Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF he really was the owner, he'd have a way to access the building himself. And if he won't follow the established protocol for such, then too bad for him.

I get this a lot , we have literally hundreds of parking lots/properties with our signs up in them saying we tow from that location, but 90% of these can go weeks, months, perhaps even a year before someone actually illegally parks in them. (they're more of a legal CYA if the need to tow ever arises in most cases, since a lot of them are too far from town/a bar/a party to ever have anyone WANT to use them who didn't live there)

Since it's far too much info to memorize, we have a rules binder that has ALL the properties listed including who is allowed to request a car towed, it's up to YOU the property owner to keep your information with us current, if what you say on the phone doesn't match what I have in front of me, there's nothing I can or will do.

Oh the number of times I heard the bellyache: "But I"M THE OWNER!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!"

We'll, you'll need to talk to THIS place's owner in the morning and get it straightened out because you're telling me "A" on the phone and it says "B" in the book.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Just once, I'd like one of these phony owners to say to the real owner, "I'm the owner, let me in!"
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would have done the same thing as you did and big kudos to your manager for backing you up!!

Comment

Sounds pretty fishy to me. Your store lights were off because you were closed; any other lights around the building can wait until morning. How did he know? Did he just happen to be driving by and see the lights were off? Too coincidental to be real.

I wonder what he would have done if you'd said, "I'll go down and check the circuit breakers for you."
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had the day off today, so no updates. But I will mention that in the almost five years I've worked at that store, I have never seen nor met the owner of the building. The only people that have access to our store are the manager and the supervisors--no one outside of our company has a key. I'm incredibly curious to find out if my manager talked to him today....

And just to clarify, I was NEVER going to open that door while he was within 100 feet of it. I only called my manager to get the clear to call the police--just because I didn't want to cause too much of a scene.
            Here's your sign...

Comment

Maybe it's me but it sounds like he may have been the building owner... but that the shop he was trying to access rents the space from him.

Which means the store has legal rights and does not have to grant him access after hours just because he wants to snoop around - depending on what your state laws dictate of course.

But if that was the building owner, I'm sure your manager can have a few choice words to say to him on his behavior.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Maybe it's me but it sounds like he may have been the building owner... but that the shop he was trying to access rents the space from him.

Which means the store has legal rights and does not have to grant him access after hours just because he wants to snoop around - depending on what your state laws dictate of course.

But if that was the building owner, I'm sure your manager can have a few choice words to say to him on his behavior.
                Yup, that's exactly it. He owns the building, my company leases a good chunk of it. That's why he doesn't have a key, and why he should have known better.
                Here's your sign...

Comment

Yeah cos physical access means he can access your inventory, the safe*, and whatever else he may want to help himself to.

* even if it's locked it doesn't mean it can't be opened. all you have to do is take the entire safe out and then you can spend as much time as you want on it.

Comment

UPDATE:

He came into the store yesterday to apologize to me for freaking me out. He even said, "They were right not to let me in." WTF dude, if you knew that, then why were you harassing me and scaring the shit out of me?!? Sigh....
                    Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
                      UPDATE:

He came into the store yesterday to apologize to me for freaking me out. He even said, "They were right not to let me in." WTF dude, if you knew that, then why were you harassing me and scaring the shit out of me?!? Sigh....
                      Well, not knowing what was going through the Owner's head, it might have been that he was unaware of the store's closing hours and wondering what was going on with the lights being off, and had a momentary panic.

Maybe he was just being an ass.

Regardless, he recognizes he had been freaking people out and apologized for it. Does he mean it? No, but at least he's paying lip service and has said he's sorry.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Glad that he had enough sense to apologize for being a doofus...too bad he wasn't a doofus in the first place!

Comment

Working...
                        X