Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my coffee dark and black. I wouldn't throw a fit if they only had light roast, though, especially since you were going to make it a shot in the dark! (Or a shot in the light? Hmm....)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
      It's called get an iced americano and stop your bitching. Besides, most of the people who ordered light or dark couldn't ACTUALLY tell the difference if they didn't know.
      I totally would. Then I'd ask you if you knew of a coffee house close by. Nicely.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ayup. And don't you know, light roasted has MORE caffeine in it than dark.

Sorry to thread-necromance this one up.
        A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

I am sorry coffee is coffee. As long as it blonde and sweet I don't care. Just don't get between me and it. As i tell my hubby, coffee is the one thing keeping me from a murderous rage and death.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
            I am sorry coffee is coffee. As long as it blonde and sweet I don't care.
            WHAT KIND OF PACIFIC NORTHWESTERNER ARE YOU?!?!?! BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!!!
            (I kid...I don't even own a coffee grinder...)
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post

Maybe that is why this evil sun won't go away!?!?!? I must repent!!! Where is my coffee press and grinder?!?!?!?!?
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                Maybe that is why this evil sun won't go away!?!?!?
                Cursed Daystar! It buuuuurrrrrrrnnsss!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  (I kid...I don't even own a coffee grinder...)
                  Well, and that's the problem, kiddo. Some of us wet coasters are so accustomed to nasty-ass coffee that the only way we can get certain brands down is to dilute it almost beyond recognition. I will never be so desperate for coffee that I'll so much as set foot in a Starbucks again, and if the other stuff is the best Seattle can produce, you can keep it. I like my coffee strong and rich and tasting like coffee, not the over-roasted bitter nasty-ass stuff originating in the region I used to live.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                    Well, and that's the problem, kiddo. Some of us wet coasters are so accustomed to nasty-ass coffee that the only way we can get certain brands down is to dilute it almost beyond recognition. I will never be so desperate for coffee that I'll so much as set foot in a Starbucks again, and if the other stuff is the best Seattle can produce, you can keep it. I like my coffee strong and rich and tasting like coffee, not the over-roasted bitter nasty-ass stuff originating in the region I used to live.

Thank you! I never could understand why people actually LIKE the flavor of burnt coffee beans. I like it strong, too, but please get it right!
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      I could tell the difference, but if they didn't have dark, I'd take the light because IT'S STILL COFFEEE!! GIMMEEEE!!!

*ahem*

So sorry.
                      You and me both! And while I prefer dark, I'd take the light if I were really really desperate adn needing my caffeine fix.

Comment

Personally, I would have a problem in the other direction. Although I do like the taste of coffee, I mainly drink it for the caffeine. And lighter roasts have more. (The longer the bean roasts, the more caffeine is broken down.)

But if they only had dark roast, I'd drink it, too, because (as has been said by others) IT STILL HAS THE CAFFEINE I NEED!

(Think I'll get a cup now...)
                        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
                        X