This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Child Rum:

I know your underwear is pretty. But it's pretty for YOU to look at and YOU to know about, not everyone else. Listen to your Mommy, okay?

Another mommy

Dear Rummy:

You know, she has a point. Why do they make underwear so pretty when it's not meant to be shared?

Mommy of a little girl who also used to show off her "pretties"
    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

• Dear persephone,

You know, I never thought about that before.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get her to 1. stop pulling down her pants/underwear before getting into the bathroom (which she does both at school & home, but never anywhere else), and 2. that running around the house naked might be a nice thing to do, but not to go out the front door like that.

I think I know where I've been getting all this grey hair I have.

Glad to have another mommy who understands,
      Rummy

Comment

• Dear Rummy

I agree, why make undies pretty if only you can see them? Maybe try and make it a secret that only you and her share...
        I actually can't remember if I was in the habit of flashing my undies as a kidlet...probably coz I only had the plain white ones, which aren't terribly interesting.

Love,
        Rads
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear Rads,

I just can't help but think that Karma is getting back at me from when I was younger. Between the ages of about 4 1/2 and 6, I was the "Hand Stand Queen of my level".(Quick Note: My dad was in the American Air Force, but was stationed in England and we ended up living in Banbury and I went to the local English school instead of the school on the Air Base). We didn't have uniforms per se, but girls wore dresses all the time. And I was really good at doing handstands. And I do remember having lots of "boyfriends" at that time.

Rummy
          The Mummy of a free-spirited little girl
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Dear Phlebotomist at Quest Diagnostics,

You rawk! After 10 glasses of water, you were able to find my vein in just one poke! Three tubes later and I was out like a flash. From now on, if I need blood work, I'll just tell my doc to write me an order so I can see y'all.

No longer a pin cushion,
          Rummy
          Last edited by CaroPhoenix; 05-15-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Dear K,

Just a small irritation. I can understand why you needed it, and how you couldn't make it happen yourself. I also understand the fact that the 13th is just another day to you, and given the above, I also understand why some things were not forthcoming. I can even understand about the other people and why I'm disposable at the moment.

What I don't understand is why you couldn't even do the one small thing I asked, just for my peace of mind. Sure, perhaps I didn't ought to attach conditions - a good deed should be its own reward, but I only wanted to know when it turned up. It's not exactly asking you to stage another great train robbery, when literally two words on Facebook would have done the job.

And not so much as a thank you is a little irksome, but I'll forgive you given what you're working on right now.

Yours,
            A

Dear people of CS,

Please accept some hugs, positive vibes, cups of tea and chocolate. I seem to have an abundance of them.

Yours,
            A
            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

• Dear cell phone battery,

You suck long and hard. And NOT in a good way.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

--me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear future in-laws,

Why the hell can't you give something close to a solid date as to when you're coming out here? I have plans to make, you know. And I want to go back to NJ for a visit, and it would suck for you if you came out here while I was out there.

And for the love of...whatever...don't just tell the man of the household things. He has a slight memory problem, remember? If he didn't let slip a few weeks ago that you were planning for July, I wouldn't know that. If I wasn't in the same room as him when he's talking to you today, I wouldn't know that you're now thinking of August.

I need to know these things too, you know.

Not best pleased,

your WI "daughter"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear MOTHâ„¢,

Don't put words into my mouth. Especially when talking to your parents...and when I'm right next to you.

You think I'm not listening to you misrepresenting what I'm saying to try to help you and them?

Being driven to drink,

me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear S,

I know you're in a bad mood for whatever reason. However, I ask that you don't take it out on me.

Staying out of firing range,

Becky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Lizziebeff,

Today will be fun.

Love,

Becks
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Ex-husband whom I was just RECENTLY getting civil with again, (but am no longer):

DIAF. I recently heard you're moving two blocks away from me. I feel sorry for your new GF. I met her and liked her, and she deserves better than you. She'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Dear Ex-fiance, who was my best friend in the ENTIRE world (until recently):

You can also DIAF. SIX years of this back-and-forth bullshit is ENOUGH. I'm done. I've blocked you via text, phone and email - yet you still persist in finding ways of reaching me. You had your chance. You should have made things right with me YEARS ago. Must be exhausting to lose at your own game.

Dear Grace-of-Higher Power:

Thank you for the recent enlightening and eye-opening you've provided me with regarding certain people in my life. Particularly the ones above. It's been a LONG time coming!!

Dear fellow CS'ers:

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I rarely talk about personal stuff on here, but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's very theraputic, so THANKS!
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• Dear Becks--

The first part of today was fun.

--Sunshine
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear Becks--

The second part rocked, too.

--Sunshine
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear Lizziebeff,

I'm glad you had fun.

Love,

Becks
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear spider kind,

The food is better outside. I have relocated two of you outside in the past few days. Please stay outside.

--me

Dear ants,

Do stay away. I have peppermint to convince you to do so.

(fun fact: certain ant kinds do not like the smell of peppermint oil. But it's bad for cats too.)

--me
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• 'Dear' Cleaning Company,

I know it's dusty in here, which is why we hire you guys to come in and clean up once a week (incidentally, thanks for doing my desk, I didn't realize how bad it had gotten). But we bought that vacuum for you guys to keep down on the dust. Do you have to insist on sweeping everything kicking up so much dust I can literally taste it?

Other than that, good job.

Signed,

The guy who always seems to be in your way.

Comment

• Dear so-called friend,
                            I'm hurt, I really am. I found out that you were in Salt Lake hanging out this weekend not by you calling, or texting, or emailing, or even writing on my fucking facebook wall to let me know you were going to be in town, but by seeing the pictures you posted on your facebook page... one even with a note mentioning that you'd have loved for more friends to have been there. Well fuck you, all you had to do to get at least one more person was pick up the phone, you were 15 minutes away from my house. It seems odd that every other week or so you ask when the next time I'll be in Logan will be, but don't think it would be appropriate to let me know when you are coming to Salt Lake. The last person who did that to me was my father's mother... congratulations, you are now as considerate as a registered member of the nazi party.

sincerely,
                            obviously someone who cares more for you than you care for me

Dear real friends.
                            thank you for always being there. you'll never know just how much you mean to me.

sincerely,
                            someone who doesn't treat you nearly as well as you deserve
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Dear Rain,

Why the hell can't you show up on the days that I work??? For the last month, every day off that I have had it has rained and I can't go outside and I can't get things that I need to do done. I can't take it anymore. Rain on my damn work days please???

Soggily,

Meow

Dear Sun,

Come back Please.

Missing you,

Meow

Comment

• Dear Shpepper,

I'll trade you. It is too hot here. Sunshine is great, but I am melting. Bah.

--RP
                                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                                -----
                                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                                X