This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice try. That almost worked.

Had a "guest" come in this morning to ask me for the wireless username and password.

Me: What room are you in?
    SC: I can't remember.
    Me: What's the last name of the room?
    SC: It's either under Ass, Bitch, or Cock.
    Me: I'm not seeing it under any of those three.
    SC: Can't you just give me the password?
    Me: The wireless internet is for registered guests only. I just need to verify that you're a registered guest.
    SC: OK, I'll just wait for them. Do you mind if I charge my phone?
    Me: I suppose.
    SC: I'm getting the vibe that you don't want me around.
    Me: It's not that. You have no idea how many people claim to be a guest here.
    SC: Makes sense. I'll just go and get my friend. (leaves and never returns)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    SC: I'm getting the vibe that you don't want me around.
    Wow, that's eerie. Can you see my dead grandfather too?

Comment

Wow, at least he knew the gig was up and that he wasn't getting to use the wifi for free. I was expecting him to throw a huge hiss-fit!
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

LOL Ours is unsecured here. Which of course causes problems because people use it ALL THE TIME in the lot.

The one maintainence guy likes to mess with them. He walks over and taps on the window then tells them, "Look, I know you're just using the internet, but we've been having peeping tom issues, so we're just writing down everyone's license plate numbers..." Usually they take off at this point LOL

Comment

Well, it is stealing. I could use 2 networks that are unlocked in my apartment complex, but I elected to get my own connection. It's limited, but still cheaper than paying for a coffee every time at Harbuck's.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
            The one maintainence guy likes to mess with them. He walks over and taps on the window then tells them, "Look, I know you're just using the internet, but we've been having peeping tom issues, so we're just writing down everyone's license plate numbers..." Usually they take off at this point LOL
            That guy deserves a medal!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Most grocery stores today have free wi-fi. Well, Kroger/Ralph's does. Dunno about HEB.

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
                Most grocery stores today have free wi-fi
                Mine doesn't. We don't want a nice pleasant ambiance, we just want you and your money to become separated at purchase.
                Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Working...
                X