X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best pranks?

I had two that amused me greatly.

A: A cousin of mine was very late for some family event. The three of us left, his sister and my sister and I, decided to stack the Uno deck, so he got the crappiest cards possible, and we would all get cards to punish him.

By the end, he literally had over half the deck. At the end of the game, we revealed what we did.

B: A friend of mine was a bit... weird. We were in art class, and both of us left to get supplies at the same time. I came back a bit later than her to see her looking under the desk.

Me:W hat are you doing?
    Her: I thought you shrunk!
    Me: 0_o (WTF?)

She left the table again, and I decided to follow her, and wait. She looked under the chair again, then sat on the chair looking confused. I walked up behind her, and touched her plastic princess crown. (She talked the science teacher into giving it to her. AS I said, she's a bit weird.)

Her: Oh my god! Cooper's on my crown!

She takes off the crown and starts talking to it. I just roll with it.

Her: You can have a normal life.
    Me: I'm inches tall!

This goes on for a little bit, then she looks around the crown and says:

Her: Where are you?

Another Student: Behind you.

I didn't actually get hit with that. She gets really off when on Mountain Dew, and I'm thinking that had to be the explanation for all this. (It got to the point where her boyfriend would confiscate her mountain dew.)

My father did something similar to B, where he put a walkie-talkie into a pile of bricks, and convinced the neighbor kids his friend was in there.

A couple cow-irkers and I once filled our boss's office with balloons. That took some work, let me tell you. Thank [insert deity here] it was a small office...
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I am semi-legendary among my friends for pranks and practical jokes. Many of them actively avoid me on April Fools Day.

My best prank was probably the Super Bowl Prank, wherein I had my friend Magic Frank convinced that he was in negotiations with the NFL to perform magic for NFL executives and bigwigs at the upcoming Super Bowl that year.

It was revenge for all the times he'd call me way too early in the morning for utter bullshit.

The reveal was when my friend Pilot, who had been playing the part of the booking agent in phone calls with Frank, said, "I'm sorry, but we're not going to be able to use you after all. We don't employ people who call their friends that fucking early in the morning." *click* Cue Frank wandering back into the bar with a confused look on his face. Cue me and my friends holding up signs reading "Gotchya!" Cue Frank laughing ruefully.

Frank doesn't call me early in the morning anymore.

Yes, I am evil. Why ever do you ask?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        A couple cow-irkers and I once filled our boss's office with balloons. That took some work, let me tell you. Thank [insert deity here] it was a small office...
        Heh, I've done that.

I once showed up to work in a wheelchair we found, and said "Hey, Annoying Coworker, I need to see Boss Man. I think I'm going to need some time off."

Her eyes went WIDE as she went to go find him. She couldn't understand why I was laughing when I got back, and looked even more confused when I finally stood up.

The BEST prank, though, was when I had Former Boss Man calling his credit card company in a panic because he thought he'd been charged $450 for a 19-year-old mail-order bride. I made some fake mail from an actual company and slipped it in the rest of his mail. I used the last 4 digits of his credit card, which I took from a receipt he turned in for reimbursement, to make my own fake receipt. I put the mail-order company's address on everything, but put our corporate office's phone number figuring he'd call and all would be revealed. He didn't try to call the number, though, and was on the phone with a very confused credit card rep instead. Other MOD (who was in on it) had to convince him to look very closely at the phone number on the mail he had gotten. The last words I heard as I walked out the break room door to start my shift were "You little witch!"
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My best prank requires some lead in. To start off with, we had a rule: After Noon, all pranks get stopped. April Fools was strictly a morning activity for us.

Every year for April Fools, us kids would pull a series of pranks on our mom. Missing coffee cups (and I mean ALL of them) mislabeled food items, etc. and a glass of milk on the table for her that was usually laced with something like garlic powder.

This went on for years to the point where mom would wake up and before doing anything would ask what we had done.

Well, one year I was the sole agent and I needed something to top everything previous so I went with: nothing. Nothing at all. I just put a glass of milk out for her. Not tampered with or anything. Just regular milk.

Cue the entire morning of my mom freaking out trying to figure out what I did. Every time I she asked the answer was the same: nothing. Noon passes and she asks one final time. I look her dead in the eye and said I did nothing.

The best prank was the one that never came.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I was once a major prankster. The best though I believe I've already posted on here..and was only possible because my cousin could sleep through a tank rolling through the house.

He stayed over one night, with me .. and my two brothers. His brother was also in on it. I came up with the idea though. When he fell asleep, we went in..turned the whole room around. His bed, where the cabinets were, the whole nine yards. Then we sealed off any possible light source (windows, etc). We went outside, turning the light off (which we needed to see what we were doing) and sealed the door with duck tape. We then just waited for morning. Que him stumbling about, cursing, trying to find a light...lol. Think it took him ten twenty minutes.. This happened years ago though, so I hope I got the details right. YMMV. I don't remember if we woke him up that night (somehow), or if he slept through the night for example. Everything about the moving around the furniture, etc I know for a fact..but the other details may be a bit muddled.
            Last edited by Mytical; 09-01-2013, 06:03 PM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Alas, I've not really been involved in any really good pranks, though I've seen a few or heard of them.

One summer I went to this summer camp where our cabin got into a prank war with our sister cabin. Well, when I say "prank war," I mean that our cabin would raid their cabin with silly string and water balloons, and they'd retaliate by ambushing us on our way back from the dining hall. (Most of us escaped and made it 'home,' but at least one guy staggered back in a short while later utterly DRENCHED and covered in silly string.) We'd raid them again, they responded by smearing slime all over our windows and doorknobs. We'd raid one last time, they got us back by TP'ing our cabin THE LAST DAY of camp. (And our cabin had to be SPOTLESS before we left.)

We did, that same year, prank the littlest guy in our cabin by duct-taping him to his bed.

Probably the cleverest prank I heard of, though, was from some school in my general area, a senior class prank that involved setting three pigs loose in the school. But they'd labeled the pigs. They labeled them "1" "2" and "4."

Thus causing the faculty to scramble around looking for pig number 3, which didn't exist.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I once got one of my college roommates with adulterated soda. (No, we don't condone tampering with food and drinks on CS but this long predates my membership and was really just mixing two incompatible flavors together). He was a huge Mt Dew addict so one day I acquired some Dr Browns Cel-Ray (celery flavored soda) from the kosher section of the supermarket. I mixed it about 50-50 with his Mt Dew (had to fiddle the ratios a bit so the color was approximately correct) then put it in his fridge and waited for him to get back from class.

Sure enough, about 30 seconds after he went into his room, he was back out.

"WHO PUT SOMETHING IN MY MT DEW??!?!? IT TASTES LIKE *ASS*!!!!"

Even he had to admit it was a good one. He was a good sport about it because I had set aside a fresh bottle to replace the one I fucked with.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

My best prank was pulled with a then-friend of mine with whom I did ballroom dancing lessons. We were only a few days away from major performances that we would be doing with our respective teachers. It just so happened that my father had a neck brace and a large boot cast from major leg problems, and that my friend had a soft-top jeep that he drove pretty wildly. Cue us coming to the dance studio one afternoon with him in the neck brace and a sling and me in the foot brace with fake bruises on my face. That was promptly followed by two teachers swearing and getting pretty upset until they clued in what was happening.

Still gives me a chuckle...
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Our family has a tradition of pranking people on honeymoons, and of them all we got my cousin the best. In college he bought a '78 charger, drove the crap out of it for 4 years, then crashed and wrote it off. Frame bent - 'unfit' (can never be plated again). He put it my parents unused barn in case he needed parts and bought another '78 charger. When he went on honeymoon his sister borrowed my truck to deadfall her back 40, and since she promised him 1/2 for his stove he lent me his car for the two weeks. And he only made me promise about 80 times to take good care of his car (he really loves that car). I was to leave his car in his driveway the morning his plane was due in.

So me and my brother did what anyone would do for family....repainted the dead car to match the current one, towed it to his house, parked it on his driveway, and beat the crap out of it with baseball bats! Parked his completely healthy car in my parents old barn, and hid in the house for the show.

That man was on his knees weeping when we came out of the house laughing! He did eventually see the humor in it though, especially when he discovered our second prank. We hid ten cases if beer, bottle by bottle, in various weird places around his new house. He said it took him about three weeks to find all 240 bottles, and about three months to drink it all, so that gave him lots of time for forgiveness.
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Back in the day [1979] I was dating a hard core audio nut - he had something like $5000 in stereo gear [ Nakamichi is about the only brand of some of the components I can remember.] He was moving from a small apartment to a condo he had bought, and we decided to move his stereo stuff in my car. So he carefully packaged everything and gently put it into the trunk, with the bunch of speakers [like 6 or 8 of the damned things] filling the back seat. My mid 70s company car Impala. I was to take everything home with me and meet up at the new condo Saturday afternoon.

So, I went to work, got the keys to one of the company cars that had gotten rear ended, scrounged a bunch of the all in one stereos that people were throwing away, speakers, any sort of gear that we figured would work. Sledgehammered it and shoved all the pieces into the trunk and back seat and moved it to my parking lot. Hid my car in the next lot over.

Saturday afternoon rolls around, and we call him to say that I had car problems, so he drives over, spots the car, parks near it, walks over to it and about has a stroke

After we give him a beer, we walk him over to my car and show him the stereo equipment in pristine condition.

[and no the prank didn't break us up, we were together for another 2 years ... we broke up because I didn't want to move to Cleveland.]
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                        Our family has a tradition of pranking people on honeymoons, and of them all we got my cousin the best. In college he bought a '78 charger, drove the crap out of it for 4 years, then crashed and wrote it off.
                        Did you mean '68 instead of '78? There were 3 generations of Charger. First was mid '60s to early '70s (think "Dukes of Hazzard" on TV). Second was a 4-cylinder front-wheel-drive based on the Omni 024 (slicker-looking 2-door version of their econobox hatchback). I know the 024 came out a couple years after the regular (4 door) Omni, which was a new model for '78 (my mother owned a '78 Horizon, the Plymouth "twin" of the Omni, and the first week she owned it the dealer had to scavenge a part from one in the showroom because they didn't have spare parts yet for the new model). The 3rd generation is still being built, but it's probably too recent to have been the subject of this prank.

Was your cousin's Charger a 2-door with a V-8 (1st generation), a 2-door with an inline 4 (2nd generation), or a 4-door (3rd generation)?
                        Last edited by Ree; 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My best prank ever?

THE GAME!!!
                          I lost!!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Was your cousin's Charger a 2-door with a V-8 (1st generation), a 2-door with an inline 4 (2nd generation), or a 4-door (3rd generation)?
                            It must have been a straight 4, because it didn't drive like an 8 cylinder, but I'm really not sure. It could also have been a chop/rebuild mutt, because he would have bought the first one around 92/93, I'm pretty sure he bought the second in '97. He didn't get married until '04.

And I don't care what dodge tells you, nothing made in the 21st century is a charger.
                            Last edited by Ree; 09-03-2013, 07:58 AM.
                            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

When I was in college we did "Pumpkin Pals" in the dorms, kind of like Secret Santa but you could leave treats or play tricks on your person. My friend M got my friend S two years in a row. One morning she put clear packing tape criss-crossing S's door, with shaving gel sprayed on it to make it a pain to clean up. S was running late that day. S was not happy. (My freshman year I came back to my room one day to find my teddy bear hanged from the curtain rod. My sophomore year I was sick that week and my "pal" took pity on me (or she was being lazy) and just left me a bucket full of candy at the end of the week; though I did spend the whole week wondering if something was going to happen.)

Quoth Cooper View Post
                              By the end, he literally had over half the deck. At the end of the game, we revealed what we did.
                              My brother managed that once with no tampering by the rest of us. When I was in middle- and high school we used to rent a beach house for a week every summer, and most years it was my parents, my brother, and my and his best friends. Us kids would stay up late playing Uno with alternate rules (which my parents refused to play by because one game could last 3 hours), where you could stack Draw-Two cards (or Draw-Fours and Draw-Twos, if you had the right color) and potentially get someone drawing a dozen cards or more. My brother had really bad luck one night. At one point he counted his cards and he had exactly half the deck in his hand.
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-02-2013, 04:11 AM.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X