Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel bad for santa they could have gotten to eat if his wife wasn't a flaming bitch
    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

You know, one time I ended up going into a pub not 3 minutes before the kitchen closed. I didn't know because I had never been in the pub before. The bartender explained that I'd have to decide really fast if I wanted food. I freaked out and speed read the menu and asked him to point out the easiest/fastest dishes to make so that the kitchen staff could clean up quick.

They ended up giving me a double serving of onion rings for free because quote, "They thought you looked adorable in a complete state of panic at trying to be a considerate human being."

I also got a brownie.

Mrs. Claus is a bitch.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

If you ever find yourself in a restaurant, pub, or bar right before their kitchen closes, you have three options:

1. Decide what you want very fucking fast and order it.

2. Politely forgo food.

3. Politely excuse yourself and find another establishment that is open.

4. Weren't you listening? I told you, you only have THREE options!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          They ended up giving me a double serving of onion rings for free because quote, "They thought you looked adorable in a complete state of panic at trying to be a considerate human being."
          My wife and I were at a pub since it was the only place open to get something to eat. This was before Fast Food places started having the late night hours so we were pretty well screwed.

So we walk in and we ask about getting something to eat. We were told that the kitchen closed in 10 minutes. We looked at each other and said, "Oh. That's ok then. We don't want to bother." and as we were getting up someone who was walking past us asked what we were after.

We said that we just wanted a sandwich or something quick. The guy said "hang on a sec" and went into the kitchen. Guy came out a minute later (turns out he was the head cook) and says "We have Chicken Noodle Soup still and we have enough ham sliced. Would you two like soup and grilled ham and cheese?" We said that it would be lovely and it was. That was some good food.

We were charged for them at normal price, but we were given a buy one meal get one free voucher from the cook who told us "If you think this was good, please come back when our kitchen is at full swing."

It pays to be considerate. I wish more people would remember that.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
            Indeed. Both you and Ambrosia knew your options were limited and instead of becoming demanding EWs, you worked with the kitchen staff and were rewarded with free food!

What does it say about society when what should be normal behavior (politeness and working with others) is so painfully rare that it gets rewarded?

Back OT, Mrs Claus was an absolute bitch. She and Mr Claus have probably been married so long that he's used to her bitchitude and doesn't know better or doesn't care to change the status quo. Sad, really; Mrs Claus is past due for a severe reality check.
            Last edited by XCashier; 01-10-2013, 09:24 PM.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              In the UK, a lot of people leave out a glass of wine and a mince pie - I wonder if he times things to go there last so he's not drinking & driving so much (wonder what the penalty is for "drunk in charge of a sleigh"
              Quoth Nashida View Post
              You reminded me of this song.
              This is what I was thinking of!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIwLeASnkw
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                And it's this very thing finds me getting free drinks from bartenders on a frequent basis, while idiots and asshats....don't.

This is not coincidence.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  In the UK, a lot of people leave out a glass of wine and a mince pie
                  It was sherry and a mince pie for my dad Santa in our house. And a bowl of water for the reindeer.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X