Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS denizens, I urgently need your help. (Animal/Shelter/Law people esp. Useful)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the police truly are not an option, then I'm not sure anything can be done. Sorry.

Don't know what this "local enforcement" you refer to is. The image that conjures up is similar to the Mob, and I don't think they'd be too enthusiastic about helping somebody get their cats back.

My feeling, and probably the feeling of others, was that negotiating wouldn't do any good. Those people aren't going to give you your cats back; you have to take them. That's why we suggested the police.

It's a very sad situation. We were only trying to help.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      It's a very sad situation. We were only trying to help.

I know, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to blow up, it's just... I feel so hopeless. All I want is my kitties back and I have no idea how to do that, or even if it can be done... and it hurts I love my cats so much and I feel like I'm letting them down, especially Bundy because she's been abandoned before and I know she has bad separation anxiety and I specifically promised her I'd never leave her, but it's so hard to find a solution. I mean, I guess the courts would do it, or a charity that does that, or... I don't know. That's why I asked for help, I figured animal shelter workers/animal rights lawyers etc might know, or at least give me specific laws to cite at them and to harangue the police with until they did something (because a garden variety complaint will go absolutely nowhere.)

(they're not the mob, more organised local vigilantes. they're the reason we don't have drugs and petty crime and burglaries and sex offences etc, and a lot fewer sectarian things than you'd expect, where I live, even if the shittiness of the area would have you think otherwise. They resolve stuff like this pretty often... but I don't want to get them involved unless I have to. For one thing, I disagree with the whole concept of vigilantism, and for another I think local support and therefore local recruitment for the police, which is the only way things will change (right now it is overwhelmingly Protestant, way way over the actual demographics) is for them to be trusted to help... except right now they can't. God, this country is fucked up. People wonder why it is I'm so desperate to marry an American to GTFO of here. Well, this is why.)
      Last edited by Ree; 07-11-2013, 09:26 AM. Reason: Trimmed excessive quote of entire post
      "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Yeah..I'm backing out. Sorry you lost your kitties, but honestly, if you came for help and then come back with that...I'm out.

Sorry your furbabies were taken, but I honestly can't believe that the police are such absolute shit as to ignore what is blatantly theft. Good luck in whatever you do getting them back, but if advice is going to be ignored, no more will be given, at least by me.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
          Yeah..I'm backing out. Sorry you lost your kitties, but honestly, if you came for help and then come back with that...I'm out.

Sorry your furbabies were taken, but I honestly can't believe that the police are such absolute shit as to ignore what is blatantly theft. Good luck in whatever you do getting them back, but if advice is going to be ignored, no more will be given, at least by me.

No problem. Sorry you feel that way.

If you ever want to learn about Northern Ireland and the Troubles, give me a bell.
          "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Oh my God oh my God oh my GOD!!!

One of my lawyer friends finally emailed me (Christ, they make those poor bastards work for their six figures - I think we once calculated once that, per hour, he makes less than some London bus drivers) an hour or so ago, and I woke up and checked my email, and...

1. He got it so that they are FORBIDDEN from rehoming or otherwise disposing of my kitties for x amount of time, or until this is resolved
            2. Another, impartial shelter is going to do a home check, and if I pass THEY WILL HAVE TO GIVE MY KITTIES BACK!!!

I mean, nothing's definite yet, they could still screw me over, but the shelter home check is sometime next week, and it's a definite, DEFINITE good thing!!

I mean, I'm trying not to get TOO excited, in case it all goes wrong and so on, but still...

YAY!!!!

Thanks for your support and good wishes, guys, it meant a lot I'll keep you all posted!
            Last edited by Marlowe; 07-10-2013, 03:06 AM. Reason: tyyyypooooo

Comment

Great news.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                Great news.

It is I've gone from thinking I'd never get them back to being told there's a definite chance and timeframe for them being returned to me, which is the best feeling in the world

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                  They resolve stuff like this pretty often... but I don't want to get them involved unless I have to.
                  If your lawyer friends don't get this resolved, and the police are as crappy as you say, then you WILL have to get them involved.

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                  People wonder why it is I'm so desperate to marry an American to GTFO of here.
                  Oh, don't even open that Pandora's Box with me. My weakness for Irish women is too well known.

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                  Sorry your furbabies were taken, but I honestly can't believe that the police are such absolute shit as to ignore what is blatantly theft.
                  It may be a shock to a lot of Americans, but police are not always the way they should be, the way we think they should be in the U.S. Even here in the U.S.

And sometimes, as pointed out, they have bigger fish to fry than catnappings.

The dicks who took Marlowe's cats are damn lucky that she is far nicer than them, and that she is less like me, because while she has not done so, I would have no problem unleashing goon friends upon them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                    It also depends a lot on where in Ireland Marlowe lives - religious persecution is alive and strong there, and has been for generations.
                    West Belfast, right off the Falls Road. It's... not the best. Once the police lifted my friend right off the street and he vanished into thin air for two days. If I'd not seen him be taken, we'd have had no idea where he was. As it was, we called round police stations nonstop until an old lady called me saying she had a young man at her house with no jacket or shoes who said he knew me and to call. Turns out he'd been turfed out of the police station over the road without said items, having had the shit beat out of him, but without ever having officially been booked so his "stay" was completely off the record. Nice guys, our local police.

Quoth Jester View Post
                    It may be a shock to a lot of Americans, but police are not always the way they should be, the way we think they should be in the U.S. Even here in the U.S.
                    It's true. I think a lot of people just can't understand it. Either that, or they just don't want to...

Quoth Jester View Post
                    The dicks who took Marlowe's cats are damn lucky that she is far nicer than them, and that she is less like me, because while she has not done so, I would have no problem unleashing goon friends upon them.
                    Thanks Jester... I'm glad you get it. I was beginning to feel like I was being blamed from all sides for something I had absolutely no control over. You've made me feel a lot better. And, if this doesn't get resolved, you can bet your ass I'll be calling them. I love those cats and to be frank anyone who could take a group of cats away from a hysterically weeping and screaming girl deserves whatever comes to them.

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Oh, don't even open that Pandora's Box with me. My weakness for Irish women is too well known.
                    Wanna get married? I don't blame you for having a thing for Irishwomen though, we are definitely one bunch of awesome badasses... we take no shit from anyone and don't go in for any of that delicate wallflower crap

Comment

To all posting in the thread:

Please keep in mind that CS does NOT condone violence, or even threats thereof. This thread has veered off-course into what is unquestionably Fratching territory. Please keep the discussion to the matter at hand (the theft of the kitties) and the *legal* resolution to that problem, or we will have no choice but to close the thread.

Discussions of religious/political/etc nature belong on our debate-friendly sister site, Fratching.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm sorry, Eric. I was just trying to explain why it was I couldn't go to the police and sometimes I can get... a little heated

To get back on track, here's a photograph of what two of my remaining kitties are doing right now (Mr Francis is the white one, Dexter is the black and white monstrous one.)

They all love to snuggle, so when my full complement of kittykats is here, more often than not I end up with a tangled pile of cats

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                          I don't blame you for having a thing for Irishwomen though, we are definitely one bunch of awesome badasses... we take no shit from anyone and don't go in for any of that delicate wallflower crap
                          And the brogue is pretty hot, too.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Marlowe, I didn't know what to respond in the thread earlier cause I kept thinking the same thing, call the cops. But that had been said and then you said where you were at and I mentally facepalmed. Now I really knew I didn't know what to say or do to try and help. However I did look online to keep track of cats being posted. I was hoping since I'm in a very different time zone if they were posted I could spot it quick. But now you have the big chance to get them back and I'm thrilled for you. I really hope these people get their asses handed to them and think twice before trying this again.

I've lost a friend due to the violence in Ireland, was talking to me and a few others online, went to go answer the door, and...yea... The three of us still don't know what happened to him but I do know his place has gone through a few families since then. Sometimes I think of him as a lost chance. :/ So...stay safe. Specially with whats coming up soon on the calendar.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              And the brogue is pretty hot, too.
                              To be sure

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                                However I did look online to keep track of cats being posted. I was hoping since I'm in a very different time zone if they were posted I could spot it quick.

That is so unbelievably lovely of you, thank you I'm glad there are so many wonderful people looking out for each other on this board, it's great. I'm really hoping this pans out and I do get my babies back, but if not, and it carries on, then it's good to know you guys got my back

Comment

Working...
                                X