Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never gotten a money order. Yet, I pay my bills with money orders 90 percent of the time. How can someone NOT know what a money order is? I know how they work and how they came to be, etc. Is she from the 1970's or something? If I was told that I get $100 in cash and $250 in money orders, I'd be like, "Cool, dude. Thanks!" I wouldn't have to be educated on what a money order is.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Nope. Random wired RTL SSI powered by Raid'd roaches on a treadmill.

*RTL= Resistor Transistor Logic. Next came DTL, TTL, MOS & CMOS...
      *SSI Small Scale Integration. A few gates or flip-slops on a chip.
      Here, take a laugh point!

Hahahaha *coughcough* haha!
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
        Sc selected 45 dollars of tickets and gave the OP a winning one that Sc had with her. So paying for the new ones with the winner.
        Plus the SC could have checked them herself before redeeming them anyway.

Comment

Stories like this make me so glad that there's no room for a lottery machine in the petrol station. The people who work on kiosk tell me stories like this all the time. O_o

Like one woman who insisted she had a winning scratchcard, but got shirty when the cashier asked to look at it. She actually thought that she could scam the cashier into giving her the money without checking it first.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
            SC gets 45 dollars worth of lottery tickets and then hands me a winner to redeem. I do so. Said winner is 250.00. Great. So with basic math that comes to 205.00. Great, wonderful, would be if I weren't a GAS STATION.

I tell her that I can only give her 100 in cash and the rest must be on a money order. Cue insta-bitch. This WHOLE interaction is with me VERY calm with a stoic facial expression. I think it made her even more mad because I knew she would have to relent. There was no other option.
            Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            Such things make me glad lottery machines in my state have the ability to perform ticket inquiries. We also have signs posted stating that we reserve the option to pay out winnings by money order. I just wish more coworkers would learn to run inquiries before running ticket cash.
            Captain Obvious speaking, but for a convenience store to be able to pay out over $100 in cash, they would need to HAVE over $100 in cash on-hand. If it were known that they had that much cash on-hand, it would be a BIG risk. After all, the colloquial term for convenience store is "Stop-and-rob". While a robber would be able to force the clerk at gunpoint to issue a money order, they're traceable by serial number, and it would be a simple matter for the cops to get the security footage from wherever that money order was cashed (assuming it didn't go on the "hot list" of "these money orders are forged/stolen/whatever" immediately). Even if the robber killed the clerk to keep them from reporting the money order as stolen, I understand that the machines have an internal way to keep track of which serial numbers have been issued, and when.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X