            What, don't you know that all customer service workers are required to have ESP? Not to mention the ability to produce things out of thin air, alter time, and other godlike abilities, and yet still be under the thumb of the customer.
                            Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                            I would've responded, "And I'd appreciate a much-nicer customer who doesn't complain at all!" Ha ha!
                            Don't know if losing the job would be worth it, but oh, the temptation to say such a thing...
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And what score did we get?

100%

We even got a framed certificate to put at the end of the bar. He said he couldn’t remember the last time he came across a pub that was so clean. He was very impressed.

We are hoping the SC returns, just so we can put the certificate down on her table and thank her.
                              This happened one time at the hotel where I worked. A guest complained about how terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad his room was, and about how utterly filthy the entire place was. He took his complaint to the county health department and we got an inspector coming out to take a look.

Our place had been inspected not long before, and when the inspector came out he ended up increasing our score. We would have gotten even more points had we not forgotten to bleach the ice machine.

We ended up writing a letter to the guest thanking him for our increased health score.
                              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
                              X