Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a lousy prankster but ... let me introduce you to my brother, who's now management level and respectable (or maybe not so much; I've never spoken to his employees ...)

In his younger years, though, it was quite another story.

He and a good buddy once took one of our mother's cigarettes and removed some of the tobacco, replacing it with one of those little exploding thingies that explodes when you light the cigarette. Then they replaced as much tobacco as they could, tamped it down so it looked normal, and put it back in with the other cigarettes.

As luck would have it, Mom lit up that cigarette when the two of them were in the room.

Joke thingie explodes.

Mom levitates three feet off the sofa and comes down running.

Brother and friend are already out the door and halfway down the block and still accelerating.

Fortunately she didn't catch them.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Probably the cleverest prank I heard of, though, was from some school in my general area, a senior class prank that involved setting three pigs loose in the school. But they'd labeled the pigs. They labeled them "1" "2" and "4."

Thus causing the faculty to scramble around looking for pig number 3, which didn't exist.
      This one reminds me of my graduation ceremony. The ENTIRE graduating class was in on this one.

What it was was some of the class went out and bought mesh bags of marbles and handed them out, one per student. When it came time to get our diploma and congratulatory handshake from the principal, we would palm off the marble to him. (some were less subtle and just outright handing it to him) Every tenth person he had to put the marbles into a pocket.

Did I forget to mention the graduating class was over 300 students?

I'm pretty sure he had to have his suit repaired after that. I doubt the pockets recovered.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        It must have been a straight 4, because it didn't drive like an 8 cylinder, but I'm really not sure. It could also have been a chop/rebuild mutt, because he would have bought the first one around 92/93, I'm pretty sure he bought the second in '97. He didn't get married until '04.
        By '92/'93, prices on the first generation would have been climbing as a "classic musclecar". Since it was body-on-frame, it could be straightened ("unfit" merely means it's not CURRENTLY in condition to be plated). The insurance company writing it off would be because it wasn't worth the cost of repairing - in the mid-'90s, a 1st generation definitely would be worth repairing, a 2nd generation (4 year old subcompact with unit body damage) wouldn't. My guess is that it looked like the 3rd picture in this article. Am I correct? If not, which one did it look like?

Last edited by Ree; 09-03-2013, 07:58 AM.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          My guess is that it looked like the 3rd picture in this article. Am I correct? If not, which one did it look like?
          Most like the second one, but the back window was a lot steeper (straighter up and down). I found a picture on google images, labeled 76 charger se, that most matches it, but my linking skills are worse then my spelling, and when I tried to link it went to every picture on the search!
          Last edited by Ree; 09-03-2013, 07:59 AM.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I spent a few summers working at a Boy Scout camp with some very creative staff. Considering most of the staff lived in 8x10' tents on wooden platforms, relocations were frequent and lots of fun. I think my favorite was moving the aquatic dept head's platform, tent, couch and him, without waking him, nearly 3/4 of a mile, down a curving hill to waterfront and floated him out on one of the swim platforms.

There were also a multitude of pranks played using saran wrap, such as attaching people to benches and then leaning the bench up against the dining hall. The best/worst of the saran wrap incidents would have to be hoisting an entire bedframe, mattress, sleeping bag and cousellor to the top of the flagpole and leaving them there to await the morning flag raising.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              I acquired some Dr Browns Cel-Ray (celery flavored soda) from the kosher section of the supermarket. I mixed it about 50-50 with his Mt Dew (had to fiddle the ratios a bit so the color was approximately correct) then put it in his fridge and waited for him to get back from class.

Sure enough, about 30 seconds after he went into his room, he was back out.

"WHO PUT SOMETHING IN MY MT DEW??!?!? IT TASTES LIKE *ASS*!!!!"
              Oh god this reminds me, someone had found yogurt flavored soda. I was unwilling to try a sip but I did take a whiff. I described the aroma as "unwashed crotch"
              Last edited by Ree; 09-03-2013, 07:55 AM. Reason: Trimmed excessive quote
              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Probably the best one I ever pulled was taking about half a skein of yarn and turning my brother's bedroom into a giant spiderweb while he was out visiting friends. He was not amused. And if that's the best, I really need to work on my pranks.

My mom one year for April Fools' pulled a doozy on my dad. He had been re-roofing his toolshed, and had a recently deceased Jetta sitting in the driveway. She woke him up early (it was a Saturday, so she could get away with this - my dad worked 2nd shift and wouldn't normally put up with it for any reason) and told him to get dressed, there had been a terrible wind in the night and it had blown half the shingles off the roof and the Jetta had rolled down the driveway and was sitting next to the neighbors' house. She didn't tell him it was a joke until he had gotten dressed and grimly eaten breakfast.

Also, during their honeymoon or thereabouts, my mom reputedly asked my dad what he wanted to drink with dinner, and he replied "something cold and wet". My mom went to the fridge and made mysterious preparation noises for a bit, and brought him a glass of pale yellow liquid with ice. "You made me lemonade!" he said in delight, and took a huge swig which turned quickly into a spittake. "WOMAN! WHADJOO GIVEMEE??" "Something cold and wet," she said innocently. "Pickle juice." Needless to say, my dad was very specific about what he wanted to eat or drink after that.
                Last edited by Dentarthurdent; 09-03-2013, 09:51 AM. Reason: I can't grammar
                "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
                  Probably the best one I ever pulled was taking about half a skein of yarn and turning my brother's bedroom into a giant spiderweb while he was out visiting friends. He was not amused. And if that's the best, I really need to work on my pranks.
                  We used to take fishing line and string up cabins at Girl Scout camp. We used a tinted line that was pretty much invisible until you were already tangled up in it. We even did our own cabin to say "Hey look, it happened here too so it wasn't us!" But somehow they always knew.

It got to the point where we would ditch the camp activities to go prank cabins. We realized paying $150 a head to go to a weekend camp just to ditch and go prank people was kinda stupid...so we started volunteering as dishwashers to get in for free, and pranked cabins on our off time. They let us do it, too, probably 'cause we were good volunteers who helped with other aspects of camp as needed. We just came at a price.

Another fun one we did once: found our troop leader's mug had made it to Lost and Found. At the end of camp during the circle, they would display all the L&F items to be claimed. We arranged it with the people in charge of L&F so that a pair of underwear would be displayed immediately after the mug. By the time our leader was making her way up to retrieve her mug, the underwear was being displayed and the whole camp thought that's what she was going up to claim. It was a little thing, but it was amusing.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Once in college I opened my dorm room door to find myself webbed in with string. It was very impressive. Unfirtunately I couldn't appreciate the web's artistry as I was leaving at 6:30 am for work, so I just tore it down and went on my way.

Our RA was our friend and we used to do the worst stuff to him. Once when he was gone for the weekend, we crumpled up newspaper and filled up his room almost to the ceiling; when he opened his door it cascaded out in a truly impressive display. My friends had collected newspaper for months and hid it in our rooms in preparation.

Another weekend when he was gone, we plastic-wrapped everything in his room. Bed, desk, chair, dresser...down to his toothbrush holder. We wrapped his VHS tapes and then put them in the cases and wrapped those as well. He was unwrapping stuff for weeks afterward.

Luckily he was a good sport and we always helped him clean up!
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

This happened around 92-93ish. a Friend of mine was 'threatening' another friend of ours with a prank, that originally just started out to make her paranoid, but evolved into an actually prank.

This other friend worked in a mall bookstore, and one Saturday evening right before Christmas we decided to wrap her car for Christmas in the mall parking lost, while she was working. Complete with ribbon, bow, giant Christmas card and a garbage bag. Her car was a late 70s/early 80s Volvo station wagon so it took us a while to do it(not to mention used allot of paper), but we got it done. Part of the fun was watching the reaction of the people while we were wrapping the car.

We were meeting a group of friends of all of us as a local bowling allow, so we went there and waited for her. Everyone around us, said we jumped every time someone opened the door, thinking it was her. It turned out she got off work late, as it was, so she didn't' show.

We swing back by the mall just as she was finishing getting the car unwrapped

Said told us when she left work, her first thought was 'Where did my car go?!oh..that's *MY* car....
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

My best prank involved my niece. One year we gave all the nieces and nephews something from build-a-bear. The oldest niece wanted a "butterscotch bear", but would have taken anything EXCEPT a "sassy kitty"

So after getting the bear, putting in the extras, we carefully taped up the windows to the cardboard "house" the animal arrived in, then placed the house in The box for shipping. We then made up a phony looking "invoice sheet" to be placed on top of the box. Which read 1 sassy kitty, one DVD gift set, one gift card.

My brother described what happened when she opened the box as the coolest thing he has ever seen. She, of course, knew what it was and was smiling and laughing, then she opened the shipping box and saw the "invoice". My brother said her face fell and he could hear the heartbreak as she read, out loud "sassy kitty.." After maybe a minute she got a look on her face, as she knows we like to play pranks, opened the BAB box and saw her bear! She then let loose a huge squeal and was very happy. She told us later that it was a GOOD TRICK.

As a bonus, I will share my brothers best prank.

When the brother was serving in the army, he worked in the main office, typing up schedules and the like. He knew that one of the newly minted lieutenants had a deathly fear of Master sergeants, especially career ones. So for April fools he made a mock up of the local Sheritan hotel chains letterhead and typed up a letter congratulating her as being selected to host the 35th anniversary event celebrating master sgt john smith years of service, with all of his friends, family and fellow ratings there. Class a uniform white gloves expected and so on and so on, and at the bottom he put "by the way this is all BS April Fools from pvt. xxxxxx

When she got the letter, she allegedly turned white as a sheet and before she finished went "OH WE WILL SEE ABOUT THIS" and went into the CO's office to protest. After hearing muffled conversations the door flew open and he heard "PRIVATE!!!!" The CO DID say it was a great prank though.....
                        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                        Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                        Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          My brother managed that once with no tampering by the rest of us. When I was in middle- and high school we used to rent a beach house for a week every summer, and most years it was my parents, my brother, and my and his best friends. Us kids would stay up late playing Uno with alternate rules (which my parents refused to play by because one game could last 3 hours), where you could stack Draw-Two cards (or Draw-Fours and Draw-Twos, if you had the right color) and potentially get someone drawing a dozen cards or more. My brother had really bad luck one night. At one point he counted his cards and he had exactly half the deck in his hand.
                          Half the deck and still no card to play? That's how it usually works in my family. We also modified a deck to contain "Pass your hand" cards. I can't tell you how frustrating (and hilarious) it is to finally be ready to go out and have to pass your hand to someone else. Especially if that someone else has half the deck.

I'm not much of a prankster, but Li'l Sis startles easily. So one night we got some ice cream from the shop down the street and settled in to watch a movie. That movie was What Lies Beneath. So it was during a particularly intense part of the movie and my hands were cold from eating the ice cream. Naturally I put my hand on the back of her neck. She about hit the ceiling and then she hit me. It was worth it though.
                          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Not a prank per se but.....

about 20 years ago as punishment for continuous infractions of the homework rules we took away our daughter's (old school black and white version) Game Boy along all of her games. This happened in Sept. eventually she did earn it back. BUT we wanted to do the "give back" with style. Here is what we did:

right before Xmas we took every single item -- the Game Boy, game carts, the cable, even the batteries and individually wrapped each item and gave them to her for Xmas (yes she did get other regular stuff). Yes I have pics of her opening like 8 or 9 different "presents" that comprised her Game Boy stuff.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              right before Xmas we took every single item -- the Game Boy, game carts, the cable, even the batteries and individually wrapped each item and gave them to her for Xmas (yes she did get other regular stuff). Yes I have pics of her opening like 8 or 9 different "presents" that comprised her Game Boy stuff.
                              I pulled one like that on my sister one Christmas: I wrapped a necklace in its regular box and progressively larger (all giftwrapped, of course) boxes--seven or eight in all.

Now onto my prank:
                              This was in high school. The class was physics and had stools and tables rather than desks. Well a classmate of mine started snoring during a lecture. I went to not only tie his shoelaces together but looped them around a leg of the stool. The instructor realized what I was doing and set the clock a couple hours ahead and quietly ushered us all to the library where he continued his lecture. Too bad this wasn't on video.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                                This one reminds me of my graduation ceremony. The ENTIRE graduating class was in on this one.

What it was was some of the class went out and bought mesh bags of marbles and handed them out, one per student. When it came time to get our diploma and congratulatory handshake from the principal, we would palm off the marble to him. (some were less subtle and just outright handing it to him) Every tenth person he had to put the marbles into a pocket.

Did I forget to mention the graduating class was over 300 students?

I'm pretty sure he had to have his suit repaired after that. I doubt the pockets recovered.
                                Heh. My graduating class did the same thing. About 380 students. On a raised, wooden stage. In a concert hall....

That being said, college was a ton of pranks. I bet a bunch of you have seen the movie "Real Genius"? I lived it.

My best: My dorm consisted of 7 floors with 4 suites on each floor. Each suite had 6 individual rooms and a common room. Nice arrangement, really. My suitemates were just as technically strong, and as evil, as I was...

We had a bit of an issue with the suite immediately below us. They felt they could party until any hour without reprecussion, but if we made any noise after about 9 PM, they'd go crying to the RD/RAs that we were interfering with their attempts to study. (Yeah, like they ever actually cracked a book...) So to get back at them, we built what became knows as "The Grapefruit." (Don't ask why we called it that. I have no idea.)
                                The Grapefruit was effectively a precursor to the Annoy-a-tron, but a bit less compact. It consisted of a small pillow speaker, lots of wire, a capacitor, a switch, and a battery pack. When the switch was hit, the battery would charge the capacitor, trickling more and more power to the speaker. Over about an hour or two, the speaker would produce a VERY high-pitched whine, gradually getting louder as the capacitor charged. After a couple of hours, the capacitor would discharge, taking just as long to go quiet. Because of the way we rigged it, no two components of The Grapefruit were in any one individual room...

We ran the speaker down an internal data conduit until it was in their suite, hit the switch, and left for the day. We did this repeatedly. Aparently they had technicians and maintenance men in and out of their suite for weeks trying to find the source of this incredibly loud whine, but could never find it...
                                Last edited by Crossbow; 09-05-2013, 05:21 PM.
                                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                                X