This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
    Sometimes it is hip to be a nerd now-a-days. I am sure there are people with Dr. Who collections just so they can look cool to some sub-section of people.
    My bf just ordered me a "Doctors 11" shirt with all the doctors on it in an "ocean's 11" pose.

I think he was a bit surprised that I named each Doctor's number and the actor. I haven't seen every episode but I've at least seen every doctor, cos I use to watch it when I was young.

I was so young when I first saw it that I don't even remember it... I just have some vague memories of #4 and K9. Then I started watching it again in my early teens.

In fact I didn't even LIKE the new series at first - I saw part of 9 in the "game show" episode and thought it was dumb (sorry! - my bf doesn't know this, and never will !). I didn't get into it until I found out they'd brought Sarah Jane (RIP ) back. So I ended up buying her episodes and then finally watching all of 9 and then 10's episodes. I didn't start watching them "new" until 10's last year as the Doctor.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 01-25-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Books as decoration, ick. There was an episode of trading spaces (shut up) where one of the "designers" wallpapered a room with book pages. It just drove me crazy. Though, I might be consoled if I learned it was a Reader's Digest Condensed Book...

I still wish that I could go into a toy store and get Doctor Who themed toys for me...I mean my kids.
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
        You can never find your sonic screwdriver when you need it most...
        I always know where MY sonic screwdriver is (top shelf of the office bookcase at the moment).

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        There's a company (probably several) out there that sells shelf-sections of older books. You order by length of shelf, cover type, and color. Just so you can have a coordinated bookshelf to make yourself look literate.

^-.-^
        Sacrilege !

Quoth simplyanother View Post
        Books as decoration, ick. There was an episode of trading spaces (shut up) where one of the "designers" wallpapered a room with book pages. It just drove me crazy. Though, I might be consoled if I learned it was a Reader's Digest Condensed Book...
        Only if it were. In all other events, get out the pitchforks and torches.

Quoth simplyanother View Post
        I still wish that I could go into a toy store and get Doctor Who themed toys for me...I mean my kids.
        Try a comic book store. That's where I get mine
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          [...]
          Try a comic book store. That's where I get mine
          Which makes sense. But, I think I'm part sucky customer, because I just want to whine about not having a shelf or two of Doctor Who related toys at Walmart. hehe. The boys would dig a comic book store, I think (my oldest especially).

For Christmas this past year, I got my youngest son a notLego* set, it was about 25 dollars (on Amazon). It was about the size of one of those small Star Wars sets you can get for about 11 dollars.

* this : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

This post was brought to you by...my tendency to babble... sorry.
          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            He saw a "2", which in his tiny mind equated to Region 2, because hey, it couldn't possibly mean anything else, right? You'd think he could just ASK about it, but that would make sense...
            Or, since this was such a personal Holy Grail for him (hey, we all have our weaknesses, right?) he could have READ the entire box first to see what region it was.

I know about Holy Grails . . . mine is The Man From UNCLE -The Complete Series (and I checked the description online when I bought it - it was Region Free.)

He didn't have to be such a damn dick about it . . . still his fault for not reading or asking.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              There's a company (probably several) out there that sells shelf-sections of older books. You order by length of shelf, cover type, and color. Just so you can have a coordinated bookshelf to make yourself look literate.

^-.-^
              Books By the Foot, iirc. I first heard about it on this very message board. And yes, they do indeed sell books by color and size -- their official intention is to supply doctor's offices (they do by age/subject matter too), movie sets, et al, but anyone can buy
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X