This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
    I think they called to have the show done thinking that Mr. Ramsay would yell at the staff and customers and blame them for the horrible buisness, that they never actually thought that they would get told that it's all their fault. I'm glad they can't have kids because if they did they would've lived terrible lives.
    That's what it sounds like. Though to quoth Hubs: "Have they never seen an episode of Kitchen Nightmares before?!"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm partial to this gif, myself.

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

yeah, that's what I think too. I rewatched the opening and crazy lady amy said that GR would tell everyone that her food was good.

guess it really hit a nerve when he hated it. i mean seriously, WHO likes burgers that squirt out when you pick them up? i guess she thought he ordered a soup-sandwich?

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
        O yes! that's my fav.

What is it from?

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          So there's a petition going around to have the servers compensated.

https://www.change.org/petitions/the...-scottsdale-az
          Signed it.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

They say they are going to reopen on Tuesday and have a press conference before. They want to diners to see that they were right not Ramsey. I can't wait to see the press conference.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...media-meltdown

Comment

Either they're going to put on a big happy show for everybody or they're going to stay batshit crazy, I know no one else said this but I know all the employees that were shown on the show were fired. Also is it wrong of me to want the place to burn down?
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                Either they're going to put on a big happy show for everybody or they're going to stay batshit crazy, I know no one else said this but I know all the employees that were shown on the show were fired. Also is it wrong of me to want the place to burn down?
                Given what we've seen of them so far, I'd say they're going to put on a "one big happy family" act under the assumption that we the unwashed public are way too stupid to remember more than 5 minutes in the past. And thus we won't remember the show, or the fallout following the show, or ....

Even in today's economy, I'll be amazed if they manage to hire anybody, given that people now know what to expect if they work for these two trolls. And then it'll be interesting watching them try to run a business with just the two of them.

Hope people in the area keep us updated on this. This is a train wreck that's going to end with a helluva big smash.

Comment

Dear God, this has made Buckyville. Now I know it's big.

Warning: some NSFW pictures
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Now there's a Facebook page for Amy's 3 cats, it's pretty funny.

https://m.facebook.com/#!/amyscats.m...00001899963713
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Their official FB claims that they're going to reopen on 21May13.

They claim customers can decide who was right - Amy/Samy or GR. HOWEVER they're picking and choosing who gets to go in - customers have to email for reservations. So... I suspect they're going to try to hand-pick the crowd to only be people who will agree with them.

Cos remember, when Amy was prepping for GR to show up, she said he was going to prove her right, that her food was good. Since that failed, they're apparently trying to stage a "see everyone who came here liked our food!" event... just ignore the fact that they pick who gets to actually BE a customer.

is it bad that I'm wondering how far they'll go to fix the results?
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 05-16-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

They claim customers can decide who was right - Amy/Samy or GR. HOWEVER they're picking and choosing who gets to go in - customers have to email for reservations. So... I suspect they're going to try to hand-pick the crowd to only be people who will agree with them.
                        I can see that going wrong SO easily.

Given that words don't necessarily translate into deviousness, someone could write a very polite and supportive email, show up and them rip them a new one.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I suspect they're going to investigate the guests first. Maybe not EVERYONE who applies, but when they get it down to a short list I wouldn't be surprised if they paid to have everyone vetted, and then culled the number down from there.

best results money can stage, right?

Comment

"That person who burst out our door, projectile vomiting, was never our customer."
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                              In general, I absolutely hate Gordon Ramsay. I'm not impressed with his cooking (caveat: I've neveer eaten it, but his recipes and what I've seen just don't appeal to me) and anyone that thinks that motivation has to include screaming and harassment really needs a cricket bat upside the head.
                              Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                              Don't know about his cooking, as I, too, have never eaten it, but you can tell that he does know what he's doing as he explains how ingredients come together. He just likes different things.
                              I went to York & Albany (in London) a couple years ago, and was thoroughly impressed with the food and service. But then, I'm a horrible vegetarian, and love offal, so his menu was perfect for me. The fois gras was perfectly cooked.

Honestly, from what I've read about him, he's no worse than any other chef I've encountered. The good ones are perfectionists, and demand perfection from everyone around them. They insist on recipes being followed precisely, and don't let anyone get away with laziness.

I could never work in a kitchen. I thought about it for a while, but realized that I just don't have the personality for it.

Comment

and no wonder they are fuming about reddit. The server they fired on air is apparently on there talking about her ordeal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...m_amys_baking/

never made tips, worked less than a month, talked about the fiasco on the first night, doesn't think amy baked the stuff either (how could she bake that well when everything else was so bland, right?), and said that samy apparently said she'd always have a job there (though i doubt amy would let him), and that customers may have "exaggerated a bit in an attempt to be on TV" but other than that everything else was NOT overdramatized.

o my.

Comment

Working...
                                X