Clear All

• Double Threat(WARNING--LONG)

The last one is for you Rainman

Me: Um, Hi
    Kev: Absentee Proshop Manager and sleezebag
    Maria: Referee and AirTech
    Gun: Owner
    • Slugging the Proshop Manager and The Beginning

It's a year before the court case, and it's a warm June night, and I'm locking up. We had a new employee, a woman named Maria who took over the ref's job after the last one(Stoner Bob) was caught smoking Pot in the far bunker. I can tell she's gonna be a cool person(anybody who can argue for 3 hours, over the radio, who is a better Doctor)

So anyways, I'm closing up and slowly cursing myself cause I missed the last bus cause 4 of the regulars convinced me to let them have one last game. I lock up, and start the LONG walk home. My phone rings and it's her

Me: Hello
    Maria: Sorry to bother you, but Kev is being a creep, I'm at a bar and he's following me.
    Me: Oh FSM, what bar
    Maria: Callahan's, just down the street
    Me: Ok, I'll be right there
    Maria: Thanks K-9 *click*

I remember staring at my phone for a good while, wondering what the hell she meant.

I get to Callahan's, and there is Kev, being he's douchy self(the stories he's told, of hooking up with dozens of woman, makes me wanna slam his face on concrete until it breaks---the concrete, not his face). I walk up to Maria and Kev, the look he gave me can be summed up as I had just slammed the door shut on his "attempt to hook up".

Me: Hey maria, you called?
    Maria: Yes, I was wondering if..
    Kev: Get the fuck away from her, she's MINE! *manages to splash his beer all over her shirt*
    Maria: FUCK OFF! I'd never fuck you if you were the last man on earth, get it through you thick skull
    Kev: You stuck up cunt, your gonna be fired tomorrow! I will make sure of that.

I must admit, I was pissed at this point, I probably didn't have a shot with her but she's was still nice to me, but before I could do anything, she slugged him one. I learned that day that when you punch somebody on the nose, blood goes EVERYWHERE!

The cops gets called, everything get's explained, Kev spends the night in Hospital, and I get to tell Gus why his Proshop Manager is in the hospital.

The next night, me and Maria spent 4 hours watching Classic Doctor Who before falling asleep on the couch. (see the end note for what happened)

--------------------------
    • The Day ABC Paintball Was Dragged into Court

It's a sunny Saturday Morning, in the summer of 2008, and all of us at ABC Paintball are getting ready for a stampede of players(mainly cause the local tryouts for the Canadian Championships are being held here). Myself and Maria have just finished cleaning the field from the event last night, and have all the stuff set up when in walks the owner(Gus) looking like somebody just walked over his grave.

Me: Hey, what's wrong?
    Gus: The Tryouts are cancelled, the City is taking us to court!
    Us:
    Me: Why??
    Gus: It seems the local politicians don't want a paintball field this close to the city, so they're saying us being here violates the local by-laws.
    Maria and Me:
    Maria: Um, no we're not, I'm taking Law and I checked, the local by-laws say since we are in an industrial area and not residential, we are fine.
    Gus: That's what I said, but until then, we have to shut down
    Me: FRAK

Three Weeks later, we all show up for our court date, thankfully Gus has a lawyer on retainer, you know being a paintball field. And these guys are AWESOME

The city guys go first, saying "we're a blight on the city" and "how we are encouraging violence in young kids", etc. He spent 20 minutes talking about how dangerous we were.

Our lawyer stands up, asks the Judge to read the by-law and sits down. I'm freaking out, I don't want to lose this job, I love it. The Judge reads the by-law, and basically said the "city was in the wrong, and should cease it's smear campaign" against ABC and "to pay all it's court and lawyer fees". I've never wanted to Hi-five a Judge before, but I did right then.

endnote: Maria and I started dating a few weeks after the "Kev Event", and last month...she said "yes".
    Last edited by paintballworker; 12-28-2012, 10:07 AM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right?

A happy ending on CS? This _HAS_ to be a first!

Congrats!

BTW, what ever happend with you puncing Kev? No trouble with the boss I hope, the perv deserved it!

Comment

I didn't punch him, despite the fact I really wanted to.

Maria slugged him, nearly broke his nose, and got the following from Gus

"I'm docking you a day's pay for punching a employee, and if you want it, I can give you the now-vacant Proshop Manager's Position".

Comment

Oh sweet! AND the guy gets fired.

Comment

This was the last straw for Gus putting up with Kev's shit, plus with Kev out of the picture, we got a nice autumn bonus, which I spent buying a paintball marker and taking Maria out for a fancy dinner.

Comment

Quoth paintballworker View Post
            endnote: Maria and I started dating a few weeks after the "Kev Event", and last month...she said "yes".
            Here's your sign song: Ellis Paul - Maria's Beautiful Mess
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I didn't punch him, despite the fact I really wanted to.

Maria slugged him, nearly broke his nose, and got the following from Gus

"I'm docking you a day's pay for punching a employee, and if you want it, I can give you the now-vacant Proshop Manager's Position".
              I missed that part. I'm sure the guys in the bar got a real kick of seeing a female put this ass in his place!

Comment

Congrats on the Yes from me

Comment

Congrats!! I just love a happy ending!
                  I no longer fear HELL.
                  I work in RETAIL.

Comment

aw that's sweet.

This was the last straw for Gus putting up with Kev's shit, plus with Kev out of the picture, we got a nice autumn bonus, which I spent buying a paintball marker and taking Maria out for a fancy dinner.
                    O good. Cos the last thing anyone needs is to have to work with someone who thinks "job security" means "employee has to service me sexually"

and ... K-9? LOL

Comment

I sense a Doctor Who themed wedding...

I love it when creeps get their comeupance...
                      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I asked her about it, and it was because of my "dogged" defense of Peter Davidson as my favourite Doctor.

And as for the Who-themed Wedding, that is contentious point between us and her family(my family doesn't care, my father told me that he was surprised I managed to keep a girl long enough to merry her).

Us- We don't care, hell we'd go down to City Hall, pay the $50 for the license and BAM, we're married.
                        Them- Big fancy wedding, lots of guests, HUGE BILL of which they want us to foot. (Maria going to law school, so most of her money goes toward paying for that).

Comment

They want the big wedding, they can pay for it. That is what I told my mom. She wasn't happy, but saw the light when I asked her if a mountain of wedding debt was something she really wanted her daughter to start her life out with. And congrats!
                          The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Her parents 'loathe' me for my heritage and beliefs(which is better left to Fratching), and thanks everybody, I'm really nervous about the whole thing.

Comment

We had a new employee, a woman named Maria ...I can tell she's gonna be a cool person(anybody who can argue for 3 hours, over the radio, who is a better Doctor)

(snip) The next night, me and Maria spent 4 hours watching Classic Doctor Who before falling asleep on the couch. (see the end note for what happened)

(snip)endnote: Maria and I started dating a few weeks after the "Kev Event", and last month...she said "yes".
                              How wonderful! May you have a long and happy life together.

My husband and I met at a Doctor Who fan club. Wonder how many couples the good Doctor has brought together?

I see you like Davison. Who is Maria's favorite?
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X