Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-Store corporate, in their infinite (lack of) wisdom, has decided that we are having Black Friday specials this year. Yup. At a C-Store. It mostly boils down to free drink with purchase of x, and I think there's an energy drink on special. Nothing much, but still...WHY in the name of...whatever deity you all choose to worship...does a C-Store need to have Black Friday specials? *sigh* I'll be working 5:15 AM to 2:15 PM that day. Joy of joys.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
      The big question.. who will win the big race this year for the first to get a customer to cry, "YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!" I'd be amazed if this happened even before Black Friday.
      Already got one due to selling out of Wii U game systems.
      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

I'm working night shift at the gas station Thursday and Friday nights. It'll probably be busy; there's at least three big box stores within a two mile radius, and the sales are starting Thursday night (which a lot of people are annoyed by, but I digress). But as Jester said, being busy due to peripheral traffic isn't the same as being directly involved with Black Friday sales.
        It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

I got a long weekend, because im no longer in retail, yay me! But my bf is at sears, so I'm sure I'll hear some craziness.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
            My hardware store is still overinundated with overexcessive quantities of well-intentioned but far-too-late storm supplies and post-storm supplies to be of any particular source of greed-originated product transmission to customers for a positive Black Friday experience.

Short version: We're hosed.
            Yes and no. The store is hosed as a business for making a lot of money.

The employees, however, got one hell of a reprieve from Black Friday madness.

Unless, of course, you get the idiots coming in looking for this, that, and the other, and get all bent out of shape because you don't have this, that, and the other, due to all the storm supplies.

Hmmmm....now that I think about it, yeah, you guys might be royally hosed.

Quoth emax4 View Post
            The big question.. who will win the big race this year for the first to get a customer to cry, "YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!" I'd be amazed if this happened even before Black Friday.
            I wouldn't. Call me jaded, but I wouldn't be even vaguely surprised.

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
            Already got one due to selling out of Wii U game systems.
            And, there you go. Surprise level: zero.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

The funniest part about the whole "you ruined my son's Christmas" is that my store didn't even sell out of the Wii U system until 1:30 PM or so on Sunday. Not to mention from the way it sounds like the Wii U might not be that hard to find compared to when the Wii came out. Sounds like Nintendo did a bad job marketing this new system as many people are just flat out confused on what it is.

Comment

The original Wii also had significant supply issues. As in, big-box stores got full shipments, whereas "GameStore"s and the like got maybe 10% of what had been promised to them months before (literally -- 120 pre-orders at my old store, we got TWELVE in for launch).
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  Black Friday is this Friday? Whoa. Maybe that explains why I'm on the schedule for Friday night, although only for 4 hours ... still, this could be interesting.
                  I'm only on the schedule for four hours too, though I'm prepared to stay longer if they ask me.

The new store is open, and if the grand opening (last weekend) is any indication, it's going to be bloody insane. We've got the take-a-number sytem at the cutting counter and twice as many registers as the old place, but we still had huge lines.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. And bring cookies for the break room. Munchies do help morale.
                  Last edited by XCashier; 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

They're feeding us for 3 days, at least. We get food catered in every year Fri-Sun. I don't know about Thurs night, but I am bringing food, so....
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've never done Black Friday shopping and don't intend to in the near future.

Comment

Just shopping in my pajamas while drinking a beer.
                        I think some of the Wal-Mart shoppers will actually be doing this in person.

I am off this week (yay seniority!) but I have no intention of going anywhere near a mall. Haven't been to one in several years anyway. We might go to the Kriskindle Mart at the Broadway Market, which starts on Friday; lots of specialty foods, wine, collectibles, music, Santa (in person! ) etc. along with the usual food vendors. We only need one bus to get there, so we'll see. The weather's not bad for November.

Hoping no one will be hurt this year on Black Friday. Although not holding my breath. They had a local news story where some crazy woman was camped out in some store parking lot as of SUNDAY. Don't ask me how she's going to manage to eat, sleep and use the bathroom while holding a place in line!
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'll be thinking of you all this Friday!

Black Friday is December 21st for me I just want it over with.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            The original Wii also had significant supply issues. As in, big-box stores got full shipments, whereas "GameStore"s and the like got maybe 10% of what had been promised to them months before (literally -- 120 pre-orders at my old store, we got TWELVE in for launch).
                            A certain red dot electronics chain store also got short shifted on the supply of Wii systems as well.

Comment

I will be working until 8:30 on THanksgiving evening, then rushing home to bed because I have to be back at work at 4 AM on All Hallowed Black Friday. I work until noon on BF and it is going to be crazy. We are next door to Best Buy, and we get the spillover traffic. The only good thing is that corporate is feeding us for two days and they they don't skimp on food.

Comment

I get to work twice now. Too tired to explain: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...13#post1098613
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X