Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blarg.
    I apologize for not being that engaged lately; between school, a guest, Dark Heresy (which I have... ontological problems with the setting-- my character does not! Truly, this is making me grow as a player of roles) and being not 100 percent, I've been absorbed. Self-absorbed, even.
    Anyway. To Supering!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• What's Dark Heresy?
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_Roleplay
        Far flung future, Humanity at war, Gothic, with peak-level Medieval Catholicism-- only with a God-Emperor as the Ultimate Paragon of Humanity (the human form is considered Holy... stuff goes from there, thus the skull motifs and hatred of mutants, heretics, and the unclean).
        "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
        "Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."
        "Hatred is the Emperor's greatest gift to humanity."
        --------
        thus my ontology. Very much against the grain for me; but fuck if it's not stylish.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Ohh, okay. My brother always played Space Marines when he was into 40K. So not completely familiar with the Inquisitors.

But, hey, just think: you're playing the thoughts of a typical medieval person. Just...hyperbolized a little.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Yeah. Mine is a Sororitas, so she's already got the rabid "How dare you try to take my Ring from me you can't make me!" down. (It's the one that means, like all nuns, she's married to God. ) That came up because we need to go undercover into a mining planet/facility.
            EDIT: I am a space bitch. (she's void-born, and all Sororitas are bitches and set shit on fire as soon as look at it.)
            yet another edit:
            http://tomdohm.wordpress.com/category/wh40k-roleplay/
            Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 05-29-2011, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like fun actually ^__^

Course, I'd really love to do a Deadlands game which has similar motifs in some parts. Or a Game of Thrones game. I like the weird stuff.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• *sigh* my bf loves Game of Thrones. He has the rp book, but we have so much stuff we want to play after Dark Heresy and Hunter the Vigil (like Ascension/Rouge Trader, L5R, Exalted, yet another EK game, Eberron... I had finally made the ElfNecromancerGothchickZen connection and Scott was all "YEAHHHHH~" about it... so I get to play a Good necromancer hot-elf-goth! ) so many games... only two nights a week!
                EDIT: B-cups of Beauty instead of D-cups of Justice (Eberron vs. Exalted) I love being a gamer chick!
                (personally, I have A-cups of Awesome. )
                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 05-29-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• I also have A-cups of Awesome.

And the GoT RP book. But I'm the only one of my friends to have any exposure to the books. And I've never been able to get my hands on the second (been trying to read them from the library instead of buy them. Hasn't worked at all).

And a good necromancer? I want to know how that one works!
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberron
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerenal#Aerenal
                    Elves are ancestor-worshipers, and when they die they go to the Undying Court. There's more I'm forgetting too. Blah.

Comment

• Neat! I think I have a new setting to bug Kabe about.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Rather large (ish) Update incoming. Or not, lol..thought it would be a bit larger then this, then realized that there would be nobody to SEE the pod come through a wall. As it didn't happen in the medical room.
                        Last edited by Mytical; 05-30-2011, 04:02 AM.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• And...Kate's a bit naive. Oh well.

But...*squeals* COWBOY!!!!
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Lol..just wait..there is more for Kate. Update incoming.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Eeeee cowboy! First new power(s), then this! Having fun, Khel?

Comment

• Lol, closest I could come to describing the look from the movie "Van Helsing". Stalker is .. odd. Yes..the spirit is absolutely powerless, even if very knowledgable.

Comment

Working...
                                X