This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Here is the set-up at my grocery store. (I swear, they did not have it like this until this thread started! Gah!)
    Wait wait wait -- do you know what this MEANS?! Someone in power at your store reads this site! There's hope for them yet!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've seen it both ways here, depending on the store. And one of our grocery stores does ths storm-sound thing, which I find hilarious. I'd love to hear "Singin' In the Rain," though!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I neglected to take a photo, but yesterday at the store, I found them stacked in the water in one area AND also stacked up on the produce shelves. You can have it both ways!
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Over the weekend we went to Sam's Club and from a distance I saw bands of asparagus stalks standing up...I was like "no way!" and I went over to look closer, but if they'd been in water before the water had dried up. They were just in cardboard boxes with paper towels lining the box bottoms.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I gotta tell you all, my local Co-op does indeed stick asparagus in water. Just the cut ends... I assume it's just like cut flowers, the water keeps them fresh. However, I also assume it's not necessary if the store has sufficient thoroughput and/or doesn't care so much about the quality. Co-op is big on quality, since they're not too big on low prices.

Comment

It could also be that customers equate "wet produce" with "fresh produce"...
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X