This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Psychotic Fucking Hatreds

Yup, you read the title right and if you can tell me where the title came from, I will personally bake you a brownie. I've seen threads about pet peeves but considering the one I just looked at was closed, I decided to open up my own. And feel free to add to it. I'd be interested in knowing what everyone considers 'major psychotic fucking hatreds'. lol

1. People who leave their trash on the shelves

2. Ask me if I have a game and when I say 'no', they ask 'are you sure?' (Dude, if it's not on the shelf; which I bet they didn't even bother looking, then I'm POSITIVE we don't have it. I will gladly call another store)

3. People who put a higher priced item on a lower priced peg or people who just put the item wherever the fuck they want to

4. People who ask 'do you work here?' when I'm CLEARLY standing BEHIND the counter, wearing my name tag with the STORE NAME on the lanyard around my neck... AND IN THE MIDDLE OF HELPING SOMEONE OR PUTTING A GAME/LAPTOP AWAY IN A LOCKED CASE THAT ONLY EMPLOYEES HAVE KEYS TO! Seriously people, use a fucking brain)

5. People who will come up to the register and, while I'm in the middle of a conversation, completely interrupt me without saying 'excuse me'

6. Someone who will YELL across the department for help. (NOTE: If someone does that, I WILL ignore them until their either a) come closer and speak in with their inside voice or b) get the hint they're being rude and approach me with a different attitude)

7. Someone who comes up to the counter demanding I fix their phone, or demanding I do anything for that matter. (Psst, it usually helps in your favor if you ASK for my help instead of DEMAND it. You're likely to get better results)

8. People who stand in the middle of an aisle and wave me over. (Do I get a Scooby Snack with that?)

9. People who will say I don't know what the hell I'm talking about when I clearly do and they're just ignorant little fucks

10. Stereotypes

11. People treating us like their own personal GPS without having common knowledge to make an effort to LOOK before they give up and ask for help. (Maybe this is just me but I know when I go shopping, I generally try to look for what I want and if I still can't find it, THEN I ask for help. I don't expect employees to be my GPS tracker for me. I have a brain. Then again, why should I expect anything more from 'duh'?)

I know I have more, I just can't think of any off the bat. Like I said, feel free to add some of your own. I'm sure there are other people who have different issues.

12. People who waffle on and on while on the phone to you when all you want to do is get details and tell them what they need to hear and get off the damn phone.

I seriously had one of those this morning. 8 minutes on the phone, and I managed to speak for about 30 seconds of that 8 miinutes. It was like this guy could do what didgeridoo players do, which is breathe in through their noses while breathing out their mouths to play at the same time. It was a little impressive, but damn annoying when trying to help someone else at the same time.
    Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

13. People who leave the small, red stirring sticks on the coffee island, as if someone else is going to use it. Seriously! The trash is RIGHT UNDER YOU. (It is, and there are FOUR of them at the coffee island, plus 3 more along the way to the cashier, PLUS JUST ASKING THE CASHIER. We'd prefer to throw it away for you rather than have our store look messy.)

14. People who squint at the scratch tickets holding up the line while they try to decide which one to buy. This also includes people who ask what number all the tickets are on, if there were any hits previously, etc. and so forth. You're holding up the line for no better reason than superstition - THE WINNING TICKETS ARE ALL COMPLETELY RANDOM! I've seen someone hit $50.00, $100.00, then $50.00 on three consecutive $5.00 tickets. Some on the last and first tickets of a book. STOP HOLDING UP MY LINE AND GIVE ME YOUR MONEY. THEY'RE ALL LOSERS.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Good old George Carlin!

15. People who blame the lowly clerks over prices, selection, laws, etc.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          Good old George Carlin!

15. People who blame the lowly clerks over prices, selection, laws, etc.
          *gives him a freshly made dark fudge brownie*

16. People who get pissed at YOU because they had to wait for a pre-paid phone company service rep to finally get around to answer their phone.

Comment

17. People who call with a complaint and immediately start in with profanity, insults and the attitude that I specifically f*cked up their ad (whether or not I actually took it in the first place). Nothing you can do to fix their problem is good enough.

18. People who laugh when you answer their questions, especially when they are asking about prices. Dude, I'm glad you're so easily amused, but I can do without the stupid sarcastic remarks. No one's forcing you to buy.

19. People who are NEVER WRONG.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

George Carlin. Can you email the brownie? :P
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

20. People who ask "Do you have Mario on (insert game system not made by Nintendo)?" or "Do you have Halo on (insert game system not made by Microsoft)?" or any similar question.

21. People who reply to this question: "What kind of an iPod are you looking for?" with this answer: "One made by Apple."
                Last edited by Mike Taylor; 03-04-2013, 03:07 AM.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  George Carlin. Can you email the brownie? :P
                  I could... but I'm not Gene Roddenberry and therefore haven't been able to figure out how to send ANY sort of food over like that. I'll keep trying though and give you an update.

22. People who say "well, they/he/she told me..." First of all, who is they/he/she? Don't remember? Well, that's probably because no one told you and you're just assuming

23. People who ask for a charger for their phone and you ask them "what kind of phone do you have?" and their response is to tell you the name of their phone's service provider. Well that's nice but that doesn't tell me what kind of charger you need. Do you have your phone with you? No? Would you recognize the charger if you saw it? No? Well sucks to be you. I can't help you if you don't throw me some type of line
                  Last edited by TechieGirl87; 03-04-2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Might want to renumber that.
                    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

24. People who bring food/drinks into stores. Bonus hatred if it's something like popcorn that can get crushed into the carpet, given to misbehaving children, or able to stain the merch.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                        21. People who reply to this question: "What kind of an iPod are you looking for?" with this answer: "One made by Apple."
                        A few years back, I was looking at 2003 Jetta wagons on an online classified, and quite a few ads listed the engine as "4 cylinder". In Canada, the 2003 Jetta wagon was offered with a choice of 3 engines - 2.0 liter normally-aspirated gasoline, 1.8 liter turbocharged gasoline, and 1.9 liter turbocharged diesel. Since all 3 were 4-cylinder engines, the info in the ad was completely useless.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

25. People who leave their spit cup full of tobacco juice for me to clean up.

Someone doing that at the wrong time may trigger a homicidal rampage. Just saying.

SC
                          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

26. People who don't believe me when I say I can only help them if they are in front of the desk and not to the side. This is security policy that has some roots in gaming laws, we must record all transactions on video, and with where the cameras are placed, they can't both see your face and my cash handling at the same time unless you are directly in front of me. This is for your protection as well as mine, if you claim later that I shorted you bonus cash, guess what, they will have to find the video that has both you and my cash in the same shot to prove how much I gave you. Want to claim I didn't post a payment for your room properly, that too requires them to see that video of both you and my cash handling.

27. People who don't read their coupons. If it says that an offer starts at 3am on Monday, guess what, at 2:45am I aint giving you the offer, come back in 15 minutes.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

28. People who actively get in the way in an emergency situation.

Lookie-loos are pet peeves. Getting in the way is psychotic hatred.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X