• Show
Clear All

• Why is the tech in the bathroom????

Cast:
    Me:
    SC:
    "Tom: the tech
    Manager: the manager

They let customers in early yesterday, much to the disappointment of my coworker "Tom" - the tech on duty - cos he needed to use the toilet.

A little while after he went off for that a customer came in wanting to have the hard drive replaced in his Mac right away.

I know it won't take long but I didn't know if the tech would have the time to do it since we didn't actually have anyone working repair. So he agreed to sit at a consultation booth and wait for the tech.

I also took the time to let him know that the OS wouldn't be on the hard drive and that he would need to have some means to put in on. The SC seemed to act like I didn't know what I was talking about because his computer didn't come with recovery discs... maybe he assumed we'd just put it on for him which... we won't.

But as the minutes ticked by the SC got madder and madder and demanded to know where the tech was.

Me: He told me he was going to the bathroom.

I was tempted to ask him if he wanted me to go to the men's room to drag him out. But I figured it would come off bitchy... or he'd say "yes! go do that!" I mean sure I kept looking back towards the head to see if Tom was coming back yet but there's not much else I can do. He's fucking human I mean... he has a right to piss and shit.

Finally the SC blew up.

SC: I'm done here. I want the manager! *Then he stormed off to the checkout line*

Being the bitch I am... I got him the manager and explained "He's mad because the tech is in the bathroom." Yes sir SC.... I let the manager know you're complaining that the tech was using the toilet instead of serving you. The manager went to talk to the man and I walked off.

I think the SC knew that no one was not taking his whine seriously. He proceeded to try arguing with the manager that the potty visit should count as a break and... I think he was even more pissed off that the manager wasn't agreeing with him. There's no way he's going to punish the tech for using the toilet. That would be an HR nightmare right there. And I think that's what the SC wanted... to see the tech punished. And knowing that the manager wasn't going to do it... o yeah he be mad.

When Tom finally got back I told him what happened, rolling my eyes. Turned out his potty break took longer because other customers accosted him on the way back so he helped them first before relieving himself. And yeah, he pretty much rolled his eyes too.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 02-19-2012, 03:50 PM.

Well, of course that was a flawed excuse at best. We all know robots don't have any need for potty breaks!

Comment

Wanted an employee disciplined for using the potty because it wasn't convenient to the customer huh?

The good ol' "eliminate anyone who's existence doesn't neatly fit into mine" mindset.

I hear Joseph Stalin was a big proponent of that
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Manager "you think I should make the tech take that as part of his break? well if you insist. I'll catch him as he comes out of the bathroom and tell him that was part of his break and he has to finish it now. He should be back in (looks at watch) 27 minutes in that case. He'll really be grateful to you because I was going to make him wait another 2 hours or so before he got that break."

Comment

Why is the tech in the bathroom????

"He had Taco Bell for lunch and is now vehemently regretting it. Anything else for you, sir?"

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
            Why is the tech in the bathroom????

"He had Taco Bell for lunch and it's now ringing his guts."
            You've been punned.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              You've been punned.
              I'm embarrassed that it took me longer than 2 seconds to understand that pun.

But seriously, Taco Bell is where you eat if you want a legitimate reason to call in sick for work.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                The good ol' "eliminate anyone who's existence doesn't neatly fit into mine" mindset.
                This just struck me as funny given the topic.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Talk about entitlement mentatlity. Dude had to answer Nature's call, FFS! We're human, not robots!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

And I'm betting that SC is going to be even MADDER once he switches his hard drive out himself. Mainly when he figures out he doesn't have an operating system.

Comment

"Ok sir, as you've requested I have now punished the only tech we have working on-site today. I have sent him home, and therefore nobody in this store can install a new hard drive in your Mac. I don't know how long I'll suspend him, but as soon as he comes back, IF I allow him back, he'll get right to installing that replacement hard drive... Happy now?"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        And I'm betting that SC is going to be even MADDER once he switches his hard drive out himself. Mainly when he figures out he doesn't have an operating system.
                        He wouldn't be smart enough to know that a brand new hard drive is unformatted and has to be formatted and the OS installed first before it can be used.

Like, Duh.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          He wouldn't be smart enough to know that a brand new hard drive is unformatted and has to be formatted and the OS installed first before it can be used.

Like, Duh.
                          yeah. he wasn't hearing it when I tried explaining it to him. i guess he just figured "it's mac, it'll work without being formatted" or he assumed we'd install it for him. (no, not without him paying a hell of a lot more - AND even then he still has to have his own copy of the OS)

Comment

Seriously, what an EW! But, it doesn't really surprise me. People tend to turn into EWs when any sort of repair is involved. I've seen it happen many times at Pep Boys when I've had my car in there. They all seem to think that service techs can simply push a few buttons, and their car/computer/phone is working properly again....and that all techs themselves seem to run on electricity
                            Last edited by protege; 02-20-2012, 06:31 PM.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

There are those people that, when presented with new technology, or even a car for the first time, want to know anything and everything about them. Then are those that don't want to get overwhelmed with knowledge and fear learning new things they may not understand. This guy was the latter. What's worse though; guys like this, or those who call in to tech support yet claim to know more than the technician does?
                              Last edited by protege; 02-20-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X