This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
    Right...and there's some fairly promising research atm pointing to type 1 being primarily autoimmune.
    I would not be at all surprised, they are discovering how interrelated body systems are, and how one little autoimmune reaction can hose up major systems.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That makes perfect sense to me. Type one diabetes does seem like an auto-immune disorder.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I had heard that story about hush puppies, but I heard it as this: back in slave days, hush puppies were thrown to the dogs to get them to stop fighting the slaves for their (admittedly meager) food. The fried corn meal was something that slaves had plenty of access to, since they rarely got meat and corn meal was plentiful.

Comment

When stores sell it, I think they legally have to label it as chocolate surprise. I may be wrong, though.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

"Right...and there's some fairly promising research atm pointing to type 1 being primarily autoimmune."

I'm currently at medical school in the UK and we're taught that Type 1 DM is autoimmune. Except we're now told to call them insulin dependent diabetes mellitus or non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.

Comment

I never heard of the "puppy chow" term either! But hearing about that Chex mix and not having ate some in years made my mouth water. Great, now I need to buy some! That stuff is freaking awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X