Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's weird how boundless this is, too. I'm too lazy to do the search, so I don't remember if it was here or another forum, where a woman with a straggling habit actually buttonholed the last employee to leave the store, in the parking lot, as said employee was getting into her car.

It was in this forum that I read multiple accounts of elderly women beating helplessly on the doors of long-closed businesses - once one that was actually out of business and had been for some time - in the hopes that sufficient pounding would summon a lackey.

I know customers have outsized senses of entitlement, but damn.

Comment

God I hate this !!!!!

We close at 10pm ... not 10:20 or whatever time you THINK we should close ... 10 PM!!!!!!!!

No it is not okay to waltz in at 9:59 and grab a shopping cart that you proceed to fill up. No it is not okay to demand we let you in for "just one thing, it's an EMERGENCY" and then buy a pregnancy test. (BTW, aren't you just as pregnant, or not, tomorrow as you are today?? No it is not okay to demand we let you in after the doors are locked and the lights are out because "It's CHRISTMAS (or Memorial Day, or Valentine's Day, or Kwanzza, whatever) ::eleventy:: " I would like to have the holiday too, Thank You Very Much.

Comment

I will be honest and say sometimes I am in my own world and do not notice a place is closed. I try to open the door, and it is locked, this causes me to look at the door..usually there is a sign with the times it is open. Even if not, I might try once more..because it takes a moment for my brain to register..but I never knock or demand to be let in..if the door does not open I go about my merry way.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

What makes me laugh is when we get people banging on the door after closing, flailing around and screaming that all they want is bread or milk... when they can clearly see, thru the transparent door, that we have no bread or milk left.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

My fondest memories of the gas station were after closing, all lights were off inside (save for a small lamp for me to do paperwork) and all doors were locked, and yet people would STILL pull up to a dark store and pull and pull on the door.

A few very brave and very, very stupid ones would see me in the window, and come up and bang on the window with a puzzled look on their face.

Really, I mean really....I never understood it at age 18-19, and I still don't understand now what people think they will accomplish banging on a window of a pitck black store.

And thanks to idiots like that, I needed a cop to stop by and wait for me to leave a few times because some people got upset and I didn't trust them, a few wouldn't leave right away, one person kept shoving money up towards the glass and when I shook my head, they threw cans of beer at the window.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's even funnier when they bang on the door, step back, scratch their heads then bang on the door again... as if it would have magically unlocked in between times.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

*Next time she's in*

Gee, there's not enough money in my drawer, can I give you your change tomorrow?
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Back at BoutiqueGrocery, we had automatic doors, which we turned off slightly before closing time, in the vain hopes that it people would be able to comprehend "door not move == you no come in". Sadly, this was not to be. As often as not, this resulted in "...== me need stand here til it does/look at people inside", or worse yet, "...== ram into door so to make open; me no care if this break door"...which it did, more than once x.x (automatic doors, afaik, are required to be capable of being forced open for emergencies. A bottle of cheap wine and some grapes at 2 minutes til close are NOT considered "emergency supplies"!). Also, we of course manually opened the door to let people OUT, thus, we invariably had at least one "I'll just be a minute" person every night who slipped in as we were letting someone else out. At a store where we were absolutely FORBIDDEN to tell people we were already closed, nor were we allowed to "hint" that we were; we had to wait until they left the aisle that they were on to start cleaning it *at all* or turning off its lights. Way to run labor, guys...Especially with the dude who ALWAYS came in at quarter til, KNEW when we closed, and stayed for an hour each time >_>
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

LOL. After reading your story, I like the title. Fits to a T. DD
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I had one tonight. We closed at 10 and yes I KNOW it's New Year's Eve!!!!!!!! A woman slid in the door just as we were closing, all panicked out of breath like it's a dire medical emergency (I work in a drugstore).

She ran wildly through the aisles, looking for whatever it was that she was looking for. Evidently she didn't find it, because she came back up the front and said (I kid you not) "Don't you have ANY New Year's Eve cards??"

Huh? THIS is your dire emergency????????????

Sheesh

Comment

Working...
                      X