Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imma blow up your office and beat you up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    At SFO coming back from my sister's family last Christmas time, the TSA screener asked if I had any, and I quote "knifes, bombs or guns on my person. I replied that those items would be in my jacket (already going through the scanner by this time). He chucked and waved me through.
    You were lucky to get a guy with a sense of humor.

Some of those guys have NO sense of humor at all

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    I hate to say it but your boss may have ruined her chance for effective legal prosecution of him.

Calling him back - repeatedly - kinda shows that your boss wasn't really afraid of the threat.

Plus... if it goes to court a good defense could even suggest that calling him back repeatedly (cos it sounds like the boss called him back more than once or twice) was an attempt to antagonize the SC.

If anything it might have been better to go straight to the police, give them the information and say "I'll drop the charges if he apologizes." That way there'd be no ammunition he could use against the company.
    I agree with PepperElf on this. I'd have called the cops at once and reported the threat rather than try and call the dumbstomer back. This guy will get a slap on the wrist.

Hopefully, the cops will scare the piss out of him when they DO go to talk to him. But even the cops may not take the matter seriously since the boss waited so long. Hopefully they'll tell HER, "look call us as soon as these things happen, will ya?"
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Worse

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      If anything it might have been better to go straight to the police, give them the information and say "I'll drop the charges if he apologizes." That way there'd be no ammunition he could use against the company.
      What if the threat had been real? What the boss did was give him time to really plant a bomb and a real event could had happened. True this is a rare event but more than one bomb has been sent to companies in the US in the last couple of years.

I forget who, but I know at-least recently the police went to the home of guy after such a complaint to find he had pipe bombs already made in his house. And I remember when they had a fire downtown where I live only to find after they put the fire out that the person living there was illegally making his own ammo and had way over the legal limit of gunpower in his basement. (It was the amount of gunpower present that made it all illegal, not making the ammo).

Comment

I still think you should take legal action yourself, since he also threatened YOU personally. It's your right to protect yourself and press charges if you fell the need, separate from management.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          I still think you should take legal action yourself, since he also threatened YOU personally. It's your right to protect yourself and press charges if you fell the need, separate from management.
          Ditto this. I'm also surprised the manager is waiting until tomorrow to call the police. If it were my office, with workers, I'd call them immediately after the call.

Also, bomb threats have ALWAYS been taken seriously since Guy Fawkes. 9/11 didn't really change that. Heck, that "bomb" scene from Meet the Parents took place before 9/11.
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I only took an airplane flight once or twice with my stepkids, but I remember telling them both...many times, and VERY firmly, before we ever left home...exactly what was likely to happen to them if they made any jokes or offhand comments WHATSOEVER about bombs, guns, knives, security in general, or anything of the sort while we were at the airport. I'm glad they were old enough to understand...but I still didn't trust them!!
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              Reminds me of an episode of 'Airline' where a couple of businessmen 'joked' that they had a bomb inside their hand luggage - and were utterly amazed and outraged when they were promptly thrown off the flight.

"But it was a joke! We didn't mean it! Can't you people take a joke?"

Uh, no. Not when it involves an aeroplane and several hundred lives, no we can't.
              when I was around 14 or 15 (mid 1970's pre-pre-pre-pre 2001 but still in an era where planes WERE being hijacked think Cuba for some reason) a friend and I road along when his Mom took his Aunt to the airport. the Aunt forgot her glasses after she boarded the plane. Friend and I went back to the gate to get them to her. as they would not let us actually board the plane my friend wondered why. I casually said somethine to the effect of "Well that is to prevent anyone from taking unauthorized stuff or bombs or guns onto the plane."

the gate attendants forcefully remarked that with that statement they could have held us in custody for up to 48 hours. not a fun experience
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                I'm glad they were old enough to understand...but I still didn't trust them!!
                And you didn't dare duct tape their mouths...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  And you didn't dare duct tape their mouths...
                  Not even at home!!!
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Not even at home!!!
                    I miss the goodledays... when I could stuff 6-8 hangers in my little bothers shirt and hang him up in the closet. (I immediately hung him back down, unlike my friend Bobby (10-12) who sassed his big brother when told to hang up his clothes...

Some time later one of the gang went to his house: "Is Bobby here?"
                    His dad (6'7" tank driver in Patton's army): "Yeah. He's in his room."
                    And he was. All hung up to dry.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      when I could stuff 6-8 hangers in my little bothers shirt and hang him up in the closet
                      Nice little Freudian slip there...unless, of course, you MEANT to say "bothers", and I wouldn't put it past you

Comment

Nice little Freudian slip there...unless, of course, you MEANT to say "bothers", and I wouldn't put it past you
                        Weel, my supply of ladle botherers (4) is somewhat in excess of regulation. spattered around at 8, 9, 11 & 14 years younger... And then there's the lipple (5) sheepsters: (1, 3, 5, 7 & 13).

Comment

I love how you kept your calm the entire time. Total pwnage.

IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZER!

Updates! We need updates! Tell me the cops arrested this ass.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Every bully everywhere uses the "it's a joke" defense when they get in trouble for the crap they dish out.
                            Usually because in school, or growing up, that defense gets them off the hook.

Most teachers in every school I've gone too, (so this is not a generalization of all teachers everywhere, just the ones I've been unfortunate enough to have this experience with) were clearly not paid enough to care if I lived or died. So the range of responses I've received when I complained about bullying has gone from, "he's just joking," to "ignore it" to "You must have done something to provoke it".

So since they got away with it growing up they think the law doesn't apply to them when they go into the real world and with any luck, they wind up in jail before they hurt anyone.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                              So since they got away with it growing up they think the law doesn't apply to them when they go into the real world and with any luck, they wind up in jail before they hurt anyone.
                              Or, they end up splattered all over a sidewalk somewhere, because their victim beats the shit out of them. I went to high school with a bully. This guy, felt like he could push everyone else around. That is, until he was at the mall, and attempted that shit out on the wrong person. Said person...beat him to a pulp, and left him on the sidewalk
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                Or, they end up splattered all over a sidewalk somewhere, because their victim beats the shit out of them. I went to high school with a bully. This guy, felt like he could push everyone else around. That is, until he was at the mall, and attempted that shit out on the wrong person. Said person...beat him to a pulp, and left him on the sidewalk
                                I find it hard to feel bad for the bully in such circumstances. I look at it as Karma paying her long overdue visit.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X