• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    Re: The thread title.

Pawn shops take those?!?!

Ima gonna be rich, I am, I am!
    Nah, you have to have proof of ownership - otherwise they won't give you anything.

Besides the going rate is pretty low right now.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
      Nah, you have to have proof of ownership - otherwise they won't give you anything.
      So, if they're owned, they can be pawned?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        So, if they're owned, they can be pawned?
        No, they'd get pwned
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I think we've been punned.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

No... pawnished.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The president of the company...

I work in a call center too...amazing how many people will claim to be best friends of the company president and yet never can remember his name...

...Yet they get mad at me when I cannot get him / her on the phone, when they do remember to look it up in Wikipedia. One person, claimed to be BFF with the president of the large bank whose name means "to run after" that we answer calls for. Got mad at me when I couldn't give him the cell number of the company president, his BFF. I reminded him,politely, that if him and company president were friends he should have that already. Guy's call dropped after that...

Comment

Quoth Diggs808 View Post
                I work in a call center too...amazing how many people will claim to be best friends of the company president and yet never can remember his name...

...Yet they get mad at me when I cannot get him / her on the phone, when they do remember to look it up in Wikipedia. One person, claimed to be BFF with the president of the large bank whose name means "to run after" that we answer calls for. Got mad at me when I couldn't give him the cell number of the company president, his BFF. I reminded him,politely, that if him and company president were friends he should have that already. Guy's call dropped after that...
                Funny that
                "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

We get quite a few people calling High End Home Store who claim to know the CEO and call him by his first name. In this case, they *may* be telling the truth, as he is not shy about sharing his name and putting his picture in places customers would see it...plus he lives and works in the area of the country where we probably have the most customers (and the corporate HQ, of course). Still...if you really have any pull with him, why not just call him first and not me? And while you're at it, can you give him MY list of grievances with the company too??
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I just got a different notion for the whole "pawning" thing.

Namely, throwing chess pieces at the stupid person's head.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      I just got a different notion for the whole "pawning" thing.

Namely, throwing chess pieces at the stupid person's head.
                      Only if they're the oversized ones from the first Harry Potter book...
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Only if they're the oversized ones from the first Harry Potter book...
                        Uh, you mean the ones that kick the crap out of their opponents? Hehehe it might be amusing to see--someone attempting to pick up one of those pieces..and said piece kicking their ass
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X