X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth underemployeed View Post
    And some chainsaws say, "do not stop with hands, feet and/or genitals"
    And some Superman costumes say "does not enable the wearer to fly"

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
      And some Superman costumes say "does not enable the wearer to fly"
      Wait. Shouldn't that be on the Greatest American Hero costume?

(I am so totally dating myself )

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
        How do you split the check at the end of dinner?
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
          How do you split the check at the end of dinner?
          Why, straight down the center, of course.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wait. Shouldn't that be on the Greatest American Hero costume?

Nah, he flew fine; it was the landing he had trouble with. He lost the instruction manual before he read that far, you see.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Nah, he flew fine; it was the landing he had trouble with. He lost the instruction manual before he read that far, you see.
              Well, he needed a kid to tell him how to do the getting off the ground part, too, and even then, he still had some issues.

But I was talking more about how the suit is what gave him the powers, unlike with Superman, who was born that way.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Amadan View Post
                Mind have you never seen a packet of peanut M&Ms - "Warning may contain nuts".
                Well...peanuts aren't nuts ^_^ But they ARE frequently processed in the same factories as actual nuts, and many people have allergy issues with one or the other. I can see a warning like that at least *technically* making sense. The ones that say the same exact thing on tins of MIXED NUTS -- like cashews, walnuts, and the like? Uh-uh. No excuse there. Then again, I expect they agree about how stupid it is, and have no choice in the matter

It's right up there with the "do not sleep in" signs on dumpsters and cardboard compactors that can squeeze over a TON of the stuff down to a 5-foot high bundle, or the flimsy plastic paint tray on a ladder that says "not a seat" >_<

People have done these things, apparently. Often. Sad.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

But I was talking more about how the suit is what gave him the powers, unlike with Superman, who was born that way.
                  It's worse than you thought.

The warning was on a BATMAN cape.

I could understand some imbecile thinking that a Superman costume could give him the ability to fly in any direction other than straight down, but Batman can't fly to begin with...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                    I could understand some imbecile thinking that a Superman costume could give him the ability to fly in any direction other than straight down, but Batman can't fly to begin with...
                    Actually, that depends on his cape.

While technically he can't actually fly, he does have glider capes, and I could totally see someone who wasn't quite all there, or was otherwise just an idiot thinking that they could do the same thing with a costume.

^-.-^

Comment

As far as the peanut thing... I remember a few years ago I bought a jar of peanuts that were clearly labeled PEANUTS, and even had the peanut guy with the top hat, cane, and monocle on it too and a warning label. Warning: Contains PEANUTS. Really?? You mean there's PEANUTS in a jar of PEANUTS?

Comment

Quoth Amadan View Post
                        Mind have you never seen a packet of peanut M&Ms - "Warning may contain nuts".
                        Oh I found that on the first page of a Terry Pratchett novel... and indeed, I found all sorts of nuts
                        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That's a particular type of sink plug, which can let the water out while still catching vegetable bits, and those can then be tipped out without having to root around in the drain.

Instructions for fitting it would potentially involve removing the original drain fitting and replacing it with one that exactly fits the new plug - which is a borderline plumber job (it's easy enough if there are screw fittings and a bit of DIY know-how). With a standard drain fitting, there's nowhere for the catch and it wouldn't seal properly.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                            With a standard drain fitting, there's nowhere for the catch and it wouldn't seal properly.
                            It sounds to me like the people who make the sink plug are also in the drain fitting business...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                            X