Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Christmas Card Exchange is over! Hope you had fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got one from celticgirl on Friday.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Tallies close February 1st!

You have 27 days left to tally your cards!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I got ArcticChicken's card today. Thank you, kittens please me greatly! *g*

Just waiting on the following now:
        Bandit
        Carina16
        celticgirl
        Last edited by KatherineB; 01-08-2014, 06:11 AM.
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• We're waiting on 3:

Bandit, Carina and celticgirl. I think.

I do'nt know, I've taken A LOT of NyQuil this last week...

Comment

• I'm nervous that some people have not received my cards yet. I don't have much confidence in the international mail as the postal worker had never done international mail before and I think she screwed up.
            Do I send them again?

Comment

• I would expect no less than 2 weeks for any international cards. How long has it been?
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• DQ yours made it safely over the pond
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I think I mailed mine around Dec 20ish.

Comment

• Quoth DaisyQueen View Post
                    I'm nervous that some people have not received my cards yet. I don't have much confidence in the international mail as the postal worker had never done international mail before and I think she screwed up.
                    Do I send them again?
                    No, you do not have to send them again. Unless you really want to. I don't expect every card to be tallied; as long as there is a reasonable number next to your name I will assume you sent all your cards (you have 18 right now). There's always the possibility of being lost in the mail, which sucks, but that's life. Also, some people are slackers and don't tally everything (or anything), or they just miss one or two when they go to check them off, or whatever.

Sometimes I wish the tally tool showed who checked off what names, partly just out of my own curiosity, but that's probably a bit too much info for the number of people involved.

Speaking of tallies, you have 26 days left!
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-07-2014, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Quoth DaisyQueen View Post
                      I think I mailed mine around Dec 20ish.
                      And I received it from you today. Thank you!

Comment

• I sent a card to a member in England and when it didn't arrive I sent him another. The original turned up 8 months or so later. We had a good chuckle.

I have now tallied all the cards I have received, one or two might have gotten stuck in the piles of stuff on my desk so if I find them I will add them.
                        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• I'm still waiting for 4 cards...

Twenty-Five Days!

Comment

• Three more today from EricKei, worddork and protege. Only three missing!

Comment

• No cards today. Maybe they froze in the polar vortex.

ps 24 days
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-09-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                                No cards today. Maybe they froze in the polar vortex.

ps 24 days
                                I'm wondering if that extends down here in FL, too. I have had no mail for 2 days.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X