Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Christmas Card Exchange is over! Hope you had fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
    Add me to the list that got the card to Bandit returned with a new address label.

Really hope he is OK.
    Me too...it appears he has logged in in the past few days, but my quickie search seems to indicate his last actual post was in November (whether my search criteria was accurate I can't say for sure).

PS I got Kit-Ginevra's card today! Yay!
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-15-2014, 11:16 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Got my card to Bandit back in the mail today.

Really hope he's doing okay.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Hi all,

I heard back from Bandit. He is alive and well but had to move unexpectedly at the end of November. He said he didn't get many cards out and the rest were lost in the chaos. He apologizes; hopefully he'll check in with us when things settle down.

Comment

• Quoth patiokitty View Post
          If I get his card back I will hold onto it until he has an address I can resend the card to These things happen and I'm just glad that he's okay!
          I will totally hold onto it until next year, if I have to

Comment

• Mulling it over..do we do any other exchanges? I've done some on other forums and it was always a joy to have a special parcel descend on the doorstep-or choosing exactly the right gifts that your bod would like. I'm more than happy to organize one if people are in for it-say mid-February to mid-March?
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• This is currently the only such thing we do, tho we have the Get-togethers forum for unofficial gatherings with members who may be in your area/may be traveling (tho for that, I would definitely suggest setting stuff up as far ahead as possible).

Are you thinking of a Secret Santa-type of exchange (just at another time of year)? Just curious.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I received a lovely card from Pixilated today.

Cards from Bandit (1 tallied), Carina16 (3 tallied), Kit-Ginevra (18 tallied) are hopefully on their way to me.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Hmmm... there were two groups sent out.One lot went on 21st or so,the second lot on 29th. I see a couple are still arriving,so they've taken a few days to cross the pond,with New Year and Christmas and maybe the polar vortexes slowing them down....

And for the exchange,yes it's a kind of Secret Santa-you all throw your names in,a few words of particular likes/dislikes/do not includes and you make up a little parcel for your chosen partner.
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Someone want to get me a picture of what your talking about with Bandit's cards?

Comment

• Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Someone want to get me a picture of what your talking about with Bandit's cards?

Here's mine; not a great pic, sorry. I covered up the addresses, but the center address label was placed over top of the one I used (almost exactly; it took me a second to realize it was a different label). (Bandit is in Canada, btw.)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-18-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• I was trying to make sure a human was looking at these and not just a computer. We had that problem a bit where the computer was making errors.

Comment

• Kit - Cool. Drop Rapscallion a line about the idea, if you please.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth Aethian View Post
                            I was trying to make sure a human was looking at these and not just a computer. We had that problem a bit where the computer was making errors.
                            From his message, I get the impression it was more that his situation was a bit unstable so he was having trouble getting the mail forwarded, not that the post office was necessarily screwing up.

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              From his message, I get the impression it was more that his situation was a bit unstable so he was having trouble getting the mail forwarded, not that the post office was necessarily screwing up.
                              Professional curiosity.

Comment

• I got Pixilated's card today! Happy New Year!

14 days left to tally!

Quoth Aethian View Post
                                Professional curiosity.
                                I got ya'. I would do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X