This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical View Post
    I am on the liver transplant list, but so far they are wanting to hold off on the varices surgery.
    Wow. I had no idea. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Why do they want to hold off?
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

They are weighing the benefit against the potential risks, and right now they believe the risks are not worth the benefits. If they go in and start the surgery..I will already be losing blood, and if a varices burst during the surgery .. well things could get nasty.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Myt - is all of this taking place at the "U of C" hospital?
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Hmm that is a very tricky question, so here goes the explanation. The first time I vomited blood was at my house. They took me to the nearest Hospital..lets call that one WH. They had no CLUE what to do with me, so they sent me to U of C. U of C took care of me for about 7 days..including bringing me back twice because of loss of blood during the initial surgeries.

On a routine banding session (endoscopy in which they band the varices) I had a second bout of bleeding. This time I was already at U of C so it was taken care of very quickly.

This third time I was home again, went to WH again, and had them transfer me to U of C .. since last time WH had no clue what to do. So I went to U of C. There they discovered it was really bad ulcers not varices..so they want to hold off on something called TIPS. The side effects might be worse then if they didn't do the procedure. Hope that clears up some of it.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

As annoying as the drive is, you are in very good hands at U of C, dear. Clearly.

and lots of prayers.

If I still lived there, I'd deliver you flowers. You'll have to make due with virtual hugs!
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

*gentle bear hugs*

I worry, Mytical. <3 We love you around here. Sending prayers.
                Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 09-22-2013, 10:52 AM. Reason: adding things.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I just saw this since I was on vacation with no Internet access. Glad you're doing better, Mytical. Hopefully, they can get things stabilized for you in the near future.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm late to this thread too.

Glad to hear you are home, Myt, and sending positive thoughts on continued healing....

Mike
                    Meow.........

Comment

Mytical is back in hospital.. apparently he was rushed in today with internal bleeding

Thankfully things seem to have stabilized.. his sister told me they were moving him to a regular room and she would get me the number as soon as she could.

I wish that whatever keeps attacking him would just damn well leave him alone.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Oh, no.

Wishes for a speedy recovery.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Got a message from his sister with the number for his room *smiles big, much happier*
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

How's Myt doing this afternoon, Marmalady?
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Praying for him, hope he has a swift recovery.
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Poor guy hope he gets better soon!
                                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                                X