Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imma blow up your office and beat you up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...that guy is a total moron who will soon be faciing a judge and explaining his suckery I do hope all steps are taken to ensure your safety, Tilly!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I really don't know what good people think will come of making terroristic threats. WTF do they expect you to say? "Oh please don't drop a bomb on us! We'll do whatever you say, just don't drop a bomb on us?" It's not quite so much like a robbery where you may have a gun in your face being wielded by a nut who would have no problem blowing your face off, but idle phone threats to bomb somewhere are just going to get your ass in a whole mess of trouble.

Ohh I look forward to an update. My guess is this moron is going to try the whole, "I was just joking! Can't you take a joke?" thing.

Comment

Vacation

Sounds like someone needs a Cuban vacation.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
          I really don't know what good people think will come of making terroristic threats.
          My thoughts as well. Do they REALLY think the employee on the phone will violate all company policies and rules to do whatever the caller demands just because the caller made the threat?

Then again, that assumes the caller is thinking...
          My guess is this moron is going to try the whole, "I was just joking! Can't you take a joke?" thing.
          In my field of work, I actually see defendants try to make that excuse far too often. So far, I only saw it work once - and that was because others who witnessed the threat testified that they also thought it was all part of a joke.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Ohh I look forward to an update. My guess is this moron is going to try the whole, "I was just joking! Can't you take a joke?" thing.
            My ex did that once. He thought it would be funny to call in a bomb threat to his place of work when he was off. He was a security guard at an oil refinery.

The guard on duty was not so amused when he said "Nah man, it's Joey I'm just messing with ya." My ex didn't get arrested, but he sure got his ass fired, and he was completely surprised by that. My ex is a sociopath; he could not understand why he would get in trouble when he said it was a joke.

Comment

You handled that better than I ever could. Nice one! I hope he gets what he deserves
              My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

My guess is this moron is going to try the whole, "I was just joking! Can't you take a joke?" thing.
                Quoth South Texan View Post
                In my field of work, I actually see defendants try to make that excuse far too often.
                Every bully everywhere uses the "it's a joke" defense when they get in trouble for the crap they dish out. People are finally starting to see it for the utter bullshit it is, and treating the bully appropriately. If the jerk in the OP pulls that, I hope the judge sees through it and gives him exactly what he deserves.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

tilly101, I have two words for you: Flawless victory.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

~~~ UPDATE ~~~

A small step towards what I HOPE is this guy getting what he deserves...
                    I've been off work since the day this all took place [yaaaaaay public holidays that I'm actually able to take off, oh how I love thee ]

Got an email this morning from my manager [she is the manager of our whole customer service division].

She tried to call this dickwad back a few hours after the call took place. She says he would answer and then hang up as soon as she said where she was calling from. Then he stopped answering the phone all together. She left a voicemail, no reply.

This morning she sent him an email politely informing him that due to a failure to reach him via phone to discuss the matter and his SERIOUS allegations further, the matter will now be taken out of her hands and referred onto police. And this is simply a courtesy email to notify him of the fact.

She says she got a reply to the email very quickly

And as we all guessed?

"Geez lady, I was just mucking around, can't you people take a joke?!"
                    "I can't believe you guys would be so petty, get a life!"
                    "Can't you guys take a joke? Pathetic! Wah wah wah!"

She will be speaking to police tomorrow and has the disc of the call and copy of his email reply ready to forward to them upon request.

The ironic thing?
                    She says that if he had of apologized and admitted fault upfront, she'd not have taken anything further [UGH - WHY do managers do this? Makes us look like doormats!! ]
                    But because he responded in this manner, he will likely be facing further action.

WILL KEEP YOU POSTED BEYOND THIS

Comment

I sure hope he gets his comeuppance. I'm going to be looking for further news
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Exactly..his apology would in no way excuse his actions..but I am just appalled that he didn't have the brains or deceny to try. He is actually blaming the company for something he done?

Comment

When I was reading your post, I was wondering why you didn't start to hang up on him after his first response with the 'scum' line, but now I'm sorta glad you didn't!

Really? Can't you guys take a joke? I sure hope he gets in real trouble with the police.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                            My ex did that once. He thought it would be funny to call in a bomb threat to his place of work when he was off. He was a security guard at an oil refinery.

The guard on duty was not so amused when he said "Nah man, it's Joey I'm just messing with ya." My ex didn't get arrested, but he sure got his ass fired, and he was completely surprised by that. My ex is a sociopath; he could not understand why he would get in trouble when he said it was a joke.
                            Reminds me of an episode of 'Airline' where a couple of businessmen 'joked' that they had a bomb inside their hand luggage - and were utterly amazed and outraged when they were promptly thrown off the flight.

"But it was a joke! We didn't mean it! Can't you people take a joke?"

Uh, no. Not when it involves an aeroplane and several hundred lives, no we can't.
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                              Reminds me of an episode of 'Airline' where a couple of businessmen 'joked' that they had a bomb inside their hand luggage - and were utterly amazed and outraged when they were promptly thrown off the flight.

"But it was a joke! We didn't mean it! Can't you people take a joke?"

Uh, no. Not when it involves an aeroplane and several hundred lives, no we can't.
                              At SFO coming back from my sister's family last Christmas time, the TSA screener asked if I had any, and I quote "knifes, bombs or guns on my person. I replied that those items would be in my jacket (already going through the scanner by this time). He chucked and waved me through.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I hate to say it but your boss may have ruined her chance for effective legal prosecution of him.

Calling him back - repeatedly - kinda shows that your boss wasn't really afraid of the threat.

Plus... if it goes to court a good defense could even suggest that calling him back repeatedly (cos it sounds like the boss called him back more than once or twice) was an attempt to antagonize the SC.

If anything it might have been better to go straight to the police, give them the information and say "I'll drop the charges if he apologizes." That way there'd be no ammunition he could use against the company.
                                Last edited by PepperElf; 01-02-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X