Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds of back when I worked corp tech support for a large pharma co. I got a call that went like this:

Me: LPC Research Labs support, how can I help you?
    Her: Help! There's a little man stuck in my computer!
    Me: Excuse me?!
    Her: There's little man stuck inside my computer, and he's yelling to get out!
    Me: (convinced it's a prank, which happened sometimes, but plays along a bit to be sure). What exactly is the noise you are hearing? Does it sound like a fan grinding against something?
    Her: No. I hear a "tap tap tap", and someone yelling to get out of the computer!
    Me: Ma'am can you please hold your phone up to the computer so i can hear it?
    Her: *holds up phone to computer*
    Computer: *tap tap tap* (in a high pitched voice) help! let me out! I'm stuck in the computer! *tap tap tap* let me out! help! *tap tap tap*
    Me: *starts dying of laughter*
    Her: See! It sounds like someone is stuck in the computer! It keeps going "tap tap tap let me out!"
    Me: *continues to die of laughter as I log onto her machine and find the offending e-mail with the autplay wav*

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      I'll see your tarrasque and raise you one gazebo.
      Would that be the dread gazebo?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
        Actually I predicted that most people would be using touchscreen monitors regularly by now. ...
        It takes a while to implement a paradigm shift. Getting people away from the keyboard/mouse mentality will take a while. Heck, getting people used to using a computer is still in process. Products like the iPhone and POS systems are a good start. I wouldn't be surprised that as interfaces get updated, the designers/coders will make them both touch and mouse friendly.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Would that be the dread gazebo?
          The same ^_^

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Reminds me of a hole I found in AD&D's implementation of psionics... We weren't allowed to use psionics after that.
          Saying there's "a" hole in ANY of D&D''s implementations of psionics is like saying there's "a" dumbass planning to call Gravekeeper this week. I refuse to allow them in any of the games I ran. (I would like to start GMing again some day tho)
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Saying there's "a" hole in ANY of D&D''s implementations of psionics is like saying there's "a" dumbass planning to call Gravekeeper this week.
            I know, but it was a hole of my very own, and I was only like 12 or 14 at the time, so I felt very proud
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Magister Quis View Post
              Getting people away from the keyboard/mouse mentality will take a while.
              What, you want everyone to be spending more time cleaning all those smudges off from their grubby little fingertips?
              No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                And I'll see your gazebo and raise you a head of Vecna.
                Bah. My Sword of Gith will deal with your Vecna head any day.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I see your Sword of Gith and raise you a Pun-Pun
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                    "Computer? Computer?

Ah, a keyboard. How quaint."
                    Thank you, Scotty. Three to beam up.

I can't believe it took me this long to catch this one. I was involved in one of the OTHER tangents in this thread.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                      I see your Sword of Gith and raise you a Pun-Pun
                      *wanders in as a kender and borrows everything...including the tarrasque and the stats from pun-pun then wanders off looking at shiny stuff*

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Thank you, Scotty. Three to beam up.

I can't believe it took me this long to catch this one. I was involved in one of the OTHER tangents in this thread.
                        Hee hee. I knew someone would get it, if it wasn't overlooked because everyone was having so much fun with the other.

Although my husband wants a Touchsmart when we get a new laptop, since it's cheaper than buying him a decent tablet at that size. (And by "decent" I mean "shiny new toy" )
                        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                        X