Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as Josiah leaves the building he sees Ted speaking with a young woman and shes laughing at something Ted apperently just said, ".......and then....and then she just turned to me covered in neutralizer goo and said 'well....that was fun can we do it again?'"
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Ted laughs and stands up once he sees Josiah. "Thank goodness that is over, oh .." Turns back to the woman "Did Artie or anybody turn anything up about that bell?"
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• ((I'll answer this for her, Agent's name subject to change in case someone decides differently.))

"Only bell I know of is Mrs O'leary's bell that started the Chicago fire, Artie didn't have time to brief me much, Care to fill me in?"

She turns and extends a hand to Josiah, "I'm Agent Alexandra from America's Junk Drawer, Samara and I were....ARE partners, I was just on vacation."
        Last edited by Sarlon; 08-29-2012, 07:54 PM. Reason: ...shoulda looked at new character in the off topic ><
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Doubt it is that one, this one seems to make people laugh and some die of heart attacks." He fills her in as much as he can.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah nods, then points at Ted. "YOU, Professor, NEED a lesson on how to surf the damn 'Net. I am NOT a hacker; nor am I a techie! I am simply a guy who researches conspiracy theories. Now.
            "Can we go back to the hotel, please?"

Comment

• Ted nods to Josiah. "True." He shrugs, he decides then not to pursue the issue. Having the best person for a job do a job is not worth the headache. He figures the next time Josiah needs some research for a obscure language or something, he can always inform him that he can use a card catalog also. "Lets get back to the hotel."

Comment

• Back at the MGM Grand, Josiah got onto the 'net and began searching.

Twenty floors below, however, during Larson's third show of the night, two women laughed themselves to death.

Comment

• The report came from Artie, and Josiah waved Ted and "the new girl" out the door.
                  "Check with Security first, meanwhile, I have to find the connection. Go, go."

Ten hours later, Josiah leaned back and rubbed his eyes. "Gods this is starting to kill." He paused, looked slowly at the computer screen.
                  Tap, tap, tap, tap.

Bingo.

Comment

• Ted's cellphone rang.
                    Josiah chattered, "Ciriaco Guggeliametti! He was an Italian refugee from World War Two who came to visit relatives in Philadelphia, PA, just before Mussollini took over.
                    "Look, Professor, just lemme explain further, and you'll understand!
                    "Anyroad, Ciriaco bought a 1/10th working replica of the Liberty Bell, complete with twine and oak hanger (haven't made 'em like that since 1949) just before he went and saw the famous comedy duo of Abbott and Costello do their now-famous routine, "Who's on First?"
                    "Ciriaco loved the act so much --acording to his first and soon-divorced wife-- that he took up comedy. Unfortunately he was so BAD at it that he was booed off the stage every night, according to his long-suffering daughter.
                    "Then, get this, during his "Iron Bell" act in 1951, somebody threw a steel-toe boot at him to get Ciriaco off the stage. The offensive shoe struck him in the head, and he died of a brain hemorrhage about an hour later, still clutching the bell!"
                    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 09-05-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Ted nodded "Ok so we know what, and how. Time to bag and tag it. Next set with this guy I will cause a distraction, you can grab the bell and bag it. Or would you rather be the one who causes the distraction?"

Comment

• Josiah agreed, "Okay, tonight. Larson's first set is... after the 8pm show. I'll pay another visit to Lieutenant Tibbs of the LVPD. Meanwhile, I'm getting some sleep as I have been up for nearly 30 hours straight."
                        He hung up, placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign out then collapsed into bed.

Comment

• The night shift was coming in, and it was time to go ho- "Hey, Lieutentant? You have a phone call; Park Three."

"Lieutenant Jethro Tibbs."

"It's Agent Weble- Don'tHangUpOnMe! Ineedyourhelp!"
                          There was a long silence, but Josiah didn't hear the click then dial tone, indicating at least that the man is listening.
                          "Homeland wants me to snag the bell tonight. I'm... okay, I have two plainclothes investigators on this case with me, and the three of us need a distraction. Please."

"Whats so special about this bell exactly?"

"I'm not EXACTLY certain HOW, but it causes Hysteria-induced anoxia which leads to pulmanary arrest and cardial infarction." Josiah crossed his eyes as he read the terms he'd Googled.

There was another long silence, almost as if Tibbs was raising an eyebrow over that comment.

Josiah grimaced, "Okay fine. Ringing the damn thing makes you laugh so hard you give yourself a friggin' heart attack. You have what? Four bodies in the morgue, all dead from a combination of lack of oxygen to the brain and heart attacks, right?"

Receiving the silent treatment, Josiah continued, desperate, now. "Don't ask me to explain it, okay?! It's something right of the d*** X-Files; I'd know, it's my job. Anyhow, I need to snag it before some terrorist group gets their hands on it, but my cover is blown, and Security won't let my partners near it."

"And you're sure this is the guy?"

"Sure as a-" Josiah bit his tongue, facepalmed, then continued. "Yes. I'm sure."

"I'll see what I can do."
                          Before Josiah can say much of anything more he hears a faint click then a dialtone.

"And befo-" Josiah looked at his cell, then swore. "Son. Of. Eh!"
                          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 09-12-2012, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• Ted had been up all night, getting ready. No half measures this time. He had his Tesla secured in a non conspicuous location, two small vials..one sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) .. one vinegar kept far apart, and he went to the location of the comedy show to scout out the exits. He knew where all the exits where by heart. He was tired of all the half measures and guesswork..though it seemed to work for them so far.
                            Last edited by Mytical; 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• As Ted is wandering around, he seems to be left alone entirely, even by on staff security.

He finds a dozen possible exits, some of which are very securely locked, and don't appear to be fire exits.

About an hour before the show starts a strikingly exotic looking young woman (maybe mid 20s), wanders up next to him and begins making small talk, the first few words out of her mouth marking her as someone not local.
                              Last edited by Sarlon; 09-07-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• All of Ted's inner alarms are going off. A strange attractive woman comes up out of the blue, and starts talking to him just as he is doing his investigation? Yeah..nothing odd about that. He talks to her, however, as he knows sometimes he is too suspicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X