This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Christmas Suck

I was not at work during the first two stories.

Christmas Eve

A co-worker is running food out. She takes a meal to a couple.

CW: Enjoy your meals guys.
    SC: Ahem! I believe I ordered a sauce for my steak!
    CW: Oh that’s right! You did. I’m sorry, it slipped my mind. I will just run back and get it.

She was gone less than twenty seconds.

CW: There you go. Sorry about that. Again, enjoy your meals.
    SC: *to her husband* Tut! She thinks just because it’s Christmas she can get away with incompetence!

CW decided to ignore her and carried on working. Unfortunately, she had to return to clear their table.

CW: Was everything OK with your meals?
    SC: Oh yes, it certainly was! You know, once we EVENTUALLY received what we ordered!
    CW: *carries on clearing*
    SC: I know its Christmas Eve and you’ve probably got other things on your mind, like spending tomorrow alone with a bottle of vodka or something, but that does not excuse forgetting part of our meal!
    CW: *still ignores her*
    SC: We were thinking of ordering dessert, but if I was to order ice cream, would you remember that? Or would you just bring me an empty bowl and a spoon?
    CW: *grinding teeth*
    SC: Aren’t you going to reply? Or have you forgotten how to speak as well? I know its Christmas but there is no excuse for ignorance.
    CW: *snaps* And there is no excuse for you being such a bitch!
    SC: *stands up* Right! I’m going to find your manager!

The SC was so stupid. She went up to the manager and actually told the complete truth about what she said to CW. No bullshitting, no dramatics. Just the simple truth.

Manager: Well, I am afraid I completely agree with what she said to you.
    SC: But I’m the customer and it’s Christmas!
    M: So there is no excuse for what you did. You can go now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Day

Originally, Boss was not going to open the pub on Christmas Day, but she decided that she would like to. But only if everyone who was working volunteered. If there weren’t enough people to volunteer, she wouldn’t open at all. A few people expressed interest in working Christmas Day due to it being time and a half and the idea of getting Christmas tips.

So Boss opened the pub on Christmas day, but for three hours only. Just in the early afternoon before dinner, and it was bar only. No food.

Customer comes to the bar.

SC: I would like to order some meals.
    CW: Oh I’m sorry, the kitchen is closed today.
    SC: Are you serious?
    CW: Yes. Its drinks only today.
    SC: You’re actually being serious?
    CW: Yes.
    SC: *calls over wife* Come here and listen to this!
    SCW: What is it?
    SC: Apparently they are not serving food today.
    SCW: Are you serious?
    SC: Apparently they are.
    SCW: *to CW* Well Merry-fucking-Christmas!

They stormed out.

All of my co-workers were disappointed. Despite being busy, not one of them got a tip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boxing Day

I was in having drinks with two co-workers when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see one of the whiniest regular customers starting at me.

SC: You work here right?
    Me: Yeah.

I turn around and carry on my conversation with my friends. I had no wish to talk to him. He tapped me again. I deliberately made my body shudder to make him see how little I wanted him to touch me.

SC: What time do you close on New Years Eve?
    Me: I don’t know to be honest.
    SC: How can you not know? You work here!!
    Me: Yes, but luckily I am not working New Years Eve, so I don’t know. I assume it will be regular hours.
    SC: But you work here! Surely you would ask!!
    Me: Maybe, but I’m not working, so it doesn’t concern me.
    SC: My God you’re ignorant.

It was a public holiday in the UK on the 27th, and because of this, the delivery didn’t come. I was not aware it had been cancelled. We had also ran out of a lot of things.

SC: I would like the fish.
    Me: I am afraid we have run out of that. Sorry.
    SC: Oh...well, I’m a regular here, and I know you get a delivery today, so do you think it will be on that?
    Me: It could be, but I won’t know until it gets here.
    SC: What time is it due?
    Me: Usually around 2pm.
    SC: I will be back for 2:30 then.

I find it a little sad that people are willing to go hungry just to order Grade F haddock.

2:30. I talk to a Manager.

Me: They’re leaving it a little late with the delivery today aren’t they?
    M: Customersruinmylife, it’s a holiday today. There’s no delivery coming.
    Me: Shit.

I look and see the old man eagerly approaching the bar.

Me: Double shit.
    SC: So, was there fish on the delivery?
    Me: I’m afraid no delivery will be coming toda-
    SC: YOU PROMISED THERE WOULD BE FISH ON THE DELIVERY!!!!1111!!
    Me: No, I didn’t, what I said was-
    SC: YOU MADE ME STAAAAAARRRVE!!!!11!!
    Me: I’m sorry, but I was mistaken about the deliv-
    SC: I WILL MAKE SURE YOU PAY FOR THIS! GET THE MANAGER!!

Manager was stood at the end of the bar, stunned at his reaction.

Later in the day, we ran out of salad. Lady is ordering food.

SC: And I want the steak, with salad instead of peas.
    Me: I’m sorry, but we have just run out of salad.
    SC: That’s impossible.
    Me: I am sorry, we have had no deliveries with it being the holiday period.
    SC: Right, you know what, I think I deserve compensation for myself, my friends and family.
    Me: Everything on our menu is subject to availability.
    SC: I feel like we deserve free drinks for the rest of the year.
    Me: *trying to keep in giggles* You may feel that, but it will never, ever happen.
    SC: There’s only four days left in the year! It’s not like I’m asking in January or something! Can you get a manager?

I grabbed M.

SC: *blah blah blah ridiculous blah blah unacceptable blah* So I think it’s only fair that myself, my friends and family get free drinks in here for the rest of the year.
    M: *laughs* Are you serious?
    SC: Yes.
    M: OK, there is one drink I will allow you to have free for the rest of the year. Would you like it?
    SC: Well, as long as it’s some sort of compensation...
    M: Great. Customersruinmylife, get this lady a glass of tap water.
    SC: WHAT?!
    M: Too late. You have already accepted.

Oh, man. Is there a pit to hell open in your area? The stupid is so strong with your customers.

At least the last story has a happy ending.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I love the Salad Lady story. Your manager sounds freakin awesome.

The lady freaking out for the sauce was just stupid. I understand it's annoying, but there's absolutely no reason to start insulting people.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        SC: Aren’t you going to reply? Or have you forgotten how to speak as well? I know its Christmas but there is no excuse for ignorance.
        "Oh, I'm sorry. I was preoccupied with a thought. Since it IS Christmas, I was just remembering something a wise man once said: 'Forgive, and you will be forgiven' and 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' I think those are such wonderful sentiments for the purpose and meaning of Christmas, don't you agree? I always try to remember those whenever something does not go perfectly.

"Now, you were saying you wanted to skip desert? Well, I am so sorry you will not be able to be with us longer, but may you have a Christmas full of the love, peace and goodwill we all seem to express to others at this season! It has been a pleasure serving you."

(Sorry for the sarcasm, but I get VERY passive aggressive with her type.)
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

For the second family, I would have called the coworkers and asked them in front of the customers (after the customer's bad behaviour), "Heh, who goes out to bar to eat on Christmas?"

For the third guy wanting to know the closing hours, I gotta side with the customer on this one. Yeah, you may not have known the closing time since you were not working (which is an honest answer), but you said you were right there talking to your friends, so it wouldn't be too hard to ask them right there. I understand you didn't want to talk to him since he tapped you on the shoulder but.. ehh.

Comment

SC: *blah blah blah ridiculous blah blah unacceptable blah* So I think it’s only fair that myself, my friends and family get free drinks in here for the rest of the year.
            M: *laughs* Are you serious?
            SC: Yes.
            M: OK, there is one drink I will allow you to have free for the rest of the year. Would you like it?
            SC: Well, as long as it’s some sort of compensation...
            M: Great. Customersruinmylife, get this lady a glass of tap water.
            SC: WHAT?!
            M: Too late. You have already accepted.
            Perfect!! I mean, come on, seriously....compensation?? For not having salad??
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

People have no shame...seriously. One little thing goes wrong and they think they should be handed the moon on a silver platter. Self-important much??
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Few things chap my ass more than an SC who annoys workers while they're off the clock. If I'm not getting paid to deal with sc's, I have no obligation to serve them. SC could have asked his question to someone who was actually on the clock, but then again we know SC's don't actually think too much, if at all. It hurts that space between their ears.

Salad lady is freaking insane. No salad? Get over it!! Hope she enjoyed her tap water! Loved the way manager dealt with her.

The fish SC is off his rocker for sure, perhaps he is on some sort of crazy drug that turns him into a fish-loving, raging lunatic....

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                  For the third guy wanting to know the closing hours, I gotta side with the customer on this one. Yeah, you may not have known the closing time since you were not working (which is an honest answer), but you said you were right there talking to your friends, so it wouldn't be too hard to ask them right there. I understand you didn't want to talk to him since he tapped you on the shoulder but.. ehh.
                  I'm going to have to disagree. He was off the clock and had no obligation to help the customer who should have asked someone who was actually working at the time.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Wow, that first person totally needs to get a grip. Perfect reaction by your coworker. Thank god he didn't get in trouble!

And awesome reaction by the manager both there and with the salad idiot!

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      For the third guy wanting to know the closing hours, I gotta side with the customer on this one.
                      All that guy had to do was read the sign that was most likely posted on the front door telling the holiday hours.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        All that guy had to do was read the sign that was most likely posted on the front door telling the holiday hours.
                        I had thought about that too, but wasn't sure if the OP had mentioned it or not, didn't want to assume that it was or was not posted. With an important as a holiday as this, I don't see why it wouldn't be posted though.

Comment

Baldrick, I have a very cunning plan....

What we should all do is keep a small stack of paper strips to hand with the word 'compensation' printed on them. Then, when a sucktomer flies off the handle like the salad lady in the OP and demands compensation for the "inconvenience", you take one out, hand it to them and, with a big friendly smile, say "There you go. One compensation, as requested. Thanks so much for visiting us today".

Ain't I a stinkah?
                          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                            Baldrick, I have a very cunning plan....

What we should all do is keep a small stack of paper strips to hand with the word 'compensation' printed on them. Then, when a sucktomer flies off the handle like the salad lady in the OP and demands compensation for the "inconvenience", you take one out, hand it to them and, with a big friendly smile, say "There you go. One compensation, as requested. Thanks so much for visiting us today".

Ain't I a stinkah?
                            Your are but OH it would be such fun!
                            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                              SC: Right, you know what, I think I deserve compensation for myself, my friends and family.
                              Me: Everything on our menu is subject to availability.
                              SC: I feel like we deserve free drinks for the rest of the year.
                              I feel like I deserve a romp in the hay with Megan Fox...but that probably isn't going to happen either....

Comment

Working...
                              X