• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sneak? Very nice friend. Oh, yes, my precious. Very nice, very nice. "

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
      "Sneak? Very nice friend. Oh, yes, my precious. Very nice, very nice. "
      Filthy hobbitses?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
        "Is this a line?"
        Not yet, but if you just stand there wasting my time long enough, eventually other customers will get behind you, and then it WILL be a line.

Quoth Gaki View Post
        SC: Oh you little sneak, if I hadn't noticed that you were just gonna take it for yourself weren't you?
        Oh, you caught me! You're right, I was waiting for you to leave so I could have it all to myself. After all, that thirteen cents would not only pay my way through 8 years of bionuclear training, it was also going to help fund the Kentucky freedom fighters massing at the West Virginia border. But now, all my plans are dashed due to your keenly intrepid powers of observation!

Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
        I can't say I've ever had someone ask for change for a quarter...
        George Carlin had a great line in his routine of how to mess with people's heads:

"Stand on line at the bank for a really long time. Then, when you finally get up to the window, just ask for change of a nickel. It's fun. They actually call other tellers over to look at you."

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
        Yes, people are picky/superstitious like that.
        Translation: People are fucking stupid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          "Is this a line?"
          No. This is The Game. You have now lost The Game. Thank you for playing.

People are fucking stupid.
          It's worse than you think. Stupid people are fucking. They don't have anything better to do. It's the only rational explanation for the recent Stupid epidemic. </yahtzee>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            No. This is The Game. You have now lost The Game.
            GODDAMMIT!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei
              No. This is The Game. You have now lost The Game. Thank you for playing.
              Curses! *shakes her fist at you*

Ninja edit: roomie also curses you.
              Last edited by dragon_wings; 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                Curses! *shakes her fist at you*

Ninja edit: roomie also curses you.
                "The only way to win is not to play." -W.O.P.R.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  "The only way to win is not to play." -W.O.P.R.
                  You can't win.
                  You can't break even.
                  You can't quit the game.

Thermodynamics FTW.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                    Irksome.

An elderly man came up to my register, the old farmer type with the farmer hat and the plaid shirts. He purchased something and the change comes out of the change machine (I don't have to count it out, it just pops out). When it does come, most of it comes out but a few pennies and a dime got stuck in the thin part of the chute. I didn't notice it until he looked down into his hand puzzled at the change there. So I examined the machine and found the change and poked it to loosen it. What he said next left me absolutely fuming.

SC: Oh you little sneak, if I hadn't noticed that you were just gonna take it for yourself weren't you?
                    Me: What? No.
                    SC: Oh I know, you were just gonna put that in your pocket when I left. You knew it was there and you were hoping I wasn't going to notice.
                    Me: No I didn't. And if you had left it would have gone to charity. (I pointed at the overflowing charity box that I'd never seen a single customer drop change into, it has ALL been US.)
                    SC: Oh no, you're all like that, you would have put that right in your pocket. (at this point he's leaving and I'm just standing there like a stick in the mud completely bowled over by his absolutely disgusting display of paranoia.)

Totally still irked. What an old d-bag.
                    You know, it's funny. That just doesn't occur to most people.

I figure it's only the people who WOULD do it who even think of it.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                    X