Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was not until the item was safely stored that Ted dared relax. Even then he found Artie as soon as possible. "Think I may be too high strung." He chuckles. "Or too paranoid for this. Kept expecting to be jumped or knocked out. Speaking of which, some flight goer will have a nice snack and drink on the house." He shrugs. "Maybe I should be in research or something instead." He sits with a thud. "Just was..too easy you know. Waited for the other shoe to drop."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• **TED**

Artie chuckles as he hears ted, "a healthy bit of paranoia is normal around here. Some people don't realize the trouble artifacts that get loose...reminds me of a case not to long ago, where a man stole a box of artifacts from someone and they got scattered all over town.... Josiah should be back later today, Samara is having to stay over night in chicago."
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• ((Not knowing of any trouble))

Ted nods. "A bit of r and r will do our super agent some good. Fully expected to have to have her save my hide."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• **TED**

"More like enforced r and r, she got stabed....she'll live, but I'll bet money right now she'll be a pain soon as she gets back."

He turns back to his desk after slapping a $20 bill on the table.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Ted blinks "Stabbed?! Wait what?!" Then as an afterthought.."What's with the $20."

Comment

• **TED**

"The bet...mark my words that woman will make sure she does everything on her own even if she'd told bed rest..."

((Bed time for me and Tyger, early morning tomorrow))

Comment

• Josiah went to the hospital and wound up having to flash his brand new badge at the nurse to get any word on Sam's condition.
                "Sorry, Agent Webley, your partner just got into the O.R. suite. If you'll wait 45 minutes?"
                While he waited, he raided a triage room, swiping two rolls of cloth medical tape. Slipping back to the Nurse's Station, he requested arm-cuff crutches when informed Sam was resting, but would need crutches. Then, he asked a battery of questions that got him a resident's attentions.
                "You are cannot to be checking the young woman out, Agent Webley," the East Indian man said.
                Josiah glared at the guy. "Look, Mujubar! Do you see this badge?! This badge says I can protect the President who gave you the free education you received at the expense of MY tax dollars! This badge says I outrank even my RN mother! This badge says I am checking my partner out of this hospital and taking her HOME!! ARE THAT TO BE CLEAR?!"
                Josiah backed off, leaving the resident standing there, terrified. Storming into the Recovery Room, Josiah found Sam conscious, but a little loopy, and being checked on by a tall, attractive, red-headed doctor.
                "Hi, you are..." the doctor asked.
                "Hello, *ahem*... I'm Secret Service Agent Munch, Agent Samara Benson's partner. Yeah, we get the 'Aren't you guys supposed the filming Law and Order?' question all the time. Look, Director Sullivan is demanding he debrief us on this case immediately, Doctor...?"
                "Doctor Corleone, and yes, I know about wisecracks. However, unless you can p-- oh."
                Josiah had simply opened his badge about waist high. "Doctor Corleone, I'm sorry, but we're expected in the Director's office in the morning."

In the car, Josiah strapped Sam in, checked the medical tape-wrapped canister for the 25th time, then started the long drive home. Gallons of coffee and dozens of Hardee's burgers later, Josiah and Sam stumbled through the door of Lena's.

Comment

• **J AND S**

Samara comes hobbling through the door first grumbling. "6 weeks....SIX WEEKS!!! I can't belive this....amd the doctors said my blood pressure is to high....well DUH I hate hospitals....to many leeches....and pills.....I meant pills....why is the room spinning?"

She hobbles over to the couch flopping down placing her crutches near her, leans her head back against the couch and closes her eyes.

Comment

• "Please," Josiah snarked. "They quit using leeches when Artie was born."
                    He draped a blanket over her after retrieving her overnight bag, then left for the warehouse.
                    Slamming the medical tape-secured canister on the desk, Josiah said angrily, "Dark Vault. Darkest. Corner. Good friggin' night." His peace said, Josiah turned on his heel and stormed out.
                    At Artie's objection, Josiah shouted in the umbilical, "DARKEST! CORNER!"
                    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 08-08-2012, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Josiah comes back to Leena's to find samara napping on the couch, she stirs slightly as he enters the house though.

"Hey...I didn't get a chance earlier....thanks. Must be getting sloppy in my old age."

Comment

• Josiah smiled, "Hey, if you can't trust the warehouse Agent beside you to watch your back, you're screwed from get-go."
                        Josiah checked his watch, then handed Sam a little pink pill and a glass of water. "Here. Swallow this. Then I'm going to bed."

Comment

• A few days pass with it being fairly quiet on the home front, well...besides samara complaining about being laid up and being stuck on research duty.

One morning a few days later, as Ted and Josiah come down for breakfast as normal, Samara is eating her usual 6 plates of breakfast, with the coffee pot plugged in within easy reach.

"Got a find for you boys if your interested?"

Comment

• "Okay, sweet." So saying, Josiah pounced on the coffee, and found it empty, again.
                            "That's IT! I've had it," he shouted, grabbed the keys and was gone.
                            Ten minutes later, Ted's cellphone rang. "Ted, I'm on my way to White Feather after a damn Keurig coffee maker. Tell Sam and Leena I am tired of there never being even a 1/4 cup of coffee for me! You have a preferred flavor?"

Comment

• Ted passes on the information. "So what do you have for us?"

Comment

• "Seems theres a comedien, thats suddenly rising to fame....but theres been a few deaths associated with him. He swears hes innocent, and all the autopies reveal they died of heart attacks."

She takes a sip of her coffee, "and when will Josiah learn that this pot is an artifact? its always empty till you tilt it and more coffee pours out....go ahead pour yourself a cup."

Comment

Working...
                                X