Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samantha shakes her head and starts backing up. "No no no no no. Get behind me!." She yells, thick shaggy fur already appearing over her clothes.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Rob's going to try and move them over and find a piece of solid roof to sit on, then start scanning the area with his EM sense again, not quite trusting his powers to carry them out right now. That leaves trying to contact Alex again and waiting for Alexis to wake up.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Thelassa stared for a moment, suddenly reminded of some terrible movie she saw once where the villain (some big guy who could make ice) had henchmen who ran around on ice skates and carried hockey sticks. If it weren't for everything else she'd seen since she came to Section 3, she wouldn't have believed her eyes.

"Vell," she said, lifting off the ground and beginning to gather what she needed from the air, "at least ve vill not be getting bored on zhis mission, no?"
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Dele smirks and nods to the technomage. "Knew there was a reason we kept you around, J.V.," he cracks, as he draws out an industrial tool just perfect for removing bolts like the pod's. He finds a second one inside and tosses it to Ananda as he sets to work removing the bolts on one side of the pod.

"Just keep your eyes peeled, Whisper, yeah?" Dele adds, as he works. "I don't want ol' Smokey sneaking up on me whilst I'm distracted."
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Giza
            He picks what is probably a helicopter retreating in the distance, there is another EM signature, which is a good guess is one of the pods. Nobody the size of Quake, but if he fully transformed back into human that is not a surprise. Alexis is waking up finally, and holds her head.

"What the heck hit me? Didn't know tanks could fit in pyramids." Since she was hit from behind, she has no way of knowing it was Quake.

Canada
            Frost nods. "We have to keep them away from Blaze, give her time to finish. I suspect that fluid is one of the anti-mutant things..I think they picked the wrong location and weapon style though." Several sections of the ice starts shaking and shuddering..and forming into little spiked ice gremlin forms. Who take off toward the skaters, forming a barrier between you, your group, and the skaters. You notice that they are slowly growing larger. "Just need to buy time." she grins and draws her sword. Forming skates made of ice on her feet..she takes up a place as near to Blaze as she dares.

Amazon
            Stone spikes form from the holes, you notice the tips are purple for some reason. They don't fire immediately, and you hear some clicks as if something is trying to launch them, but is failing .. for now.

Lost Island
            Well no humans visit..but there is something odd..Whisper alerts you telepathically. "I am not sure, but um I think those vines are moving.."

Johnny suddenly asks. "Hey..if the AML was here, and took the others..why did they leave her?"
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ananda, having thought the pod itself was loose, starts when the tool is tossed at her. "Ack!" She fumbles, then recovers; and then gets to work, kneeling.
              When Whisper mentions the vines, Ananda pops up, standing, and looks-- ready to get smacked with something, brandishing the tool. ... And Johnny's comment does not help.
              "And where did they go?... and what with?" she mutters loudly, peering ever closer-- despite a nearly screaming voice in her head ((LOL)) telling her to stay the hell back.
              This would really suck if it exploded.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Sure enough vines are creeping toward the group..but Whisper was only partially right..the vines are not quite...alone. Vermin are coming through holes in the walls of all sorts. From the sounds outside larger animals are converging also. Johnny suddenly looks nervous. "Shoot, need to start a quick defensive spell, which will slow me down on the moving spell. I see plants and animals, if insects start joining..we are going going to be in trouble."
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "What?" She looks around in confusion, but takes out her gun anyway. Not that it'd be of much use against rats... but...
                  She scoots next to Daniel, then motions him and Whisper over to Johnny.
                  "Do... you think she's doing it? Do we take her or not?"
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Sam, don't let those things touch you." Kate tries to tug her friend back a bit before they have a chance to fire.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Island

In your mind comes Whispers soft voice. "No, she is not..or not consciously. I think though that it may be like an automatic defense."

Amazon
                      You pull her back just in time to make the spikes miss, new ones grow, but do not fire..you must be out of range to trigger them.

Comment

• "Um...I don't think we need to get close to the statues."
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda looks at the various beasites and crawlies coming into the (abandoned?) warehouse. Were they aggressive? Would they...
                          DUH. "Whisper!" Ananda turns to the blond ((right?)) girl. "Can you talk to her? Would she hear you? ... Well, for values of talk and hear-- communicate! Understand?" Ananda looks a little flustered, like when her words get mixed up-- usually when she's excited. In this case, it might not be for any reason.
                          ((other than her player harassing her ))

Comment

• Whisper shakes her head "I can hear her, but she is to far under to hear me. She is a gentle soul, and fears that anybody trying to move the pod means her harm. These creatures and plants will not harm us, if we stop messing with the pod."

About that time Johnny manages to cast 'Ring of Fire',which blocks the animals and plants for now, but they seem to be getting more and more agitated by the moment.

Comment

• She smiled. She definitely liked the way Frost thought. For that matter, though she didn't consider anyone a "friend," she definitely liked these two. "Da," she said,"ve shall give Miss Blaze time she needs to finish."

Rising higher above them, she focused her attention on their opponents. Not wanting to interfere with Frost's creations, she channeled her energy and blasted several of the skaters in the rear of the group with a sudden powerful gust of wind, slamming them up against the wall separating the rink from the seating. She could tell from the splatter of green fluid that at least one of the backpacks had broken. Then, taking a cue from Frost, she decided she might as well try something new as several crackling bluish-white lines of electricity ran down her arm and extending about three feet down past her hand, forming a ball of lightning at the end of a "chain."

Thelassa cracked the electrical flail in the air like a whip. "Now," she said, lowering herself to only a few inches above the ground, "who is vanting some?"
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• A few do manage to force their way through the now midsized ice gremlins, and one even manages to spray Frost..which makes the gremlins revert to their original state as ice on the pod. This frees up more, and they charge Frost. She takes a stance, now able to get much closer to Blaze (and the section of the floor that no longer has ice on it around her) and begins to swing her swords expertly. Apparently her martial skill is not mutation based. Blaze is almost finished, but all that stands between the two of them and the goons is Thelassa.

Comment

Working...
                                X