Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hootyhoo! I got props! lol. Glad your court story worked out too. I can't stand holier than thou types trying to spout off BS about paintball being such a violent game.

And congrats on Maria saying Yes!

*Edit: Mrs. Rainman has been trying like a fiend to get me into Dr. Who ever since we got hitched (almost 4 years ago now) I've only seen a few episodes but so far if I had to pick a favorite it would be the actor who was the Dr. in season 4.
    Last edited by Rainman; 12-28-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit irritated on Maria's behalf that she was docked pay for something that happened off the clock and off company property. Especially since he was sleazing all over her.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
        I'm a bit irritated on Maria's behalf that she was docked pay for something that happened off the clock and off company property. Especially since he was sleazing all over her.
        Good point - he's her boss at work, not on her own time, and therefore she punched a guy she saw as a threat to her, not her boss.

If you aren't allowed to punch someone off the clock because they're your boss, does that mean you're also supposed to do what they tell you when you're off the clock as well?

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Can I bookmark this thread for every time I need a little faith that Karma exists?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Irving Patrick Freleigh - sure, go right ahead

Maria let me in on a little joke...he never actually docked her pay, turns out she had asked Gus a couple of days after she had been hired if she was allowed to punch fellow employee's if she caught them staring at her chest or ass or being a sleezeball. He said "yes, but I'd dock your pay and probably promote you".

XCashier: Maria's Doctor is The Fourth Doctor, hence her calling me K-9(which confuses the hell out of everybody), since I now sometime finish our calls in a high-pitched "AFFIRMATIVE MASTER".
            Last edited by paintballworker; 12-30-2012, 04:37 AM.
            Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Quoth paintballworker View Post
              ...I now sometime finish our calls in a high-pitched "AFFIRMATIVE MASTER".
              Don't we all?

Comment

Them- Big fancy wedding, lots of guests, HUGE BILL of which they want us to foot.
                Let me be diplomatic about this: fuck them.

Seriously, they want a big wedding, they can pay for it. They want you to pay for it, they can shut the fuck up.

Actually, they can shut the fuck up regardless. It's YOUR wedding, not THEIR wedding. When they have a wedding that involves them, they can make the decisions. For your wedding, the only opinions that matter worth a fuck are yours and Maria's. If anyone else has a problem with that, they can go pound sand, get bent, AND piss up a rope.

Seriously, fuck them. Obnoxious, controlling, irritating, self-centered idiots.

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                I'm sorry, but if I punched a worthless manager in the face and I got promoted to their job for it, I would thank my boss, and would laugh about the dock in pay. Seriously, if I knew I would get the same results as Maria, there have been several times I would have punched a superior in the nose and happily give up a day's pay, including tips.

Maria let me in on a little joke...he never actually docked her pay...
                There ya go, Fenig. A win win situation all around. (Other than for the sleazebag, of course.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

XCashier: Maria's Doctor is The Fourth Doctor, hence her calling me K-9(which confuses the hell out of everybody), since I now sometime finish our calls in a high-pitched "AFFIRMATIVE MASTER".
                  I'm with Maria on this one. <3

Comment

If that's you being diplomatic, I like it! We need a barkeep for the wedding, what do you work for?

and it was a win-win situation,

Comment

If that's you being diplomatic, I like it! We need a barkeep for the wedding, what do you work for?
                      If you're surprised by that being my diplomatic side, you must be new here. Because honestly, it is.

As for the barkeep thing, depending on when the wedding is, I'd have to charge you a fee (as yet to be determined) plus all travel expenses. As entertaining as it would be for both of us (more me, since you'd be busy getting married), it would be more economical to hire someone locally. Not that I'd turn down the gig, mind you. Just saying it wouldn't be cheap for you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

The money we save from not inviting her side of the family, means we can "splurge" with friends.

Also, Maria is a fan of the boards, she spent most of last night combing the site.

Comment

If you're serious, PM me the details. But I make no promises. (And I'm not even sure what I'm saying here, since it's early morning, and I am not coherent at this hour. Ever.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm semi-serious, the wedding is a LONG way off(we've delayed it till AFTER she graduates), besides I'm still up after getting shot in the leg last night by a newbie.

Comment

I'm semi-serious, the wedding is a LONG way off(we've delayed it till AFTER she graduates), besides I'm still up after getting shot in the leg last night by a newbie.
                              *blinks* Sorry, what?!

Incidentally, you could take that idea further. Among the members of this board you would have waiters, chefs, musicians, singers, decorators, dress-makers, etc. You could have the whole wedding catered, arranged, etc by CSers. And we could all be there to 'tsk' loudly and shake our heads disapprovingly at any of the actual wedding guests/family members who became sucky on the day! (Dear Lord, can you imagine...?)
                              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                                ... And we could all be there to 'tsk' loudly and shake our heads disapprovingly ..
                                We wouldn't have paintball guns?
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X