Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 2 cents. A key logger basicly will give you a copy of whatever is typed. e.g lots of text and hard for non teky Bose to sift through. yes some do add useful information but at school to monitor the staff room pc's we found a better solution is VNC in particular realvnc. on this web page is a youtube vid of how to set it up just for your situation. http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-mo...al-vnc-321036/ the vid is not the best but will let you do what you need.

this way you can take screen shots as evidence of misuse.

Comment

keylogger isnt really what you need
      what you need is software that lets you remotely view what they're doing.

the quick and dirty one is dameware
      but the other person can tell the mouse is being moved etc.

so you'll need something like that

Comment

of course there's a really easy way to do this without scanning her.

just block facebook via the IP address
        i mean it's not like it's a work-related tool

same for the other networking sites.

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
          We can't block FB or similar sites because there are times we legitimately use them for research.
          Quoth PepperElf View Post
          just block facebook via the IP address
          i mean it's not like it's a work-related tool
          It apparently is for JB's workplace.

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
            One of our now ex employees taught her how to clear her IM and internet history which is why the boss wants desktop monitoring or key logging...
            Is there any way for you to schedule frequent backups of her computer at frequent times during the day? This could be used to back up her internet history before she gets a chance to erase it.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Is there any way for you to schedule frequent backups of her computer at frequent times during the day? This could be used to back up her internet history before she gets a chance to erase it.
              Since the user in question has legitimate work uses for facebook, the internet history won't be as useful, unless you can track when she should be doing work involving it. It really would be easier to tell the if the user is screwing around or working with the VNC or other "snoop" methods that view the screen remotely.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I talked to boss and we're going with this:
                http://www.softactivity.com/employee-monitoring.asp
                I would love to not have to babysit an employee and check what they're working on, but it's not always just "oh fire X". You have to make sure that you have someone able to step into that spot and I sure as hell don't want to have to answer the phones with everything else on my plate.

Thanks for all the advice I'll let you know if anything happens!
                A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Working...
                X